Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 8:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default No Custom Content Appearing in Super CAW Metadata - Version 1.69
So... I'm going crazy trying to find a solution to this issue. I apologize in advance if this has already been posted/resolved before, please feel free to post the links to any threads that may have answers.

I just re-installed TS3 and CAW / Super CAW after performing a factory reset on my PC. Now, for some reason, Super CAW cannot find any custom content in the Metadata tab, neither store nor third-party content. It can still find base game / expansion pack / stuff pack content in metadata, so I know that the function is working properly otherwise. It's also unable to detect .package files I've downloaded specifically for CAW, even though those worked fine in the past and they're placed in the Documents > Create a World > Packages folder.

Here's some info about my game and some things I've tried to resolve the issue:

• Currently running TS3 / CAW / Super CAW patch version 1.69. I was also running 1.69 before the reset.
  • My Resource.cfg file in Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > Create a World has been edited to detect custom content, per the instructions in this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/481967
  • I've ensured all custom content is appearing in game.
  • I've re-installed TS3, custom content, then CAW (in that order).
  • I tried using CAW / Super CAW version 1.67.
  • I left all content in DCBackup after re-install (I usually delete everything except CCMerged.package) and tested CAW, no success.
  • Installed all CC through the Launcher, not CCMagic.

The only thing I haven't tried is using S3PE to edit the files, but honestly, I'm not good with S3PE and I've never had to do that in the past, so I would like to avoid using it if possible. If anyone has a solution or suggestions to fix this issue, please let me know, I greatly appreciate it!!! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 8:49 AM
Hello kuroirei, I am not good with those technical issues either, but you need also a package folder in your caw folder. But not where your saves are, but where a Jazz-folder (for example) is - sorry to say it that complicated I think it's there where you said the CAW program where to install. And you have to generate the package folder like the one in your sims 3 folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
Hello kuroirei, I am not good with those technical issues either, but you need also a package folder in your caw folder. But not where your saves are, but where a Jazz-folder (for example) is - sorry to say it that complicated I think it's there where you said the CAW program where to install. And you have to generate the package folder like the one in your sims 3 folder.

Awesome, so this allowed me to recover the CAW CC specifically, like a few custom walls I had downloaded.

Unfortunately, I'm still missing my store content and third-party CC, though. Still searching through the forums for a solution.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 2nd May 2019 at 9:43 AM
I don't have 1.69, but I have understood that CAW doesn't work with that version. You need to roll back to 1.67. Something to do with the forced Origin on 1.69.

@kuroirei
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 6:27 PM
Hello Simmers! Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I finally resolved the problem and wanted to post an update. I spent a long time trying to find other solutions to this problem and, yes, Volvenom is correct about rolling back to version 1.67. My PC does not have an optical drive, so I wanted to make sure there were ABSOLUTELY no other options before I bought an external optical drive and switched from digital to disk. After 8 months of off/on troubleshooting and several hours of research and testing, this seems to be the only way to fix any custom content related issues with Create-a-World. If anyone out there finds a fix for Custom Content issues in CAW for TS3 version 1.69, please let me know here and I'll be happy to test it on my end.