Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:20 PM
Default Babies' facial structure - editable genetic?
This is probably old news :/ but I had always assumed that babies had a set facial structure, with no variation between them. This certainly seems to be the case for most babies born in game.

But at a recent alien birth, I noticed that the alien babies have different features to their non-alien counterparts. Larger eyes, flatter noses, thin lips. And as my sim had twins, I noticed that while one baby looked wholly alien, the other had oversized eyes, but the normal baby mouth and nose.

This leads me to think that it is actually possible for babies to have different face structures, because the alien facial features have a face structure which also applies to babies. I'm guessing that the reason they didn't do this for all of the face templates is the toddler mashed-up-face thing - as babies' faces are so much smaller, it would look even more horrific when babies inherited contrasting face structure genetics. But it does make me think it could be possible - if you made very subtle changes just to the shape of the different features, and no change to the position, you could get very nice effects on babies, with an inkling of what they might look like later down the line, non-caucasian babies looking less caucasian, etc.

I'm going to have a poke around in SimPE, but I haven't really dabbled with face templates much apart from to make a few up to the bodyshop stage only. So I thought I'd put it out there, in case somebody more experienced than me is interested and wants to take a look also

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...