Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:13 AM
Totally true Emmett Brown, I read that the first basic idea of the Sims was to build homes; they only added the sims to actually test the house's layout. I also read that Will Wright had that build a home idea after loosing his own home in a fire, don't know if it's true but without that accidental fire our sims wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be here!

Igazor that's hilarious! The Sims 5: Back To The Roots. No sims, and more chairs in expensive DLCs for LGR. First expansion will be 'Chairs, Cushions and Silk:'
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 7:28 PM
And that irritating little arrow that keeps poking everything will be gone.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
"Gnomes and Chairs 5," that'll make LGR happy.

The TS5, I mean G&C5, community will be firmly divided into two camps. Those who never liked or wanted sims in the first place, all they ever do is get stuck, stand in the way, cause lag. The game runs much more smoothly without them, especially on lower powered machines. Then there will be those who refuse to play until some sims are patched in and will constantly threaten to hold their breath until they turn blue or get their way.

But FeaturedItems will still work regardless, in case anyone was worried. Should be fun to watch (from a safe distance).

"Never liked sims in the first place" Man, this is painfully clever.

But really, having toddlers was never "the" problem with TS4. Their absence was only the most obvious and transparent manifestation of how the whole game was flawed in its foundation.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 2:57 AM
Toddlers in Sims 4 only gets me excited for the inevitable conversions of all the new toddler objects and clothes we'll get for Sims 3. So thanks EA developers, for the new cc!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:37 PM
Honestly, while I'm excited, I find the update extremely underwhelming. Yes, toddlers are cute in Sims 4, but I always found Sims 2 toddlers to be the winners. The voice for 2 toddlers was adorable, the animations were precious and far more heartwarming, and I could actually see real life toddlers acting that way. Sims 3 toddlers were the exact same, just more obnoxiously loud and a lot dumber than their original counterparts, but they had cute things, too, on occasion.

4's toddlers are... decent, a little cute, but overall meh. The voice for them can get more annoying real fast, the content for them and their animations look extracted from Freeplay, and they don't really...LOOK like toddlers, they look more like very young children like ages 4-6, not 1 1/2-3 years old like the previous games. I know, I know, graphics are the last thing to complain about, and age appearance, if you remember that teens are the exact same in appearance as adults. But it really bugs me. If I play with a sims toddler, I want one to look 1-3, not 6 years old. Maybe I'm complaining because Sims 4 is my least favourite in the series (but I really get into it once I feel like playing), and I'm an overall negative person, but I don't care for the toddlers that much. I don't HATE the patched toddlers, like I said, they're cute in their own way (they remind me of how the Chipmunks looked in their 80s cartoon for some reason), but overall the experience so far is just...Meh.

As others have said here (and the billions of threads around the web ranging from decent to "OMG GIVE US TODDLERS NOW OR WE.KEEL YOU!!!!!!!!11ONE!!!" on other forums) , they should have been a feature from the start, if only EAxis would not have rushed to get it out for the holiday season, and had they not focused 99% on CAS, B&B mode, and OMG GUYZ, EMOTIONS!!!!!1 1 ONE!!!. Count me impressed with EA when they patch far better things like weather or pets.
Page 2 of 2