Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#13276 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:48 PM
I discovered that I miss TS2.

I can't find the energy to sit and play anything the last week and a half. Thanks, flu.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Advertisement
Inventor
#13277 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Go to: All About Style www.all-about-style.com and here on MTS.
There are some truly awesome options out there.

You're right that this one is a treasure for elderly clothes.
I had those in my previous hood. In this one I had to decide to keep the CC to no more than 2,5GB.
But I probably can squeeze a few in and I definitely go there.
Thanks for reminding.
Lab Assistant
#13278 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:41 AM Last edited by heroesandthieves : 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:10 AM.
I'm not sure if this is because of a mod (I have so many of them, I lose track haha) or thanks to the Seasons expansion pack, but in the family I am playing right now, the Teen Sims just received a snow day! A pop-up window came up around 7:00AM, and said something along the lines of 'There has been so much snow lately that school is closed. Catch up on that homework and enjoy your day off!' If it was because of Seasons, then that's a neat little surprise. Even Teen and Child Sims need a snow day sometime. (:

Of course, it could be a mod too. Lol. Who knows.

Edit: My Teen Sims that are enrolled in Private School must be the ones that have a snow day, because the school bus is there, but there is no option at all to click on the bus and 'Go To School.' However, their siblings that are in Public School still have the option and are autonomously getting on the bus, as per usual. Interesting!
Instructor
#13279 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:49 AM
Its seasons
Top Secret Researcher
#13280 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:55 AM
I am building a science lab and was looking for that special something to make this building different than all the other I have built. I click on Architecture and started looking through there. You know how when you are looking for something, you just skim over the rest? Well, I discovered there is not only a Sim's Ventilation Small Wall Vent, but there is also, a large one. Just what my lab needed.
Test Subject
#13281 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:12 AM
That sims can woo hoo in the sauna (thanks for the wish Herb Oldie).

Holding down shift when applying wallpaper lets you do the whole room at once.
Mad Poster
#13282 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:43 PM
Arriva trains make a sound before announcements that sounds just like the baby-chime you hear when a sim is pregnant. It was very confusing when I was playing sims on the train...

also, your sims can get pregnant while you're not 'watching them'. Which sounds kinda stupid, but I've always noticed if I left my sims to 'try for a baby' while I'm attending to something else, they never seemed to get pregnant (or even downright refused to woohoo even with 100/100 relationship) so I always thought I had to stay there. But yesterday I was watching Bunsen Beaker playing outside when I suddenly hear the chime... I go upstairs and there's Circe and Loki snuggled up in bed.
....I've been watching my sims woohoo for 10 years now when it wasn't actually necessary

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#13283 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:30 PM
I discovered that when a pregnant Sim throws up, if the toilet they are going to use in under use, they won't throw up.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13284 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 10:52 PM
You must have ACR Bigsimsfan because sims cannot try for a baby on their own and it doesn't matter if you watch or not to the pregnancy chances.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13285 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You must have ACR Bigsimsfan because sims cannot try for a baby on their own and it doesn't matter if you watch or not to the pregnancy chances.

I know Circe and Loki did it due to ACR, but I mean before ACR I use to tell 2 sims to try for a baby, and then I'd wonder off elsewhere and when I come back, I find out that even 100/100 married couples rejected woohoo. So I just thought I always had to be there! Even with ACR when 2 sims decided to have a baby and they got in bed and then I wondered off they would never get pregnant.
Not a clue why that would happen, but it's been like that in every reinstallation of game so I've just always presumed I had to be there.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#13286 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 3:01 PM
I'm not into the alien abduction thing, so I never really explored the science hobby before. I just recently downloaded a working microscope to help my sims skill up in logic. So I thought why not build a Science Center. I furnished it with everything for a Science enthusiast and everything that would be used to skill up for logic. Then I went searching in my megahood for a sims with Science as their one hobby interest so they can buy the Science Center. After entering 10 houses with no success, I decided to go in to CAS as this would be the quickest way to go. So, now I have Perry Mason (Yes, I was watching Perry Mason, yesterday while playing.). As always, I had the owner skill up for the business they are going to buy. While Perry was working on his Science hobby, I discovered,

1. Watching clouds fall under nature (Easy to overlook, since fishing, gardening, and so many other things work here.) yet,
2. Star gazing falls under Science. and
3. If a sims is cloud watching in the evening and it goes into night, he is still cloud watching. And if a sims is star gazing early in the morning before dawn and it becomes daylight, he is still star gazing.

I live in the south where sometimes our rain storms fall just short of a tropical depression. During some of these storms, I have actually watched the clouds at night, so I can see this happening. But what star was he gazing at during the day? The sun?
Scholar
#13287 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
I live in the south where sometimes our rain storms fall just short of a tropical depression. During some of these storms, I have actually watched the clouds at night, so I can see this happening. But what star was he gazing at during the day? The sun?

In places with little light pollution, bright stars (and planets like Venus that can be mistaken for stars by the naked eye) sometimes remain visible during the early hours of morning.

If your Sim is still doing it at 1 pm, consider the possibility that their Logic point count is overrated.
Mad Poster
#13288 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 9:03 PM
Well, I discovered that some sims behave like silly humans...
I asked my sim to make bed, and she went straight to the kitchen..looked at me like..wait..bedroom right?
And then she turned around and went upstairs to her bedroom and performed the making bed action.
Now that felt weird...
I know that it will happen at times, when you ask a sim to interact with another sim..your sim will go towards that other sim, walk to where he/she was..even though that other sim already moved and is totally elswhere. Moment of.."where did he go?" then they get back on track and 'find" that other sim.
But this time...the kitchen was not at all the aim here! Whatchoo doing exactly? She must have had something on her mind...completely lost. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#13289 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 9:26 PM Last edited by existerande : 24th Mar 2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: More discoveries!
I discovered a quite funny thing when two of my sims got engaged, they had been drinking espresso before and during the little movie they continues to shake. Not a big revelation, but looked hilarious.

-Edit-
Discovered that reading increases social! At least for my serious and grouchy sim, I was to excited to conduct further studies. Loving this so much! I regularly try and make my sims to read books so we can share a common interest, but it is more fun with other hobbies. But this! LOVE!!
Instructor
#13290 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 9:35 PM
After a day of taking care of her newborn, my mother sim decided to go do her favorite hobby: playing the violin.
As she was playing, I was off telling her husband to make salad. Suddenly, I heard their dog howling.

Dogs like to sing along when your sims play an instrument! I thought it was one of the cutest surprises I've seen in the game.

Quote: Originally posted by VivianDarkbloom
Holding down shift when applying wallpaper lets you do the whole room at once.

Ahh! I remember when my cousin taught me this, way back when I used to play TS1. I couldn't imagine having to lay down all that paint/wallpaper tile by tile.
Inventor
#13291 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:51 PM
Thanks to playing the Newsons extensively for awhile (I usually don't do households with a lot of kids, or at least, not without a lot of adults too, whom I usually follow over kids, and I definitely don't play teens or multi-age kid households enough), I now know that

If a teen has enough playful points, they'll autonomously slide down the banner of the AL spiral staircases when their fun level is half or lower (Gavin).

That a child will actually "help" their toddler sibling figure out the block placement on the logic toy (Gallagher---guess who's getting Family as a secondary aspiration when he grows up).
Instructor
#13292 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 2:57 PM
That Armand DeBateau and Tara DeBateau are supposed to be Daddy Warbucks and Annie. I guess this makes the Newsons the kids from the orphanage.
Mad Poster
#13293 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 1:51 AM
A staircase that Sims will walk UP to take them to a lower floor cannot be constructed, even if the proportions and dimensions and whatnot are otherwise correct to build one.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#13294 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
A staircase that Sims will walk UP to take them to a lower floor cannot be constructed, even if the proportions and dimensions and whatnot are otherwise correct to build one.

How can you walk up to a lower floor anyway?
Mad Poster
#13295 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How can you walk up to a lower floor anyway?

Like this!

This isn't the lot I ran into the issue on, since I changed the part that was causing me trouble, so unfortunately I can't show you a situation where you would WANT to do this (though I'm sure you can imagine some if you try), but you can see that the proportions and everything would be right for a staircase down from the top of the hill (ground floor) to the top of the foundation below it (first floor), except the game won't allow such construction. Apparently walking UP a staircase can only take you to the same level or one higher- not one lower.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#13296 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 4:12 AM
I had that same problem when building my latest house. I got it to work, so it is possible. No idea what I did though :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#13297 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 4:59 AM
Do you have a screenshot of that, by chance? I'm curious to see how it might work...

Mad Poster
#13298 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 5:14 AM
Would it work if you removed the foundation?
Mad Poster
#13299 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 5:22 AM
Sorry Zarathustra, it appears I solved it by adding foundation to the top of the hill, which I suppose meant they were considered the same level. Your thesis about levels and not being possible is probably correct

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#13300 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Would it work if you removed the foundation?

How do you mean? Like, would it let me just build a staircase down to open ground? Yeah, that's no problem- it works as normal, just like the longer staircase in the screenshot does.

Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 532 of 619