Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:03 AM
Unknown File type?
Hello, I've been using the S2CI for about 3 or 4 years now without any problems. Just recently I got a new computer and installed all my games on it. I also installed the latest S2CI. I've had a couple of crash issues and believe they are a CC issue. While I was using my S2CI to narrow it down, I ran across this unknown file type... I'm not sure if it's an issue or just a glitch. I thought at first that it was the reason for my game crash, but after some checking, I don't believe it is. Could anyone tell me why it's not recognizing the file type? Is it an EP issue or just some weird glitch? My game crashed again the other day and I know it wasn't these files that did it because I'd turned them off with S2CI...
Just needing to know whether I need to delete these of not.
Here's a pic what I'm seeing...

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 5:19 PM
There is nothing in a package which tells the Clean Installer what kind of CC it is. Instead, the Clean Installer looks inside the package to see whether it recognizes anything which distinguishes it from other types of CC. Sometimes, the CI can't determine what the file is and will label the file "Unknown".

From the names, your "Unknown" files appear to be default replacements. Default replacements are often not complete objects, but rely on data inside of the game installation files. Because of this, they often don't contain anything which distinguishes them; the distinguishing information is in other files.

If you'd like me to take a look at the CC, just give me a link. The recognition algorithm can be improved if I can find some way to identify the CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 9:20 PM
Sure. What do you need me to do? I'm not sure where I got some of the stuff... mainly the default dishes. But the marvine stairs and becks ride able duck are among some of the things I found here. What's funny is that they used to be recognized by S2CI on my other computer. Could it be because I recently installed Freetime that it no longer recognizes it?
Do you need me to look up the links for each package and send them to you?
Site Helper
#4 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bahnsidhe
What's funny is that they used to be recognized by S2CI on my other computer. Could it be because I recently installed Freetime that it no longer recognizes it?
Were you using a very old version of the Clean Installer? The recognition algorithm was completely rewritten for version 1.6.0.0 and Karol lost the source code for the earlier versions, so we only have the new recognition algorithm to work with.
Quote: Originally posted by bahnsidhe
Do you need me to look up the links for each package and send them to you?
Yes, I need the download links.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:39 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply weather up here is crazy and I got busy with winter....

I found several of the downloads from here they are

Becks rideable duck

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=283313

Becks rideon lady bug

http://www.modthesims.info/d/309686

Marvines Spiral Stairs and Anims

http://www.modthesims.info/d/249237

The others are from paysites and I don't know if you want those links as well? If so let me know and I'll provide them for you.
Site Helper
#6 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:22 PM
Thanks for the links. No, I'm not going to download from a paysite. Let me take a look at what you've given me so far, to see whether I can improve the recognition algorithm.