Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Freetime bodyshop content not showing up...
Operating system: Windows XP home
Processor: Intel Pentium 4
RAM:1 GB
Graphics card: ATI Radeon X1300, 256 mb

Okay, so I've had trouble with Freetime since installing it. My game was crashing, etc., so I uninstalled/ reinstalled it. After the reinstall, everything seemed fine for a couple of days, but when I loaded the game today all of the new Freetime clothes and hair were gone as if I didn't have the expansion pack. They were there last night when I played and all sims wearing anything from this expansion are now wearing something else. All of the objects that came w/ Freetime are still there. I've read about people having problems with objects disappearing but I don't think I've seen this problem before. I tried taking out my downloads folder, but that didn't fix the problem. What else can I do?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 7:24 AM
Default Bodyshop and Freetime
I'm having a problem too. Before I installed Freetime, I uninstalled the base game, every EP, and every stuff pack. Then I installed everything, in order.

Previously, I had way too much CC. So I decided to start fresh. As in zero custom content.

I logged in to Bodyshop (the one that came with Freetime), and noticed the skin for all the sims in the thumbnails was almost albino white. And things are missing. Like glasses and accessories. Zip. Nada.

It sounds like our problems are similar. Perhaps someone has a suggestion for a fix?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 9:41 AM
Wow, I think your problem might be even more serious than mine, but the problems do sound similar. At first I thought it was only Freetime clothes and hair that were missing from bodyshop and CAS, but now it looks like the stuff that came w/ Bon Voyage is also missing. Like I said before, all of the objects and interactions from the expansion packs are working, so I know it did not uninstall itself or something.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:54 PM
You both may have corrupted objects.packages. So I recommend going through this faq, copy the file from the FreeTime disks and please let us know if you have any questions and how it goes. http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Objects.package

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 10:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestion julianarosalia, but I tried it and it didn't fix the problem. It's so weird...but I can live without Maxis clothes and hair if it can't be fixed.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 11:43 PM
If replacing the objects.package doesn't work, you can always reinstall. Actually, that's probably the best thing to do since other game files might be borked. Better to be safe and take the time to back up your game and reinstall than have it asplode worse than missing objects.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:06 PM
Default Missing Maxis Items
I've discovered that although items are missing in bodyshop (like glasses and jewelry), it shows up in CAS. So I create Sims in bodyshop and accessorize them in CAS.

Another strange anomaly:
I put a MAXIS furnished house on a lot. I moved in a Sim. The trim on Maxis's "luxury" bed is blinking blue. I feel a patch coming...
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:48 AM
Are you talking about the bed from Glamour? That's been broken since it's release and has never been fixed. If you use the design tool and click on it, it stops blinking.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.