Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#51 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You need to go to Paladin's Place and download his fixes for the BV hotel maid and bellhop. They will make the maid actually clean and not stand around blocking the bed and will get the bellhop to repair things.

Would that be on this website somewhere? Nevermind, I Googled it myself. :P

The site's full of Flashy Flashness, so I can't provide a direct link to the fixes, so you peeps will have to click on the Sims 2 button in the upper left. Then click on "Fixes". Then click on "Bon Voyage Fixes". Then click on "Jump to the NPC & NPC Fixes Page". You should now be looking right at the hotel maid's chunky blue butt. There you go.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:06 PM
That's why I didn't provide a link. Sites that only let you link to the main page are a little annoying, but Paladin's is full of goodness, so I'll forgive him. :P

One thing the hotel maid is useful for. I downloaded a DR that replaces the regular maid's uniform with the hotel maid's, so she no longer looks like she showed up for a Playboy shoot.
Inventor
#53 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:51 PM
Now, now. The male maid doesn't look like he just showed up for a Playboy (or Playgirl) shoot.

But maybe he should. Romance Sims like a sexy maid, you know? :D
Mad Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:27 PM
He doesn't? Tight pants, ruffled open shirt, sheer gloves - he doesn't look like he came to clean bathroom!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:29 PM
His uniform doesn't meet my standards of sexiness. He'd need to be wearing a banana hammock before it did. ;P
Mad Poster
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:42 PM
Then I feel sorry for you.The tank tops and jeans meet my standards of sexiness and I'm happy all the time.

The male maid outfits, however, are as silly-looking as the female maid outfit, and silly-looking isn't sexy. But it doesn't take much knowledge of fetishization and sexual coding to see that both cleaners are designed as sex objects. I'm a misanthrope and therefore resigned enough to give the designers credit for at least making both male and female sex objects instead of only female ones. But for my own game, the BV outfit default replacements are a welcome change.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:48 PM
Uhm, the hotel maid does nothing, if my sim orders food to the hotel room it just lies there, gets old and no one cleans it up.
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Uhm, the hotel maid does nothing, if my sim orders food to the hotel room it just lies there, gets old and no one cleans it up.

Room service works for me, you just need to Allow Housekeeping on your hotel door

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

Like I said, you need Paladin's fixes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The male maid outfits, however, are as silly-looking as the female maid outfit, and silly-looking isn't sexy. But it doesn't take much knowledge of fetishization and sexual coding to see that both cleaners are designed as sex objects.

Remember that KAYLYNN LANGERAK was a maid, and you know her and Daniel Pleasant in Pleasantview.
Maybe they based the outfits on that storyline?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#61 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
It's worse when that stupid maid blocks your bed so you can't use it. She's like, "Welp...I just made this bed. Time to stand here by the bed and stare at the wall for eighteen hours straight. What's that? You want to sleep in this bed? Well, tough noogies, because I just made this bed all neat and pretty and you're not messing it up for me!"

hahah, this happened to me like 1000 times! so depressing. when this occured the first time i thought i was the only one who has this problem. i couldn't figure what to do and i when i sent my sims to vacation i always let them made up the beds themselves.
what is even stranger is that the maid worked fine for the first two days, but then everything went down the drain. in my game it's like the whole hotel stopped working after three days or so. that's the main reason why i never sent my sims on vacation for more than 4/5 days - because i just couldn't cope with the whole glitches. later i decided to write a small diary of how things work. day 1: maid - okay, bellhop - ok, waiters - ok, state of hotel - ok day 2: everything ok, day 3: everything glitched!
i also remember how before i patched the game, some guest's rooms turned visible and accessible. other tourists then gathered in them and watched TV or they went to the bathroom... crazy i know!
at least i found a solution; i downloaded the paladin's bv npc fix and it works very well. the maid not only never gets stuck, but she also does the repairing and cleans everything. and after i patched my games and installed other eps most of those glitches were solved!
Mad Poster
#62 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:00 PM
Kankritty, you've got the cart before the horse, there. The French Maid who is essentially a sex worker is an old staple of a certain kind of comedy, and the Sims1 maid NPC, Brigitte, wore the costume (though she could not be interacted with). The Kaylynn storyline is a natural result of continuing the fetishwear in a game engine that allowed the maid to become a person, and it's kind of brilliant, as it sets the player up for a shock when they start exploring the person under the costume and find a nice girl who wants a family and is routinely exploited by her employers; so it sucks the player in and then delivers a kick.

Anyway, regarding vacations - patching is your friend; and so are vacation homes. The premade ones are too expensive for most households, but building your own, or plopping down empty lots and taking your sims primitive camping, is affordable and fun. Plus, the expensive vacation homes make nice money sinks for families that are richer than the player finds fun.

Test Subject
#63 Old 21st May 2015 at 6:49 PM
For three days, I think its the best
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 21st May 2015 at 7:19 PM
I choose the maximum 7 days and 6 nights so I can decide when i'm there. I rarely if ever stay that long though. My normal is probably 3-5 days.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#65 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:17 PM
I can't be bothered by the BV maids - my Sims clean up themselves, even if they are on vacation - and I like them to have longish vacations, so most of the time, they have to go camping - or to the cheapest resort available. Naturally there are a few rich sims who can afford the high priced tourist hotels too. Even they clean up after themselves, whether they like it or not. Fixes or not, I am not allowing a Sim to be stuck in his bed by a cleaning Sim again
Scholar
#66 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:35 AM
I generally set it for three days two nights,
5 hours in: walk to the local village community market
6 hours in: "this Vacation was worth every penny" after the Unsavoury Charlatan just nicked their wallet.
9 hours in: end Vacation and return Home.

I need to let my sims relax on vacation longer, their money is going down the drain so fast even without villains on vacation.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#67 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:38 AM
I don't always use the BV locations, sometimes I send them to a community lot resort. Costs nothing to get there and it's free to stay. Only thing is they need to stay for the duration in that one place so I tend to make the community resorts pretty swish, the kind of place you don't want to leave.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 3