Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
The game doesn't finish loading I'm losing hope
Hi everyone,
Since 2 days ago, I can't play the sims 3 anymore, I can start the launcher just fine and go through the first loading screen but when the second loading bar is about to get full and I think I can finaly play, it crashes on me and windows give the "The sims 3 doesn't respond; close program or search for a solution and close program" message thing but it's pointless.
I tried eveything in The Sims 3 Game problem and The Sims 3 crashing Checklist except reinstalling which why I'm making this thread, to see if any one has a solution to this or is it hopeless.
Extra Infos that may help:
The last time I played the sims, it was 2/3 days ago, after I finished playing I click on "save" to save it before quitting (because when I try to save and quit at the same time it takes so long sometimes it never ends and I resort to the task manager), so while it was saving, I went to sleep because it was late and I didn't have the patience to wait for a few more minutes, I left my pc on. The next day, I came back, It saved and I decided to keep playing but it was so slow and it kept freezing every now and then and that's when I decide to quit the game and restart again and that's also the last time I was able to play. I thought it has something to do with the game I last saved and decide to play with one of the two other households/games but it didn't load either, I thought I somehow damaged my graphic card for leaving the game on for so long but I can play the sims 4 just fine, it only happens to me with the sims 3.
I've tried everything in the sims 3 section help here and this thread is my last hope, has this ever happened to you and how did you resolved it? Do you know anything that could help find the source of the problem?
Thank you beforehand, you'll be my hero/heroine if you help me with this nightmare.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:54 PM
Have you used the Crash log Analyzer: http://modthesims.info/d/416883 to see what is causing the crashing? Or is it not creating crash files for it to view?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Have you used the Crash log Analyzer: http://modthesims.info/d/416883 to see what is causing the crashing? Or is it not creating crash files for it to view?

I did and it says it's custom content related but I removed cc and it still crashes, the only things I didn't remove are my installed world; Roaring Heights and the Broadwalk SET and I'm afraid to do so since the family I play the legacy challenge with, is in Roaring Heights. Is it safe to remove it? Any tips?
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:47 PM
Did you remove the cache files, as well? If you didn't, the game still considers the cc being in the game because those files store information about them. Also, Sims 3 is more demanding than Sims 4. Still, the CLA is not always 100% accurate, no matter how good tool it is. What are your system specs?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 3:00 PM
CLA is useful though. But when it says CC related it's kind of useless. I agree though, remove CC, delete caches, try opening a different world and start fresh. It could be your save file is corrupt. How do you save? Do you use just the Save button or do you use NRaas' Saver mod and save as every 30 minutes? And curious question, did you buy Roaring Heights and Boardwalk SET? Or did you get them another way, apart from gifts?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Did you remove the cache files, as well? If you didn't, the game still considers the cc being in the game because those files store information about them. Also, Sims 3 is more demanding than Sims 4. Still, the CLA is not always 100% accurate, no matter how good tool it is. What are your system specs?

I remove the cach files every now and then and I tried this time, it didn't work.
-------------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows*7 Family Pack Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140706-1506)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4044MB RAM
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

If I've left out anyting please tell me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
CLA is useful though. But when it says CC related it's kind of useless. I agree though, remove CC, delete caches, try opening a different world and start fresh. It could be your save file is corrupt. How do you save? Do you use just the Save button or do you use NRaas' Saver mod and save as every 30 minutes? And curious question, did you buy Roaring Heights and Boardwalk SET? Or did you get them another way, apart from gifts?

That's what I'm going do, if nothing works. I'm pretty attached to my sims. I'm willing to try any possible solution before. I'm open to any suggestions.

I save the normal way. I save before I'm about to quit the game then quit separatly and sometimes when I'm about to edit/altering between worlds to avoid possible crashing

I bought Roaring Height but not the Boardwalk SET. They were compatible all this time, I never had a problem until now.
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:55 AM Last edited by varpunen : 8th Nov 2014 at 12:30 PM.
Now we are talking about pirated content (the boardwalk set) and that is a huge no no in here. Pirated content can cause problems. I suggest you remove the set if want anymore assistance with your game problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:01 AM
Now we are talking about pirated content (the boardwalk set) and that is a huge no no in here. Pirated content can cause problems and I suspect this thread will be soon locked. I suggest you remove the set if want anymore assistance with your game problem.

Ok, I removed the broadwalk set. I was just waiting until I save up more and buy it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lilo1213
Ok, I removed the broadwalk set. I was just waiting until I save up more and buy it.

Now that I removed The broadwalk set I can finaly play! Yay!! Thank you so much @claudiasharon and @varpunen for all the tips <3 One problem though, I can no longer play the family I had on Roaring Heights it gives me a message that says ".... it may have been saved with game data that is no longer present on the system" I just want to know if there is a way I can my sim family back.
Alchemist
#11 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:21 PM
Usually when you... say... remove an expansion, then the saves made with that expansion most likely won't work anymore. Same kind of thing is happening now. You do still have the store bought Roaring Heights installed, right?

Only way to save that family would have been to copy it into the bin or to save it by using the Share -option but since you couldn't load the game before and the save won't work now, it may be lost. If you have any much older saves that still work without BW, you could copy the family from there and then use the Master Controller to set it up into state is was now.

It good to save the game - at least once in awhile - by using the "Save as..." option. That way you have backup saves stored for safe keeping in case something goes wrong sometimes. That's actually the only way I save my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:34 AM
Usually when you... say... remove an expansion, then the saves made with that expansion most likely won't work anymore. Same kind of thing is happening now. You do still have the store bought Roaring Heights installed, right?

Only way to save that family would have been to copy it into the bin or to save it by using the Share -option but since you couldn't load the game before and the save won't work now, it may be lost. If you have any much older saves that still work without BW, you could copy the family from there and then use the Master Controller to set it up into state is was now.

It good to save the game - at least once in awhile - by using the "Save as..." option. That way you have backup saves stored for safe keeping in case something goes wrong sometimes. That's actually the only way I save my game.

I'm giving up on that family. I'm really grateful that I didn't have to reinstall the game for it to start working again. I'm going to make a new legacy family. Thank you for all the tips, I learned alot from this thread I'll be forever thankful and I'll make sure to use your tips in my game play, thank you <3