Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 2:00 PM
Okay i have deleted them.
Sorry, if this is turning into a support thread, but i didnt expect the lags to get this bad.
Now, i made a new town with Twallans mods, some for progression story, and some for error fixes and so on.
So...
I get theese kind of messages WHOLE TIME: http://i41.tinypic.com/288h8p.png

Any way to turn them of? Its very annoying.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 2:04 PM
totte1015, that information is included in the documentation for the mod:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression
You should ask questions pertaining to the function and use of that mod on the creator's site.
Instructor
#28 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:52 PM
Look for the files under "C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" on Windows 7.

The "DCB" and "DCC" are both folders with packages and one of them will have all your downloaded mods from the website (anything you had to install with the Sims installed). Might have a corrupt file in there.

The .cache files are literally .cache and not packages. There should be four of them consisting of "Compositor.cache", "SimCompositor.cache", and "Script.cache", if those haven't been deleted then they could also be storing your problem. If you can't find them attempt a general Windows search for ".cache" within TS3 "My Docs" directory.

Also, that save game seems very small, I doubt memory is your issue (unless your almost out of hard drive space or haven't defraged your computer).
Field Researcher
#29 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 8:15 PM
I prefer Twallan's.. and NoCensor. Though then again there might be an option under TWallan's to take care of that.
I also use a bunch of sliders too. I forget which though.

I don't use AM anymore because I stopped playing the game for a year, and I suspect it is why all my old saves but one stopped working even after I updated awesomemod to the latest. I had just skipped so many in between.

The only save that still worked was one I had played before getting AwesomeMod.

So in case I take a long break again, I'm not gonna do it.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 11:36 PM
I couldn't play my game without most of Twallan's mods. Must haves are Story Progression, Master Controller, Relativity, Woohooer, Overwatch and since installing Pets, Register. Love ani's shopping mod, the memory manager and Buzzler's Moar Interactions as well.
Scholar
#31 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Who disagreed with awesomemod? It's really awesome. I can't play without it. If you have problems with it it's usually PEBKAC.

I did. Twallan's mods blow Awesome away. (Just my opinion)
Forum Resident
#32 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 4:23 AM
I'm noticing a lot of the really talented and serious modders in the community use Awesome Mod. Is it because it's easier to mod the game? I'm curious about why you use it. Because it seems like the better choice would be Twallan's since you can add pretty much whatever you want with his mods being non core mods.. But I want an honest evaluation. Like I get the features that come with Awesome, but those come with Twallan's suite also. But what is the uummph factor that makes you prefer to use that along with Twallan's mods. Why isn't his suite enough? The reason why I'm so curious is because I played with Awesome for a little while, and I like it. But the Awesome story progression and the way that CAS didn't have the flexibility I became used too wasn't how I like to play. How do you guys play your games? Are you legacy players, or single sims players.... Just curious.....
Theorist
#33 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 5:33 AM
^Buzzler explained it best:

Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Quote: Originally posted by helaene
I prefer Nraas' MasterController (formerly Super Computer) mod. It does everything I used to do with AwesomeMod, and it gets updated VERY frequently.

You're comparing mods that are inherently different. With AwesomeMod being a core mod, there is an entirely different range of possibilities. Where a standalone script mod can only attempt to fix stuff after-the-fact (and MasterController doesn't as it is a feature type of mod and not a fix-your-game type of mod), a core mod can actually prevent borkage in the first place. Just because you're only using a couple of a core mod's features, this core mod doesn't suddenly become the same breed as a script mod with the same features.

And yes, twallan is fast to update his mods to a patch, but again, comparing that to a core mod makes just no sense whatsoever. A core mod replaces the core, so every tiny little patch causes basically the same amount of work to update it. For a standalone script mod, the amount of work depends on the changes the patch makes. For the latest patch, the effort to update standalone scripting mods was Zero; if you don't count extracting and changing the libraries to get the code to compile again, which can in fact be quite tedious.

And BTW: The testing version of AwesomeMod was released the day the patch was released. Obviously, testing versions aren't meant for people who are unable to find them.

From http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...722#post3312722
Forum Resident
#34 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 6:57 AM
Okay so it completely reconfigures the game with an alternative core, squashing the bugs (you really don't notice at first) before they snowball. Okay so awesome mod fixes the actual mechanics (hardware) of the game. Hmmm, okay I get it. So do you need a really strong processor and graphics card to be able to play with Awesome Mod? I played with it for a little while, like I said, but threw it in my mods folders, with the configuration package, and it did cause some lag. However I did start on save that was already altered by other mods. So that may have been a factor. Do you guys who use AM exclusively find legacy play to be better than EA's SP with AM story progression? All I hear about is adding cribs to houses to make them procreate (which makes since) but does it really work? I understand you have to take traits into account (does the sim have nuturing, family oriented, flirty traits etc), but I figure that would be less stress on ram doing it that way, if it works.....
Instructor
#35 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 10:06 PM
Why I use Mods... Awesomemod in particular
I use Awesomemod and a vast majority of Twallan's Mods. So long as they're all updated they run perfectly fine with one another and, imho, are essential. Awesomemod isn't going to require more processor power (as far as I know) and shouldn't cause any more lag, it just does good things like:
removing sparkles, singing, manual navigation, less whiny, no route failure, pausing, speed, supreme commander (custom sim AI), improved cars, camera fixes, motive re-balancing, better billing, better community stuff, aging stuff, baby fixes, difficulty sliders, CAS fixes, aspiration and want fixes, and tons of other features.

The best thing is that it's customizable meaning you can pick exactly what you want or don't want. For example, I use Twallan's mod for the story stuff and enabled Unified Billing (NPC's get bills). For me it brings a lot more dynamic life to the simulation aspect of the game.

Honestly, couldn't play without Awesomemod. If your not using it, you probably have no idea what your missing.

@totte1015
To disabled to pop-ups (in Twallans, idk about Awesomemod) you'll set "Stories" to "None". Like I said before, I don't use Awesomemod for it's story driver.
Theorist
#36 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 11:35 PM
I used to use AwesomeMod, then used Twallan's SP, tried both, and then started just using Twallan's mods. Recently I downloaded Awesomod again because I was SO TIRED of that same stupid townie face that all sims spawn with, and it randomizes the faces.

I stopped using AwesomeMod for the last 6 months or so because it was not as flexible as Twallan's mods. Twallan gives you many more choices to play the game the way you want to play it. For this reason hid mods have gotten more complex, too. But from looking at the recent AM config file it does look like more things are more optional than they used to be. Another reason that I stopped using it is because once you use it to play a game you will not be able to play that game without it, or apparently, as stated previously, even with it if it's been awhile since you've played it.

As far as performance goes, AM actually makes your sims DO what the message system says their doing. If you get a message that so and so is meeting up with so and so for a date at the bistro, you can watch the bistro and see these sims actually show up there. Twallan's SP used to just simulate activitity so it was easier on lower end computers, although more and more it actually seems to be making the sims actively do stuff in the community such as work the professional careers and so on. So I would bet that performance wise it is about the same for both SP's.

I like a lot of the bug fixes included with AM but I really prefer Twallan's SP. I also love Twallan's WooHooer and Overwatch, Mastercontroller, and now with Pets, The Register are all essential IMO. I also use Twallan's Traveller and recently downloaded his Relativity and love it.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
#37 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:31 AM
Oh, I forgot Twallan's NoCD Mod. Before installing this I had awful problems with my game's disc authentication system on my iMac. A lot of the time it would say my disc wasn't a valid copy of the Sims 3 during the start up screen, even though it was. It's a beauty <333
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:51 PM
Hmm, i have installed some mods now, and the lags are gone.
Guess why?
I disabled Story progression totally... I mean... fuck that, as long i can play i dont give a shit about what others do in my city

Anyway...
Is there any mega mod that adds Home business?
I want to start business like in TS2...
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 8:26 PM
AwesomeMod, Twallan's ErrorTrap, MasterController (with Cheats & Integration), Overwatch, & Porter. AM...it's amazing. I can't play without it. ErrorTrap helps me know what's going on in my game, so I know which sims are corrupted and what not. MC helps immensely with creating new sims in town. Overwatch helps keep my sanity by preventing lag, freezes, andhood corruption. Porter helps when my hood does get corrupted and I need to move sims. I also have teen woohoo and increased fertility XMLs I made myself. All of them definitely help keep my hoods interesting & up-and-running.
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 1:55 AM
I know i sound like an idiot asking this, but when i download mods i just install them using the ts3 launcher, right? im not downloading on the same computer i play on.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:03 AM
Kooks Ka-Pow- this may help:
Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki

Click Help> Sims 3 at the top of the page for more assistance.
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:45 PM
I'm using Twallan's Master Controller, and I must say I'm quite satisfied with it. The problem is, my game patch is sorely outdated (base game is 1.17), and having read about various problems that come with the latest patches scare me from updating. Unfortunately, outdated mods are hard to find. I would have liked to try Twallan's Overwatch and Error trap but I can no longer find the versions suitable. The Relativity mod sounds interesting too.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:23 PM
The very worst patch level in the history of this game is the 1.17, so you're better off updating all the way to the 1.29 now, IMO.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#44 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:47 PM
Top five mods for sims 3?

Awesomemod plus any four Twallan mods.

Quote:
The very worst patch level in the history of this game is the 1.17, so you're better off updating all the way to the 1.29 now, IMO.

Out of curiosity, why?

And 1.29 fixes a LOT of really really horrible Pets issues. So yeah, the patch is a bit sucky, but at least for me Pets was unplayable without it.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#45 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101

Admittedly, a lot of things go haywire after I make my Sims travel to any of the three World Adventure destinations (and I'm really hard put to resist coz I love playing WA), but I'd lurk on forums (or blogs) here and there, and read about how later patches never seemed to provide any remedies so I thought, screw it. To be honest, though, I've only discovered mods recently (yes, yes, I've been living under a rock XD). The most I've put on my game are custom contents such as hair and clothing, even when I was playing Sims 2. You're the first to tell me the patch I have is the worst. I'm considering updating now.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Out of curiosity, why?
And 1.29 fixes a LOT of really really horrible Pets issues. So yeah, the patch is a bit sucky, but at least for me Pets was unplayable without it.

The 1.17 introduced the Traffic Manager with the fake taxi traffic in Bridgeport, and it is this Traffic Manager which refuses to destroy vehicles when it's done with them, leaving the excess vehicles everywhere, the vehicles which the Overwatch mod or equivalent Pescadoan clean up.

There is also some huge issue with the height of the world lot in relation to the height (or height placement on the ground) of the lots. The lots in Egypt and China, primarily the market or the base camp lots were suddenly sunken or raised, making them in some cases near unplayable, unuseable. This is an issue, I say, which effects all worlds and all lots, even though one doesn't see this borkishness directly on every single lot. My personal opinion is that they altered some height rules for the purpose of building Bridgeport, the city center area is on different heights, one road lower down running alongside that higher road; this was never done in any of the earlier worlds.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:24 PM
Thanx to this thread i'm now using register, master controller and overwatch, god knows how i played without them and my favourite save is now actually playable thanx to overwatch removing between 40 and 80 cars every night (in Sunset Valley, i dread to think how many it would take care of if this game was in Bridgeport) and register keeping the number of strays down to 2 of each type. I used master controller to wipe the memories of sims in town who i don't play with and aren't related to my huge family, game actually runs fairly smoothly now.

I'm considering story progression since this save has the no more babies just move new families in to replace the ridiculous amount of elders thing going on, i'm just not sure this save will handle it since some of you said it causes lag and before those three mods that's all this game ever did.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:26 AM
i cant live without twoofmamas mods

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Scholar
#49 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:44 PM
Missy_J, whether you'd want SP depends on how long you tend to play the same family for. If you never get past like the second generation, you probably won't run into the problems with EA's story progression, so you could survive on that if you wanted. But once you get to the second or third generation or so EA's story progression tends to make your town run out of potential mates, schoolfriends, etc, because its birthrate hasn't kept up with the death rate. SP fixes that.

If your neighborhood wasn't built with it in mind, though, you might want to go through the town when you first load it and add a crib to every house so SP has someplace to move people to.

Quote:
The 1.17 introduced the Traffic Manager with the fake taxi traffic in Bridgeport, and it is this Traffic Manager which refuses to destroy vehicles when it's done with them, leaving the excess vehicles everywhere, the vehicles which the Overwatch mod or equivalent Pescadoan clean up.
Oh that. I've never had that patch level without Overwatch or AM, so I knew they both did that but never really noticed. Thanks for the info.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Missy_J, whether you'd want SP depends on how long you tend to play the same family for. If you never get past like the second generation, you probably won't run into the problems with EA's story progression, so you could survive on that if you wanted. But once you get to the second or third generation or so EA's story progression tends to make your town run out of potential mates, schoolfriends, etc, because its birthrate hasn't kept up with the death rate. SP fixes that.

If your neighborhood wasn't built with it in mind, though, you might want to go through the town when you first load it and add a crib to every house so SP has someplace to move people to.

This is the longest running game i've had on ts3, i'm somewhere around generation 4. I plan on playing this family as long as i can, until it gets ruined by EA bugs or something. I added cribs the other day but it's probably too late lol. I just don't want any more lag in this game since i've finally got it running sort of smoothly.
Page 2 of 3