Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 12:05 AM Last edited by jewaukeela : 19th Nov 2009 at 2:41 PM.
Default Next Top Model

So, you think you have what it takes to be the Next Top Model? Let me tell you, you don’t. This is a contest to see who out of the likes of you is able enough to survive this contest. Not win, survive. Don’t get too excited – this is going to be a hard contest. However, if you have the will, you’ll find a way. Now, down to the nitty-gritty.

Who Am I?
My name is Rosmalia Parks, and I am the face of magazines and TV shows across the country. No doubt you have heard of me. Everyone who’s anyone and many people who are no one have heard of me, or perhaps you’ve even seen me. I doubt it though. Only the heads of major modeling companies have had the privilege of meeting me in person. None of you even come close to being important enough to meet me. However, the ones that are left by Round Four will rank high enough to meet me.

Basic Rules
There are these so-called "modeling hacks" that models often use to perform better. These "modeling hacks" are recommended, but not required. It is, however, requested that you do not photoshop your own photographs unless directed to do so. That is mine and the magazine editor's job. You must be 18+ to become the Next Top Model, and you must be a woman! Unlike in previous contests, all sizes of women are accepted. This includes non-standard sizes (downloaded). It is accepted, should you wish to compete, to be pregnant or to be a mother, but be aware that if you survive this contest, it will take up almost all of your time. I assume you are aware that you must be human, but one never knows. Models with previous experience (in contests before, used to display CC, etc.) are happily accepted.
NOTE: Models must be your own work!

Eliminations
All contestants will be able to compete in every round, because there will be no eliminations. However, if you miss a round then you will be eliminated unless you tell me 48 hours before the round closes.

Timeline
Apps: October 19th - October 26th
Round I: October 24th - October 27th
Round II: October 28th - November 5th
Round II: November 5th - November 20th

Judging
I am a busy woman, and I do not have time to wait around for judges to make decisions. I myself am the first judge, but I will not be judging every round. There is some silly rule that states that there must be three judges in every round of a contest here, so I need three reliable judges to take those three places. They, plus myself, make up the General Panel. Each round, you will be judged differently. Always the maximum amount of points to be earned will be 50, but the criteria for judging may change each round. The criteria for the judging of that round will be announced along with the topic for that round.

Round 1 Scores

1. RingzTerritory | App | One | Two | Three
2. SolidGoldFunk84 | App | One | Two | Three
3. singing_Noel | App | One | Two | Three
4. Freelala | App | One | Two | Three
5. Mowzie | App | One | Two | Three
6. Happyasabunny | App | One | Two
7. Deatherella | App | One | Two | Three
8. DollyRot | App | One | Two
9. beki.cookie | App | One | Two
10. TRIriana | App | One | Two
11. Aba23 | App | One | Two | Three
12. Madsaffs | App | One | Two | Three

Drop-outs:
Waushir1 | App
KrisD | App
noteardrops | App
wgroome | App | One
Peacplyr3 | App | One
RobertxHilton | App | One

General Panel:
1. Myself
2. wndy26
3. kopple36
4. LucyCat

Emergency Panel:
1. MissRoxor
2. Waushir1

:lovestrucWe have these lovely prizes available as compainions for the winners of the contest::lovestruc
Meet Trace, made for us by the lovely Noogie666, creator of sim studs.

Here's Leon, whom I made myself. Looks pretty good, doesn't he?

Here we have Nate, an intellectual type.

more to come!

For your resume, we need to see who you are. Get that lazy body into motion! We need a head shot and a full body shot (swimsuit or underwear) as well as a photo of you in motion. This can be you swimming, running, biking, exercising, climbing... Anything to show us you don't stay in one place! We’ll also be needing a full name, a 4-5-sentence bio, whether or not you have previous model experience and 1-2 sentences about why you want to be the Next Top Model. Also, please give us your marital status (single/dating/engaged/married/separated/divorced/widowed) and whether or not you have children or one on the way. The scoring system is as follows: (keep in mind you are only competing against yourself/other entries of yours for the resume/app round)
Outer Beauty /15
Creativity /12
Inner Beauty /10
Originality /8
Is she going places? /5
NOTE: Comments with a minimum of one are required.

Have fun, girls! And don't forget to FOLLOW THE RULES!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 12:06 AM Last edited by boolPropped : 31st Oct 2009 at 11:11 PM.
Contest Approved
Begins 10.19.09
Ends 11.22.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 12:58 AM
Checking in!

Apparently I need to choose either Sims 2 or Sims 3 for the contest. If you are interested, could you please reply with which one you want? I will decided within a day which one it is, and then I will post the timeline and prizes.
Sim Princess in Pink
#4 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 1:19 AM
This looks like a good contest . If I were to enter it would have to be Sims 3 because I no longer have the Sims 2

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 1:55 AM
Sims 2; can't you have it both like in other contests?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 2:06 AM
Contests must be either Sims 2 or Sims 3, no more combos anymore

The other one
#7 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
Contests must be either Sims 2 or Sims 3, no more combos anymore

Argh, pish posh!! Can I ask what the reasoning is? Seems to me that there isn't enough people wanting to do just one or the other but combining the two where possible means there's better chance of contests getting enough applicants. No?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 3:25 AM
I agree, having it for sims 2 and sims 3 will let me get enough apps to have eliminations, right?
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 4:55 AM
jewaukeela, I would enter but I am not good with modeling contests....so if you need a judge, I'd be happy to judge. I am currently EJ'ing on Sisaly's contest and I have participated in 3 or 4 contests in the past, plus I am hosting one now.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 6:42 AM
Well, if it hasn't been decided, Sims 2. There are just so many more options.
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Can I ask what the reasoning is?
The advantages of Sims 3 (CAS sliders, custom Maxis clothes, endless decor options, etc) doesn't make for a fair competition between TS2 contestants and TS3 contestants... not to mention the content and gameplay of each version is so different that entries just wouldn't be compatible with each other.

Scholar
#12 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 7:58 AM
jewaukeela, send me a message when you decide. I hope it's Sims 2, but if you go with 3, I'll try and pretend I know what I'm doing on my kid's pc while he's at school and try to come up with something. I just prefer using what I know, not guessing and making a mess of my entries.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 10:39 AM
I would definitely enter if it is just Sims 2. *crosses fingers*
#14 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 12:19 PM
I want to enter, but I notice in alot of these contest sometimes they have rounds where they need to photoshop the sims into different backgrounds which I can't do =( I suck at photoshop lol..

I guess I will go as far as I can and hope there are no rounds like that ^^;

edit/

Actually I will edit after it's decided whether this is for the sims 2 or sims 3 n.n
Sim Princess in Pink
#15 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
The advantages of Sims 3 (CAS sliders, custom Maxis clothes, endless decor options, etc) doesn't make for a fair competition between TS2 contestants and TS3 contestants... not to mention the content and gameplay of each version is so different that entries just wouldn't be compatible with each other.

Not just that really, but I was thinking I wouldn't wanna go up against The Sims 2 contestants because they have modelling hack boxes to play with lol :P

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 3:44 PM
I'll join if it's Sims 2!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 12:03 AM Last edited by jewaukeela : 21st Oct 2009 at 12:27 AM.
Okay, it's decided then. Sims 2 it is. :D

Sorry if you only have Sims 3. You can still be an honorary member or a judge/EJ if you'd like, so you have an excuse to lurk. :D

EDIT: There will be no or very minimal photoshopping, don't worry. At most, it's not going to require more than what the most basic painting apps can do - maybe copy and paste a pic of your sim and the cover of a magazine that I provide together? I'll have to see.
#18 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 3:20 AM Last edited by RingzTerritory : 22nd Oct 2009 at 7:55 PM.
Headshot

Bodyshot

Name: Arwyn Phoenix
Martial Status: Dating, No Kids.

Why do you want to be the Next Top Model?

I think the modeling scene could use a more diverse role model, with my mixed heritage I feel I can bring something new and relatable to the modeling scene appearance wise. Something girls from all backgrounds can look at and see themselves in. I want to be that model for multiracial girls such as myself. I want girls to see me and know that they don't have to be that cardboard cut out image to be beautiful.

Bio:
I was born in Brazil, to a Welsh/Brazilian father and Ethiopian mother. My parents died when I was still a child, I don't remember very much, however I do have a painting of my earlier years that my father painted. My name Arwyn. is Welsh for "Muse". Grandmother says I was his muse for his art, being his only daughter.
I didn't grow up rich with material items, but I dream big and have always dreamed of being a doctor. Here I am today, medical chief of staff of Mayhen Hospital.

I have little modeling experience, my primary focus was always my career and school. But I am finding it to be a positive experience so far, I enjoy studying fashion. I've always taken to the more educational side of anything, so posing infront of the camera is a new experience to me.

I hope to use modeling to spread my message of self love and maybe start some projects geared towards young girls and their self esteem, I have struggled with my self image for years and want to help other girls overcome their self esteem or self hate issues.

Yoga and Buddhism are sister traditions. As a Theravada Buddhist yoga is a big part of my lifestyle. I teach yoga classes weekly.

I changed the pictures ^^ to ones I just liked better,, hope its okay ^_^;
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 8:33 AM
Hey there!

I don't play Sims 2 anymore but I'd be happy to be a judge if you want me.
Scholar
#20 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 9:26 AM
Can our resume pictures have white backgrounds?
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 12:07 PM
wndy26 and kopple36 - judges you are! Thanks a bunch!
DollyRot - yes, your first two pictures may have solid backgrounds (head shot/full body shot) but your last picture (in motion) may not
RingzTerritory - wow! way to set the contest in motion! great first entry.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 12:37 PM Last edited by SolidGoldFunk84 : 21st Oct 2009 at 2:10 PM.
Default Resume: Yoshi Carvalle
If you need me to change any of my shots please let me know. I was so ready to post my resume... :D

Head Shot

Name: Yoshi Carvalle
Marital Status:Single with no kids!
Why do I want to be the Next Top Model?
I want to be the next top model because all my life I've wanted to be a model and I figured, I wasn't pretty enough or good enough. Here I am at an age which is considered to be old for a model and I have decided to pursue my dream. I want everyone to know that it's never too late to go after life... your life!

Mini Bio:
Well, you know that my name is Yoshi and I'm 32 years old. I was born on April 29th in Harlem Hospital. My father was in the military for 22 years so I've lived in Germany, almost every state and Alaska. I am currently back in New York City and I live on Burnside Avenue in the Bronx. Before I decided to try this modeling thing, I was a graphics designer for an advertising company based in New York. I have no real modeling experience but I love it with a passion! Aside from modeling and graphics, I love to dance, braid hair and sew.

Body Shot

Body in Motion: Practicing a New Dance Routine

Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 3:39 PM
Wow, Solid! Great entry! Adding you now...

EDIT: Yay, 2 entries! Going strong...
Scholar
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 12:21 AM
I better get to work. I spent last night trying to find missing pics and files in my Sims 2 stash file. Nothing like trying to straighten out a mess that's been piling up for over a year.

Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 12:42 AM
I would like to join but it may take some time for me to get ready. The computer I play the sims on can not go online anymore. I hope I can participate though.

Page 1 of 19