Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 3:14 PM
Default Long delays when changing clothes/going into shower/going into bed/starting exercise/etc
Hello.

I've installed the whole content store on my TS3 with all EPs and SPs, as well as Avian's Graphics Fix for 1.67 and optimized all of my packages with CCMagic - although besides the store content I'm only using a skin and eye mod, alongside Errortrap, Overwatch and Awesomemod being unmerged and used as is.

The problem I have is that I've got really annoying delays whenever my sim is about to perform an action where he has to change his clothes, with the said outfit obviously being loaded into the game as he just stands there idly, wasting up to over an hour on max speed, or forcing me to watch him on normal speed, in turn wasting my time for actions such as taking a shower or hopping into bed.

I'm running the 4GB unlocker, optimized the game as well as I could using the guide on Nraas, capped the game with adaptive v-sync through the Nvidia panel etc. From what I've read, the game uses simCompositorcache.package to quickly load outfits into the game, yet all of the cache packages that are generated in "The Sims 3" documents folder turn out weighing only 1KB - possibly indicating nothing's being generated there for... some reason.

My PC consists of an i7-4820k, 32 GBs of RAM and a 980 GTX Ti, so it's certainly nothing on the hardware side, just possibly me screwing myself over through trying to make the game run as best as possible - and it kinda worked, considering I got a stable 60FPS on Midnight Hollow with not a single lagspike or the game freezing in place for a few seconds (which happened a lot when I played it a few years ago), yet this single clothing thing is driving me insane.

Anybody ever dealt with something similar or have some idea how to solve it? ;~;
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 4:48 PM
Afraid I can't give you a definitive answer here as I have no experience with Avian's fix and very little with CC Magic. But we can rule a couple of things out.

There is no 4 GB unlocker necessary for TS3. The game has been Large Address Aware (LAA) since Patch 1.18 and will reach for up to 4 GB of RAM all by itself when it's needed. If a game is running with under 2 GB of RAM usage still, it means it just isn't demanding more than that yet (except on Macs, but that's another problem altogether).

Different worlds cache differently. The ones that kick up those tiny 1K cache files are providing pointers to wherever the real caching actually is. Deleting the 1K pointers before startup accomplishes the same thing as deleting the larger cache files that other worlds produce.

As said that's not much help really, but hopefully others here will have more suggestions.

ETA: Yep, and there he is about five seconds behind me.