Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 2:40 AM
Default Big TROUBLE w/my Hotels
After running just fine for several weeks, my game now crashes whenever I try to send my sims on vacation at any of the hotels. They can vacation in their own vacation home, just not at the hotels.
I have all of the expasion packs plus Family Fun, Glamour Life, and Celebration Stuff. My system is a Acer with an ADM 4400 dual-core processor, @GB of memory & 4GB of virtual memory.
HELP!!!!!
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 2:49 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.
*Please do the FAQ. Have you downloaded anything lately that could be doing this? It cannot be lot related, because -all- vacation lots are crashing. Follow the FAQ and let us know what you did and what the outcome is. :)

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 2:56 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki

Please also follow the guide to post your system specs properly. The specs you post are both incorrect and incomplete. You don't have a ADM processor with @GB of ram. I think you meant AMD with 2gb? Also need to know your graphics card and more about your processor. Following the guide will give us the information we need.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 2:54 AM
Well, I did go thru and remove content that was added around the time I believe the problem presented itself. I also sifted thru my downloads folder both manually and w/Delphy & Sim Clean Installer. Sadly, the problem persists.
shiny!
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:03 AM
Okay, now try going through the FAQ like Canoodle requested Do them exactly in order step by step. Once you've done that post back and tell us if anything changed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:13 AM
Sorry, a little to quick on the shift button! I did mean 2GB. Here's the rest of the system info:
==System==

Operating System: Vista Home Premium 6.0
Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4400+~2.3GHz
Memory: 2GB
Page File:1104MB
DirectX Version: 10
Dell Model Number: Not a Dell
==Display==

Name:
Manufacturer: ATI Radeon X1250
Chip Type: ATI Radeon X1200 Series (0x791E)
Approx. Total Memory: 895MB
Main Driver: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.dat,atitmmxx.
Version: 7.14.00.10.0523 english
==Sound==

Name: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01VEN_10ECDEV_0888SUBSYS_1
shiny!
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:01 AM
Well technically your computer doesn't meet minimum requirements to play the game but it's -really- close and I've seen worse have less issues.

It wouldn't hurt to update your drivers: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_c...egrated-vista32

Let us know when you go through the FAQ, then we'll see where we're at.