Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 8:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Ultimate Collection: How do I make files read-only?
I apologize if this question has already been asked on the forums. My question is, can you still make program files read-only (to help prevent corruption) with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? If so, what is the pathway to find them? The directions I have from the Sims Wikia say that under C:/program files there should be an EA folder, and you select all of the files inside, but I don't see an EA folder there. If there is a different way to do this for Ultimate Collection, please let me know. I'm trying to do all things within my power to prevent corruption!

Thank you!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 9:18 PM
Sure you can. The files are located in C:/Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
From there you just go to each folder and click through TSData/Res/Objects
I think you only really need to make the objects.package for Mansions and Gardens read-only, but it's not like it hurts to do the rest.

If you haven't already, check the Essential Mods thread here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696 for some useful fixes to prevent corruption.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:00 PM
Thank you for replying and for your help, @Ovenhole. I found Origin Games under
Program Files (x86), not the regular Program Files. Is Program Files (x86) the correct place?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:01 PM
Yes, it is.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 3:01 PM
Thanks, @Nysha!