Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 9:50 PM
Default Elves
I recently got this game and for the first time I married my King to the Elf Princess from Effenmont. I noticed that as a result, a few elves appeared in the Kingdom for the first time and every once in awhile CAS would give me an elf sim to work with. As a result of these elves, I've become more interested and wanted a couple different things. For one, I wanted to create another elf sim to make my second Knight in the Kingdom, but I could unfortunately find no way to create new sims other than creating heroes.
Also, I was interested in starting a new kingdom that would be entirely elven based, and in order to do this the majority of sims in the kingdom would have to be Elves. I was wondering if there was any mods or ways that I could achieve this without manually editing every villagers appearance into an elf. Thanks a ton for any help or advice.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pariah
I recently got this game and for the first time I married my King to the Elf Princess from Effenmont. I noticed that as a result, a few elves appeared in the Kingdom for the first time and every once in awhile CAS would give me an elf sim to work with. As a result of these elves, I've become more interested and wanted a couple different things. For one, I wanted to create another elf sim to make my second Knight in the Kingdom, but I could unfortunately find no way to create new sims other than creating heroes.
Also, I was interested in starting a new kingdom that would be entirely elven based, and in order to do this the majority of sims in the kingdom would have to be Elves. I was wondering if there was any mods or ways that I could achieve this without manually editing every villagers appearance into an elf. Thanks a ton for any help or advice.

No, manually editing is the way to do it. I always enjoy editing the npcs in CAS so this wouldn't bother me. Start with the castle staff and then just grab the others as they start to fit in to your story.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 9:35 AM
Keep in mind that if you want all your elves skinny, you'll have to edit skinny sims, cause editing fat sims to make them skinny isn't permanent and will revert to fat in a few seconds.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 11:45 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 17th Jun 2013 at 8:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Keep in mind that if you want all your elves skinny, you'll have to edit skinny sims, cause editing fat sims to make them skinny isn't permanent and will revert to fat in a few seconds.

About that, we had a conservation about this a while back, when I didn't have much of a problem editing them (don't know if you remember) I'd only come across 2 sims that wouldn't stay the way I made them....it seems on my new computer, I can't get any of the fat sims to retain the shape I give them.

*edit* Just tried again with the Tredony Princess. I left CAS and all my other changes (skintone etc) had stuck but she didn't even pretend to be thin for even a few seconds, she left CAS exactly the same size she went in, like I hadn't touched the slider at all

If thin is a look you want for your elves, then changing the trait of reverting sims to Herculean will do that...you can't alter that body shape either though.

Did we ever try changing from Herculean to another trait and then trying to re-edit the body shape? or did it still stick at Herculean? or flick back to fat when Herculean was removed.

*edit2* Never mind, it looked like it was going to stick on Golda the Moneylender, but she eventually flicked back to Herculean after a while.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 6:07 AM Last edited by Xeny : 29th Jun 2013 at 6:17 AM.
Hi Chickie, What you are saying about editing an npc is CAS also happens to me if I am trying to slim them down. The game just insists the npc should be wide. Well, by this time you might know how very stubborn I can be...if its not my way, its the highway for all who appose Watcher Me...so all I could do concerning a npc that also happened to be my monarch's son, after aging him, was to repeatedly bring him into CAS, then pause the game before it could take over and re-chub him up, and hurriedly select to carry him over, so he was out of the rest of that game, but when I wanted to try a new Jacoban Priest in the next game, he stayed thin, and even turned out to be a gentle delight of a person. I am playing with him as the Priest now. He was offered up in the previous game to this one I play now, as a successor to his father, but I rejected that idea, but anyway he continues on. Truly I find pausing the game to be one of my best weapons in helping me fight the will of the game to have its way when it is obviously opposed to mine. Away! Away Heathens enemies of Xylan Darksword!

TC ChickieTeeta!

I know the poster wants to edit the npc and have it remain as she edited it and to be a part of the current game she is playing, but surely you know that seems to be the hardest kind of editing to do and have it remain is slimming down a npc. That is why in order to win against the game's will, I had to carry the kid over as an adult. But maybe she ought not be bothered by doing this editing and then carrying over, as the point of the game really is to create a kingdom everlasting (or more if one wishes) having the family and other sims to create dynasty's. Is this not so? So, if it is, then it is only a few quests away until she can bring her modified npc's back into the game, and so then can perfect each sim and npc as she wills. As it is clear to me, that rarely is a sim perfect to its creator's eyes after only one or two edits. Is this not also true?

Practice makes perfect they say....ah but Xylan only took 2 edits, and we all know he is perfect...YES WE DO!

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.