Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 2:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Pleasant house is glitched
Sorry for the horrible picture, but I don't think it's that important since I haven't made any adjustments to the area of the house where the problem is, aka the stair area.

My sims can walk up the stairs perfectly fine, but once up there they start complaining about not being able to go downstairs. So far I've moved them downstairs with moveObjects, but it's going to get really annoying doing that all the time. I only recently noticed I had this problem, during a birthday party of all things. I'd unknowingly saved while the problem was still occuring.

So, what do you think I should do? Could I sell the stairs and buy another one, and see if that works?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 2:55 AM
'Blocked' staircases are a thing, more so with spiral ones. The stair case still thinks its in use, buying a new set is the only thing I have ever found to work. It's not the Pleasant house that is glitched just the staircase, not uncommon. Probably happened when a lot of sims were using the stair case during the party.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
'Blocked' staircases are a thing, more so with spiral ones. The stair case still thinks its in use, buying a new set is the only thing I have ever found to work. It's not the Pleasant house that is glitched just the staircase, not uncommon. Probably happened when a lot of sims were using the stair case during the party.

Thanks. I should have tried buying a new one first.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 3:03 AM
Are there any lights above the stairs or paintings along the wall? The picture is a bit too small for me to make out, but I found sometimes that can glitch them up.

Removing and putting the stairs back should work, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 3:04 AM
I've never seen it happen with modular stairs, so replace with those. There's enough room.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 3:19 AM
Modular stairs are better than full plop down ones, with the exception of the spirals, at least imo. The full ones only allow 1 person to use the stairs at a time, whereas with modular stairs you can have someone goin up at the same time as someone is goin down.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 5:14 AM
I haven't changed the stair at all since the game started. It's still the same base game one the Pleasant house came with.
Theorist
#8 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 5:18 AM
We're not sayin you HAVE changed it. We are suggesting that you DO change it

I don't know if you do have a glitch or not. What I do know is that the stairs that come with the house are the plop down full set of stairs and those will always cause sims to whine and complain since they can only be used by 1 sim at a time.