Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:56 AM
Default Help-- I lost my Sim on vacation
I made a very dumb mistake while my Sim was on vacation, and I think I've probably lost the household forever. If there is any way to fix this, I would really, really love any help you can give me:

The short version is, I accidentally rezoned an area from hotel to residential while my sim was gone on a tour, and now I'm not sure how to get her back.

The long version is, I created a new hotel zone in one of the vacation areas by virtue of the rezoning cheat code. However, I started it as residential, so it didn't have a phone in it, and I realized I didn't have a way to get my sim (who was already in the lot) to ever leave it. So I unthinkingly zoned it back to residential to add a phone. Unfortunately, I did this while she was away on a tour, and that event was lost in the cheat rezoning, so now I don't know how to ever get her back.

Important details:
1) Even after rezoning back to hotel, I can't actually switch to play mode on the lot, since it's forgotten that she was ever there. So I can only buy/build, and can't run time on the lot itself.
2) However, everything else says that the household is still in the lot. So I can't evict her from her home in the main neighborhood until she comes back, I can't have someone invite her over to move in or marry her until she comes back.
3) When I click on her house in the main neighborhood, it takes me to this rezoned lot-- but in build mode, with play mode grayed out.
4) When I try to have someone else go on vacation, the lot is grayed out as occupied, and they can't use it (even though it's rezoned back to hotel). Furthermore, the lot literally displays with a little bed above it indicating that a family is staying there. I just can't play the family.

So any ideas for:
a) Fixing this in some way I haven't thought of?
b) Evicting her household from the hotel-zoned vacation lot?
c) Force setting the household's data as returned from vacation? (I don't mind going into game files to do this, I just don't know how.)
d) Forcing the lot to run play mode?

Again, I realize this was an incredibly foolish thing to do. If you have any advice for making my beloved household not lost forever, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:27 AM
Why can't you have someone invite her over? Have you tried using mods to teleport her to a different household, and then move her in? Simblender lets you do both teleporting and moving in (no need to marry or any such things).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:51 AM
You never change a lots zoning while sims are on the lot.

Like gummilut I would try using a teleporter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 11:44 AM
Can you bulldoze the hotel lot? Maybe it would force her home.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You never change a lots zoning while sims are on the lot.

Like gummilut I would try using a teleporter.

Yeah, then bulldoze the lot. That's likely to be sticky forever.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:37 PM
And if those things don't work - restore from backup.

This sort of thing is exactly why I make so many backups.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:42 PM
One thing I learned from my mistakes (again) ... messing around with anything involving vacation hoods is dangerous.

Once, in a moment of epic stupidity, I quit the game while the Sim was still on vacation. Don't do that. Just don't. I had all sorts of weird crap happen when I went back into the hood. Luckily, I had a backup, so I lost only a few days of gameplay. Better than having to trash the hood because of corruption.

I'd try summoning the Sims first, then try moving them into a household via the Sim Blender, as others indicated here. They can move out later. Back up your game first, just in case of crashes, or in case you have to try a Plan B. I'd work on trying to get the Sims back first, then work on removing the lot.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:02 PM
I've quit the game while sims were on vacation lots of times. Have to, with my habits. Just make sure everybody's safe in a residential or hotel lot, save, and quit normally. You can go back to the regular neighborhood and play a different household, or a different family on vacation. All that matters is that you save properly.

I don't know what went wrong there, but it wasn't just quitting while on vacation.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:16 PM
I second Peni, there's not supposed to be drama about quitting while Sims are on vacation. I do it all the time, and it's never caused problems. You must have done something else, aside from that.

Also, I agree with gazania. Back up, try to get your Sim back, then delete lot.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:26 AM
In my case, my Sim was on a vacation hotel lot, I quit out (don't believe I saved) because something I really didn't want to happen was about to happen. I then went to the Sim's house, rather than the the vacation lot, thinking (erroneously, I presume!) that the hotel was similar to a community lot if you quit without saving (which I try not to do unless it's a dire necessity to continue playing the game). This was in my early days of BV, when I finally picked the game up last year.

When I went to the residential lot after the vacation snafu, a whole group of Sims was walking in front of the house (not just one), and one of them, a driver (who is unplayable, usually confined to the car, and not supposed to say so much as "boo" to you) walked by and waved to my Sim. Just ...weird, and I'm pretty darn sure that wasn't supposed to happen!

I haven't the foggiest what caused the problem; whether it was because I quit without saving or went directly to the residential lot. All I know is that from now on, I'm careful when my Sims go on vacation. And again ... still another reason why you need to back up at intervals.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 4:18 AM
You should not be able to go to the residential lot at all. If a Sim is on vacation and you try to enter their home lot, a pop up window should appear telling you that they are on vacation and that you must go there and load them from their vacation destination. So something was definitely borky.