Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:24 PM Last edited by Pony34 : 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:47 PM.
Default Add lots in Ea world with CAW ? (solved)
Hello,

Since few days, I try to add 10 lots in the EA world "Monte Vista" (fixed by ellacharmed, downloaded here), with the CAW (I can't just use the "edit town").

But I have somes issues :
_first, install my new version make the original "Monte Vista" bugged : adress, lots/households description remplaced by "files link", and somes lots glitchs. [SOLVED]
_same issue in the new version of the world, solved by rename adress in CAW, and erase all building (the world is empty...) [SOLVED]
_I haven't the "camera welcome movement" (when create a new world), neither the "distant terrain" (no nice view :'( ) [SOLVED]

What I have do ?
_follow the 5 steps here with the world downloaded here
_Edit the world name, description and PNG
_"Save as" the world with another name (else CAW make an error)
_Go in "Edit in game" for erase all the buildings and Save (and Save again in CAW)
_In CAW I have the old texture of the building in the lots, so I edited the "file .world" with S3PE for delete alls old IMG (view here)
_Open the world again in CAW, and save
_Rename all "the adress lots"
_"Degroup the trees", delete simes trees, move somes (and move bugs generator), add my 10 lots (on flat ground), "Regroup the trees", "rebuild routing data" and save
_Then, export the world and install in my game with the launcher

I have the game v1.67, the "Monte Vista Store", and the CAW for 1.67 downloaded in the EA website.

what can I do please ?

Thanks for reading, and sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:20 AM
I can't address all of the problems listed but some of the problems you are having may be caused by the fact that the "fixed" world you downloaded overwrote the original world and you are now trying to use the original world. Or, both are messed up. I apologize if I misunderstood. I don't know that you'll be able to use the original world again unless you made a back up copy of it, remove the "fixed" world, and replace the original world. Since the worlds both have the same ID number, the game considers them to be the same thing. You might be able to change the ID number of the fixed world so that the game considers it a different world. I'm not sure if the process is the same for a store world as for a custom world, but there is more information here: http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t60...a-different-i-d. I hope you find solutions to your problems!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:22 AM
It has been a long time since I have done this and I have never used anything to edit other than the EA versions. As EA I have always had to decrapify before I could work with them in CAW as I recall. And as Simmy RN says, you cannot have 2 worlds with the same ID number. I have done major redos of EA worlds including store ones so it can be done. Including Monte Vista.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:13 AM Last edited by Pony34 : 22nd Feb 2018 at 1:01 PM.
Thanks you SimmyRN ! The issue was between the "original Monte Vista" (by EA or ellacharmed, her world works very well) and "My Monte Vista", but change the ID number solved the issue :D

So, now I have do :
_follow the 5 steps here with the world downloaded here
_Remove the WPID of the world with S3PE _Edit the world name, description and PNG
_"Save as" the world with another name (else CAW make an error)
_Then, export the world and install in my game with the launcher

And I still have 2 issues :
_(optional) when I start in my new world, I haven't the "camera welcome movement"
_I haven't the "distant terrain" (edges and blue around the map...)

I will add my 10 lots again when I can have the distant terrain (it's ugly without :/ )

After somes test, I saw that the "save as" step make me lost the distant terrain, and maybe more ? (I hope no)
So fix the CAW error could be a good thing. When I try to "save" instead "save as", I have this error :

NEWS : Save successful for the file C:/...CAW\UserToolData\Worlds\Monte Vista Bigger\Layers\GlobalLayer_8f3004c7b9a7430.layer
ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 16958304736212266432 (with 7 files, and 9 files like "644859505634983184")
NEWS : Save successful for the file C:/...CAW\UserToolData\Worlds\Monte Vista Bigger.world

I think the 16 files are the 16 others layers (7x Spawners + 9 others + the GlobalLayer).

And if I try to open again the world, I have this error : Loading of the file impossible
(errors in french)

If I can solve this issue, it's perfect, else, I find how add the Distant terrain if I dodge the CAW error, here : https://cawster.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/monte-vista/
(but I'm afraid to have others hidden issue with the world).

any idea please ?

The "save as" step make me also lost households description, and all sims info (relationship, genealogie, career, skills, inventory, personality, age...), too bad :(
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:29 PM Last edited by anamericanwaste : 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:55 PM. Reason: added additinal idea for investigation and corrected type-o
CAUTION: everything I'm about to say is not based on practical experience but instead on something I think I remember reading somewhere maybe.

The "welcome camera" problem might be the absence of the CameraFlyThroughPath.ini. I believe that when you "save as" the ini data is not carried over from the old world to the new one. You might be able to find the CameraFlyThroughPath.ini in the original world by opening it in S3PE and extracting resorce 0x7886A7F59355762F 0x00000000 0x1F886EAD. Once extracted, you can rename it CameraFlyThroughPath.ini and put it in Documents \Electronic Arts \The Sims 3 Create A World Tool \UserToolData \Worlds \[worldname]\ Config\. If Config dose not exist (it shouldn't) you will need to make the folder. Once done, when you "save as" it should include the ini into your world. You will have to add the CameraFlyThroughPath.ini to the world's Config folder every time before you save because, like I said, i don't think ini data it self carries over from one save to another so you need to make sure the file is always there for it to include, or at least there on your finnal save.

You can read more about ini's and worlds IN THIS THREAD and the threads and posts it links to.

The problems with sim families and their descriptions might be related to CAW's inability to really deal with sims. I have yet to deal with populating worlds (or populated worlds) in CAW but you might be able to get some ideas on what is going wrong and how to fix it reading up on pre-populating worlds in CAW HERE.

EDIT: or perhaps the sim problems are related to that mystery file CharacterImport.xml that was mentioned in the above linked thread. Something to perhaps poke around with maybe? /EDIT

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 5:38 PM Last edited by Pony34 : 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:58 PM.
Thanks anamericanwaste, I think with your answer I can solve the last issue I have :)

Today, I read the full topic here : Research - Editing Premade Worlds: Info & Help Plz?
I have understood that I can't skip the "save as" step.

For the Sims issue, the solution was here : Bridgeport - edit'n'export (experimental)
In the same way, I have solved the lost of the sky (there are 2 xml files...)

For the Distant Terrain, I need to add this file : Monte Vista | Cawster

And for the Welcome Camera, I will try your solution.

So, what I need to do :
1. Create a LargeFlatMap300 world in CAW (IMPORT.world), save and close CAW
2. Open IMPORT.world in S3PE 3. Import "from package" from "Monte Vista.world"
4. Export XML files (and camera file)
5. Delete the new WPID file, save and close S3PE 6. Open IMPORT.world in CAW, Rebuild routing, add Name, description and PNG, "save as" "Monte Vista 2.world"
7. Before Export the world, import XML files (and camera file) with S3PE This solution isn't perfect and clean (not like Ellacharmed has do), but I think and hope it's safe and bug free.

Seems to be ok :D

Finaly :
1. Create a LargeFlatMap300 world in CAW (IMPORT.world), save and close CAW
2. Open IMPORT.world in S3PE 3. Import "from package" from "Monte Vista.world"
4. Export XML files and all INI files
5. Delete the new WPID file, save and close S3PE 6. Open IMPORT.world in CAW, Rebuild routing, add Name, description and PNG, "save as" "Monte Vista 2.world"
7. Edit the world (adding lots...)
8. Before Export the world, import XML files (maybe also ini files ?) with S3PE 9. Install the world exported with the launcher
10. Import INI files in the "InstalledWorlds\Monte Vista 3.world" with s3pe

For the terrainDistant I haven't found all files in s3pe, but the packages mod is fine.

Thanks a lot, it's awesome to find help in only few days :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 4:03 AM
I am not sure why you are having such problems with this. I have looked at at least most of the EA worlds in CAW and each time the distant terrain has been included. I do not worry about flyovers, so that is not an issue to me. But every time I have done this the whole world that EA did is what I get in CAW, complete.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:50 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:41 PM.
That save as problem might be related to using EA worlds. I always made my world from scratch, and I didn't make a flyover. I saved as several times and the world did not have any problems.

Edit: I of course had problems, just not this kind. It seems like CAW always is equal to problems in all kinds and sizes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am not sure why you are having such problems with this. I have looked at at least most of the EA worlds in CAW and each time the distant terrain has been included. I do not worry about flyovers, so that is not an issue to me. But every time I have done this the whole world that EA did is what I get in CAW, complete.

When I import the world in CAW, it's complete, but when I "save as" I lost somes TerrainDistant files (I see this in s3pe). I suppose I could import them again with s3pe, but I don't know all them names... And for now, the packages solution works, so nevermind... ^^
And maybe I have this issue because I import from the ".world fixed", and not the original EA, but I want keep the routage fixes, without them my game freezes in Monte Vista.