Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 1:04 AM
Oo~

My first chance at submitting my creations

I'm getting to work...... NOW~

(Can we make stuff for TS3?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UsernameForDownloads
Oo~

My first chance at submitting my creations

I'm getting to work...... NOW~

(Can we make stuff for TS3?)

Yeah, we can make stuff for TS3
It's for both games.
Site Helper
#103 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misselaineous
I am building a lot for this challenge and I am looking for info on uploading CC downloaded from other "$ub$cription" sites as well as the EA store. I am trying to keep the CC to a minimum, but there are few things I would like to use. I haven't uploaded anything here in years, and I can't seem to find the guidelines/rules about this, so I wanted to double check. I don't want to put lots of effort into creating the lot for this challenge to find out that it will be rejected for having paid CC stuff in it, then have to change it all. Sorry if I'm pulling a Homer Simpson... I guess my old brain just isn't working properly.

They don't want you using anything from TSR and sites with similar rotation policies because what was free today may not be free tomorrow, and of course you can't use anything that isn't free content even if you know where it can be obtained for free elsewhere.

The link for the Creator Guidelines was under the Create tab at the top of the page, but I copied it for you.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ator_Guidelines

Edit: And it also auto-links!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
#104 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 7:36 PM
Hi, I asked this before... but can Modding Teams join the challenge? A friend and I (well actually Ebonova) want to make 3 careers together. Would Modding Teams be allowed to enter?
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 2:24 PM
Wouldn't the EA Store rules be the same as uploading anything Maxis created?
Test Subject
#106 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 5:52 PM
Hehe, I'm going to try this. Except it'll go wrong as I can't mesh, still, is Robin Hood medieval?

Thanks to RoseSims and Dragon slave for making the cc in my avatar :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#107 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:30 PM
Torako-Tiger-Girl, that's fine.

celticlass64, yes.

SimStars13, close enough for me.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#108 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:33 PM
Awww all the thingies people are submitting are driving me crazy! I just HAVE TO DOWNLOAD everything!! so cool! But, I'm so sad I can't enter this contest... I have so much work to do for college that I don't have any spare time for simming...
So guys, keep up the good work! And thanks to the moderators for bringing up this theme again ^^ .
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Awesome I try to take part in it.
Sorry, i`m new Can you say how much works can be did for the challenge?
And about the dates: there is three days of moderation request passes before it has been approved. What if i did my work for the challege and posted it here only at the end of the time-limit? In 16th of april for example? Will my work take part in the challenge?

Victor_tor, what HystericalParoxysm said is absolutely correct, however, as one creator to another, I'd suggest that you submit your creations as soon as possible, because if your creation is in the Moderation Queue when the challenge ends, and the Moderators return it to you with corrections needed, you'll be out of luck. Trust me, I've done that before, and it sucks raw eggs. BIG ones.

Get it done and get it in!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Test Subject
#110 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 3:49 PM
Default Names and cars
Hey. First of all: Great idea for a challenge. It would be good to bring some adversity to the game.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a mod that changes all the inhabitants names to something more medival. And then another mod that would replace all the cars with wagons? I don't know if you can alter the game as much.

Kind Regards.
Test Subject
#111 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 7:26 PM
i need more than 10Mb.
For most of my lots thay are over 10Mb. Even when i use WinRAR to compress them that still remain arround 14Mb. I have made a market for this challange but the origional file size was 52,000kb (52Mb) then when i compressed it, it remained 14Mb. Can anyone help me?? i would really appriciate andy kind of help. Thank You. :D
Scholar
#112 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 8:26 PM
@coniscool
sounds like you include custom content into your lot file.
Check this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038 to find out more about your upload lot.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 5:03 PM
Are we allowed to have more than 1 entry? Cause I have 2 things I'd like to enter.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#114 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serena_Moonstone
Are we allowed to have more than 1 entry? Cause I have 2 things I'd like to enter.

Answered by HP:
Quote:
Yup, you can submit as many items to the challenge theme as you want.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Theorist
#115 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 7:31 PM
The date is when we upload or only when it is approved?
Field Researcher
#116 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 3:09 AM
cool, I just wanted to check, Didn't want to get into trouble. I'll be uploading tonight so, hopefully it will get through the moderation que in time.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#117 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 8:33 AM
As long as your challenge entry is in the queue within the deadline, it's fine - it may take another day or so to get everything moderated (especially if there are changes needed) but that won't count against you as far as the challenge goes. It's 9:17 AM CET now - ya'll have about 15 hours to go.
Theorist
#118 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 11:35 AM
Thanks!
Instructor
#119 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 3:23 PM
No idea what CET is or what it translates into where I am, but I turned in my stuff about 6 hours ago, EST.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#120 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 4:05 PM
Hmm, is 6 hours ago EST different from 6 hours ago CET?

Central European Time, btw. And you submitted at 10am CET, so you might get lucky.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#121 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 5:22 PM Last edited by StephSim : 17th Apr 2010 at 5:37 PM.
I'm confused about this time zone thing. The little blurb under the Medieval Challenge logo already says that submissions are closed? In Pacific Time Zone it is about 9:30AM. Which means in Central European Time Zone it is 6:30 PM. I thought we had until midnight? Eek!

I just realized that it's a matter of interpretation because in actuality "midnight" is a semantic misnomer when the mind is operating under time constraints. Is it the beginning of the new day or the end of the old day?

So basically if I live in Pacific Time Zone my cut off WAS actually 3 PM on April 16th. Totally confusing.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
#122 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:39 PM
I second StephSim
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
I'm confused about this time zone thing. The little blurb under the Medieval Challenge logo already says that submissions are closed? In Pacific Time Zone it is about 9:30AM. Which means in Central European Time Zone it is 6:30 PM. I thought we had until midnight? Eek!

I just realized that it's a matter of interpretation because in actuality "midnight" is a semantic misnomer when the mind is operating under time constraints. Is it the beginning of the new day or the end of the old day?

So basically if I live in Pacific Time Zone my cut off WAS actually 3 PM on April 16th. Totally confusing.

Hehe, I got screwed over by that too, worked all night through like a maniac, only to discover the deadline was the midnight before 17th! LOL, cuz I, too, thought the day starts with morning and end with night. =P Well, at least now I can take my time polishing the stuff to perfection instead of a half-baked rush job. Which means it'll take months... *sigh*
Site Helper
#124 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:43 PM
I didn't realize elves were medieval, but apparently my first 10 downloaders were all elves!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#125 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim

Same here - I was furiously working on something that I was trying to finish in time, only to log on and see that notice, so I'm thoroughly confused!

Quote: Originally posted by MegatronsPet
Hehe, I got screwed over by that too, worked all night through like a maniac, only to discover the deadline was the midnight before 17th!

But, HP said in a post this morning, that we had 15 hours left...??
Page 5 of 7