Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 7:57 AM
This is coming along so well!!!!! Cannot wait to see more. I am so glad you went ahead and did this.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th May 2019 at 6:02 PM
Default *may 15 Small Update*
Hi everyone! I wanted to make a small update to show some new progress that I've made in my Halloween World!

1. I have exported and tested the world once in my game and fixed a few routing issues. The island routes fine but I discovered for whatever reason that the Lollipop Playground Park was getting Sims stuck once they entered it. I removed the outer fence and it fixed it just fine. So I am leaving the park without a fence to make getting in and out easier. Other than that the routing seems to work fine with my test Sims as well as any NPCs and animals that spawn into the world. I will be looking for testers in the future to help me confirm if anything still needs to be worked out.

2. I have brought the number of residential lots of the island up from 7 to 12 total and I think that's where it will stay. I have expanded parts of the island to include two of my last major haunted themed houses from my gallery that I wanted in the world, those being Caroline Manor and The House On The Hill. I also have added two EA made homes that I refurbished to fit the theme of the island. One is the "Ginger" Home from the base game housing library, and the other is a starter home from Moonlight Falls meaning there are now two starters in the world. Lastly, I decided to turn the one house into a candy corn themed house for fun! I think it came out adorable ^^

3. Recolors are in the works now! Big shout out to @sirrena here on MTS for helping create them. Will be posting a new update at a later date with images of them when we finish some of them.

4. I have added some fun pumpkin tile courtyards to both the school and the theater. Let me know what you think of them And lastly, I have turned the church lot into the town graveyard and tested to make sure weddings still work there and they do!

Any comments, concerns, and thoughts in general are highly appreciated so I can work to make this world the best it can be! Thanks everyone!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th May 2019 at 7:42 AM
It looks fabulous! The pumpkins at the theater...……… perfect! Great news about more residences. This is looking so good!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#29 Old 17th May 2019 at 11:22 PM
Everything I see looks good.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 18th May 2019 at 9:23 PM
This is so cute, I love the purplish hues and the orange. Perfect to role play Bedknobs and broomsticks, or Halloweentown.
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 10:55 PM Last edited by pancake101 : 5th Jul 2019 at 3:53 PM.
JULY 4th update!

Hello everyone! Apologies for the delay in updates! I am still working hard on this project but had to take a break for work and other busy reasons 😅 I wanted to share some quick images of one of the recolored rabbit holes and objects that have been completed for the world so far to give you all an idea of how things look! The first is the new Halloween themed hospital complete with pumpkins in the windows and all kinds of creepy details, and the other is the town diner now with a newly colored and detailed diner sign with spooky decals! I still have a lot left to do and would like to know if there is anyone out there who would maybe be interested in helping with more of the rabbit hole recoloring as I am not able to do that myself There are about four more rabbit holes and some neighborhood items that I am hoping to recolor and design and anyone who could help would be massively appreciated! You would be fully credited when the world is released! Anyway! Still alive and hope you all enjoy what’s new!
Screenshots
Instructor
#32 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 11:40 PM
The recolours go perfectly with the rest of your world. Great job! I like the skeleton decorations

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:48 PM
Wow! This looks amazing, it's so original!
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KahlanRyan
Wow! This looks amazing, it's so original!

Thank you! It’s a rather small world but one that should still offer up plenty to do for sims ^^
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 4:20 PM
Default July 24 Quick Update
Hi Guys! Just wanted to do a quick share of some quick stuff going on in the Halloween World!
- Big thanks to Norn for helping me with some of the recolors of the rabbit hole buildings and giving me tips so I can start figuring out how to do it myself. I'm slowly getting the hang of it XD
- I've added in an "invisible sidewalk" system into the world so that Sims now can follow the "roads" and not route all over the place trying to get places. Really has helped the world's performance.
- Got some pictures of three more recolored buildings so far. Haven't finished the far away textures yet for some but the basics are in place for these buildings.
1) The Slop N Shop Gross-ery Store - The only thing missing are the replacement window posters advertising all the spooky items inside such as Eye of Newt, Dead or Alive Roaches, and their new Salted Tarantulas
2) The Crypt Keepers Court - Just needs far away textures
3) The Silver Scream Cinema - Interestingly enough, I actually didn't think this one needed a lot of recoloring. I honestly like the style and look of the building as it is. I did however give it a new spider web marquee as well as some spiders crawling around the theater sign, the interior curtains have been shredded with creepy eyes staring out from inside, and lastly, I switched up the theater posters out front to the good old classic monster movie Frankenstein. The big billboard on the back will also be replaced with a custom Halloween one! Like I said, this building has the least recoloring but if you think it could use more let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by and as always any feedback or comments is widely appreciated!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 8:44 PM
Dear pancake, this. Is. So. Cool.
I love it <3 my post is probably not really helpful xD i don't have any complaints or other ideas, because all the recoloring looks really really world-matching (is this a word?!) !
How many hours/days a week do you work on that world?
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
Dear pancake, this. Is. So. Cool.
I love it <3 my post is probably not really helpful xD i don't have any complaints or other ideas, because all the recoloring looks really really world-matching (is this a word?!) !
How many hours/days a week do you work on that world?

Well I’m determined to get this thing released on Halloween so I spend a good chunk of my time (mostly at night xD) working around in it. I’m pretty close to being about done actually in fact! A few more recolors and the custom moon!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 8:38 AM
Looks great!!!!!! The recolors make the RH fit in so much better. Love all of it.
Staff - Moderator
#39 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 8:35 PM
These recolors look good.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 11:40 PM Last edited by pancake101 : 30th Jul 2019 at 10:32 PM.
Default Final Rabbit Hole Recolors
Hey guys! Figured I'd pop in and share some pics of the final rabbit hole recolors in my Halloween Town! Would love to hear any feedback!

1) The Vault of Antiquities: Themed to match the Crypt Keeper's Court as it sits in the back courtyard of the building.
2) The Lollipop Park Arboretum: Themed with a spooky candy themed design featuring lollipops and candy corn and a creepy ghost print around the building.
3) Paranormal Prep School: The biggest building in the town, I chose to color it with nice yellow moldy bricks, blue and dark purple accents, and lots of fun details such as slime dripping pumpkins, shattered windows, and evil eyes staring out through the busted surfaces in the building!

I've also created some custom details for the world such as spooky jack o' lantern trees and a Halloween banner in the town square. I also have pics of the new grocery store posters!

Let me know what you guys think Would love any feedback or suggestions!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 3:34 PM
Well done! The school looks great, I love those red eyes in the windows!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 9:29 AM
Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 4:59 AM
Default August 8 Detail Update!
Hi everyone! I'm finally coming down to the wire with my Halloween world project and am now working to spice up the neighborhood with some fun custom details! Below are some of the new details I have created specifically for this world that help give it more spooky flair!
We have:
1: Subtle Halloween decorations placed on structures such as the graveyard Mausoleum (spider webs, ghost pumpkins, ghostly hand prints, etc. You will probably see these green hand prints many places around the world, and this is in fact a nod to a spooky story about the island's past. Specifically, a tormented victim's ghost who wanders the island and leaves his hand marks wherever he goes).
2: I created a super fun jack o' lantern tree that appears around town based on a Lemax Halloween Town accessory.
3: For the fairground/ fun house, I created some spooky polka dot crates to sit out front crawling with spiders.
4: A nice Halloween banner that hangs above the town's main street wishing everyone a Happy Halloween.
5: And just to throw in a little Easter egg, You may find a sinister red haired clown hiding in the sewers on the street

Let me know what you all think of these little accents I've created. They are all simple recolors of the various neighborhood items I used and come with the world itself so I am still technically not using any CC or store content in the world! And if anyone has any other ideas for things I could/should add, please let me know!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#44 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 8:42 AM
LOVE IT!!!!!! I really have got to get my act together and get 3 installed on this PC so I can play this at release.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#45 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 10:11 AM
The world is looking great! Can't wait to play it when it comes out
Staff - Moderator
#46 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 5:20 PM
These additions all look very nice. You and the people working on this have done a superb job from what I have seen.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 8:01 PM
This is really creative. Especially how you've recolored the rabbitholes. Outstanding!!!! Looks spooky!!
Page 2 of 2