Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:39 PM
Default New Bay
Well, here it is. My new neighbourhood, which is still a work in progress. I actually love this map (Middleground), its not too large and not too small.
So far I am happy with the layout. The lot with the plumbbob is where my money orientated legacy family dwell (The Petersons), and in the foreground, that is where my second legacy family will reside. They will be my 'money isn't everything' family. Still yet to create this family. There is a library/cafe/recreation centre, the 'Bare Essentials' shopping store, a family park, cemetery, and a fishing hole (located behind the library). I'm contemplating on creating a story, but first,perhaps I should see how my two families will get on with each other, then take it from there. Still undecided.

Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:31 AM
So cute!

Good idea to have a combined library/cafe/recreation centre- that sounds like fun! :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:10 AM
Nice work LilKiwi, I look forward to more.

btw I love your profile picture.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:11 PM
A peaceful, halcyonic hood! Quite adorable, I must say. I can't wait to hear about your sims !
PS: I ♡ the open space!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 9:39 AM
Thank you for the lovely comments. :lovestruc As I'm more of a reader than a writer, I will be sharing pics of whats going on with my sims, and any additions to the neighbourhood. I'm trying to get some decent shots of my lots before uploading them here. Thanks everyone once again, it encourages one to share more.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:52 AM
Well things are progressing nicely in New Bay. I have finally completed my cemetery and thought I would share the final outcome. Any critique is welcome.

Also the home where my 'fortune-ate' family will reside...

And the home for my 'money isn't everything' family...

It takes me quite sometime to finish something to my liking. So apologies for taking my sweet ole' time.. Hopefully I should have more to share soon.
Link Ninja
#7 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 5:16 AM
I think you have a lovely little chapel on your cemetery lot. Maybe do some more landscape on the fortunate house like flowerbeds or hedges, maybe small manicured trees.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 8:06 AM
Thank you Charmful for pointing that out to me. I went back into my NH and did a bit of sprucing up, keeping it within a price that my family can afford. I might add, this is a shell. The interior has not been decorated, nor does it have plumbing, but it does have doors . Here is a before and after comparison.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:35 PM
I like the landscaping that you did, it looks very nice and makes the house a lot more attractive.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th May 2017 at 8:23 PM
Hello, and apologies for my absence. I would like to introduce two of my family's.

Background: Eliza, with her son Henry returned home after going through a messy divorce. Of course she had to listen to the 'I warned you' lecture from her mother Maggie, and all the 'I will not put up with...' rules. Eliza got nothing out of the divorce, not one simolean. Does Eliza have an ulterior motive?

Background: Harvey and wife Blair finally saved enough simoleans to purchase a home out of the city, and out of the cramped apartment, to raise daughter Lilly. Hoping a rural lifestyle will bring many rewards. Have this couple made the right decision?

So basically, these are the founding family's of New Bay.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th May 2017 at 8:52 PM
Ooh, the houses look nice, and so do the Sims . Simple, yet nice .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:08 AM
Thank you Panni. I really try to keep my neighborhoods simple as possible.
An update on the the Peterson family

Apologies for the bland update, but as said, Im not one for storytelling..perhaps if I kept at it, I will improve. I do have ideas in my head for how things are going to be in New Bay. Next update will be the Collins family. Thanks everyone.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:48 AM
LilKiwi your Sims look good and I like what you done with them so far. Good pictures, I am looking forward to more. I would not worry much about doing the story line, I think it will come together as you work on your familes,

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th May 2017 at 11:04 AM
Everything is a story . Keep playing, and a BAM! A story will develop on its own.
Instructor
#15 Old 15th May 2017 at 1:34 PM
What an adorable hood, and an adorable family! I can't wait to see how this story will unfold-Henry is SUCH a cute kid

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th May 2017 at 6:26 AM
And now for the Collins' first update...

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 18th May 2017 at 6:30 AM
Good update for the Collins. You take really good pictures and tell a nice story. I wish I was as good. I do my best though of course.

Instructor
#18 Old 18th May 2017 at 4:43 PM
Aww, sorry about the thermidore Lilly is so adorable, I love your family!

Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:08 AM
Thank you for the kind words lordtyger9. It takes me ages to get a good snapshot, I use the in-game camera and the tab button, and a lot of patience. I'm loving your hood, and your characters by the way.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
Thank you for the kind words lordtyger9. It takes me ages to get a good snapshot, I use the in-game camera and the tab button, and a lot of patience. I'm loving your hood, and your characters by the way.

Oh thanks for the complement LilKiwi, I have been playing my hood the way it is for a little while. In 2015-11-20 I did a complete reinstall from scratch after a major system upgrade and at this point I decided to add my two Founding Alien Families to the Polination Tech #9 Smith's set of Aliens.

I didn't know that you use the in-game camera, so you do take really good pictures then. I find it difficult to use the in-game camera. A little while ago I decided to stop using the in-game camera and instead I use the Screen Shot capability of the Mac, usually the selected region feature as that way I have less cropping to do. I do always convert from .png to .jpg and I do a little bit of cropping if needed.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st May 2017 at 1:49 AM
Heres a little update. The Collins' are doing okay. With Blair doing well at work and Harvey selling his paintings for a nice sum, the family are raking in the simoleans. And so with the money, they are currently redecorating their home, starting with the interior. Blair and Lilly are science enthusiasts, and so when there is time, the two stargaze together, which landed Blair a membership into the secret hobby club. However, all is not complete bliss with this family. On a random visit from the Petersons, Harvey thought he'd blatantly check Eliza out. Much to the horror of Blair. Lucky the kids were outside playing, as I would hate to see little Lilly's reaction if she had witnessed her fathers shenanigans. She's very close to both her parents, and still doing well in school.

The Petersons are also going through a little drama. Eliza keeps rolling a want to find her own place, and I'm thinking why not? Harvey is still close to his grandmother Maggie and still spends more time with her than his own mother. Though Eliza does show the odd affection towards him, it still isn't enough. Gladly though, Harvey is keeping his grades up, and is gunning to be the overachiever Maggie hopes for. He has become good friends with Lilly, but hasn't brought her home from school yet. It seems Lilly is always dragging him to her home after school.

Besties, but not quite at the forever stage

Thats all for now folks. :P
Instructor
#22 Old 21st May 2017 at 5:32 AM
Great update! I wouldn't want to witness my parent's shenanigans either (blech!) The family is really making progress though, and that's good! I love how they all have their individual interests and personalities, making them quite fun to play (and read about)

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
Heres a little update. The Collins' are doing okay. With Blair doing well at work and Harvey selling his paintings for a nice sum, the family are raking in the simoleans. And so with the money, they are currently redecorating their home, starting with the interior. Blair and Lilly are science enthusiasts, and so when there is time, the two stargaze together, which landed Blair a membership into the secret hobby club. However, all is not complete bliss with this family. On a random visit from the Petersons, Harvey thought he'd blatantly check Eliza out. Much to the horror of Blair. Lucky the kids were outside playing, as I would hate to see little Lilly's reaction if she had witnessed her fathers shenanigans. She's very close to both her parents, and still doing well in school
<snippage>
Thats all for now folks. :P

I love your story and the pictures are good as usual.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:01 AM
Well it's been a few days, so I think its time for a quick update. Alas no pics this time.
Maggie and Henry are on their own, with only 2 days before his birthday, when he will become a teenager. Eliza did move out, (I was getting irritated by her constant want to find her own place) back to the city where she hopes to find someone rich, as she is a fortune sim.Though her dance career is going well and she is making quite a few nice simoleans for her pocket.
And for the Collins, Harvey and Blair managed to patch things up after his tiny indiscretion, and Lilly is only a day away from becoming a teenager. Blair is doing extremely well at work, and is hoping Lilly gets into college. Where Harvey is content to stay home and sell his paintings to supplement the income Blair brings in.
I hope to be updating more sometime this afternoon, with pics of course.
Instructor
#25 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:19 AM
Awesome update! I love the concept of Liza starting out on her own to find a rich sim and then *cough*..kill him off...*cough*. Or perhaps her morality deters her from doing so, which s fine . It's great to hear about your families, and I'll be watching for your next update

Check it out ;)

Page 1 of 4