Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Ah, of course! Basements act a little differently. It is still possible to do in a basement but it's a little lot more tricky. You can't raise/lower terrain under a basement directly but what you can do is this:

1. Build your basement as planned.
2. pic1 On spare ground somewhere near your basement raise a patch of ground so that it's as high off the ground as you would want your fog emitter to be off the basement floor. Level out enough to build a small pool on top (one square is fine, I've gone overboard).
2. Pic2 Set CFE to false then at basement level drag the level tool from the pool to your basement.
3. Pic 3 Place your fogemitter(s) then level out the basement floor. The emitter should stay in place. If you try to move it it will fall to the ground again so try to get everything where/how you want it before leveling the ground. When you're sure everything is how you want it delete the pool and level out the ground above the basement.

For obvious reasons It's best to do this before you build the rest of your lot.

I'll probably try that some other time when I'm feeling brave but until then I've given in and I used the mod you linked me (which worked wonderfully). Thank you for all your help (:

You said you wanted to see, so:

When you go down into the sewer a message pops up "It smells disgusting down there." XD And the first plaque reads "Avendale Metropolitan Sewer / Fine for Tresspassing: $500".

The water coming from the grate moves~ as do the streams from the windows and rats wander around. I can't quite find a good water sound effect though, but that's okay. I'm pretty proud of it as it is.

Eventually the dive well (which does work, despite being weirdly embedded in the wall) will lead to a second sewer. :D

Apologies for the pictures being so big, I'm not sure how to shrink them. XD
Advertisement
The other one
#77 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 3:53 AM
That's awesome! I love how you used the different windows to create the illusion of drainage pipes. There's a lot of attention to detail there. How did you do the "it smells down here" thing? I'm guessing its something to do with one of the trigger type things you get with tombs but I've not really looked into all that. I had no idea you could write your own messages, ....I really wanna do that now, lol.

How's your world coming along? I reckon if you put half as much effort into the rest of your world as you have this one sewer it should be a pretty good, you planning to upload?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 4:23 AM Last edited by Madam Doofie : 1st Jan 2011 at 5:11 AM. Reason: Completely missed something.
That's awesome! I love how you used the different windows to create the illusion of drainage pipes. There's a lot of attention to detail there. How did you do the "it smells down here" thing? I'm guessing its something to do with one of the trigger type things you get with tombs but I've not really looked into all that. I had no idea you could write your own messages, ....I really wanna do that now, lol.

I'm glad you like it :D. I'm spending too long on certain sections XD. I kinda want to turn one of the vacation destinations (via a save game) into a winter wonderland or something...

To add the "it smells down here" you use the hidden trigger panel (or whatever you're using) and you go Triggers>Hidden Switch>Set Trigger TNS Text. (:

How's your world coming along? I reckon if you put half as much effort into the rest of your world as you have this one sewer it should be a pretty good, you planning to upload?

I'm blogging about it here. There are pictures and things (: I can't work out how to do the tower blocks though The door doesn't seem to work. Nevermind, made it work Although now my sims are falling through the floor for no reason. LOL

I totally missed you asked if I plan to upload it's too late at night for this!

I am planning to upload, yup. So far it's just a dream~ but I'm considering upping some of my lots (maybe the police station + sewer, for example (or my apartments if I ever make them work without epic flaws. Same for clubs). I'd just have to make the dive well something lot-contained rather than an uber one.)

It'd also need epic testing though and I dunno where to go to ask for help with that, haha.
The other one
#79 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 5:30 AM Last edited by missroxor : 1st Jan 2011 at 5:42 AM.
You can post in the Creator Feedback Forum here and ask for people to test it for you.

What's the problem with your bar? Ref your apartments, have you seen the thread on making apartments here?

Love your blog, wish I'd thought of doing that, lol. Your college conversations are hilarious! Was thinking of making a blog for my houses recently but I wouldn't know where to start, I couldn't even figure out how to comment on your blog - computers are not my strong point

EDIT to add stuffs: I haven't even tackled the whole vacation spot thing for my world, I don't know enough about it yet. I don't even think I've sent a sim on vacation for like 6 months. I'm impressed you only took 3 attempts on your sculpting though, I'm on attempt number 20 or something, lol

Oh, and I had that falling through the floor thing the other day....pressumably some CC gone wrong but I just kinda ignored and haven't looked into it yet....will get around to it at somepoint hopefully before my game goes into melt down

Another Edit: If you want more traffic for your blog you should link it in your sig block

PS Sorry for goin way off topic all over this thread :P

Lab Assistant
#80 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 5:45 AM
You can post in the Creator Feedback Forum here and ask for people to test it for you.

Score! Thank you

What's the problem with your bar? Ref your apartments, have you seen the thread on making apartments here?

My bar doesn't have a problem because it's nice and simple. It's the clubs I'm having more issues with. I put too many effects into one, so it's kinda like an explosion in a joke shop. And I didn't know the blacklights kinda...flash. Which is disconcerting. I placed an elevator with move objects left on (never do that, they think the elevator isn't there and complain for hours).

Love your blog, wish I'd thought of doing that, lol. Your college conversations are hilarious! Was thinking of making a blog for my houses recently but I wouldn't know where to start, I couldn't even figure out how to comment on your blog - computers are not my strong point

What college conversations?

And you just go to blogger.com, log in with a google account and name your blog. It's pretty simple once you get into it and you comment by pressing "post a comment" at the bottom of a specific post (which you can get into by clicking the subject "Day the First" for example) and then log in with a google account.

EDIT to add stuffs: I haven't even tackled the whole vacation spot thing for my world, I don't know enough about it yet. I don't even think I've sent a sim on vacation for like 6 months. I'm impressed you only took 3 attempts on your sculpting though, I'm on attempt number 20 or something, lol

I love the vacation world so I'd love to do more with it. I wish we could create our own. I'd soooo create some kind of ski resort. And I'm sure I'll have to do some more sculpting later on... I've just done that kinda thing before on Sim City 2000 (:

Oh, and I had that falling through the floor thing the other day....pressumably some CC gone wrong but I just kinda ignored and haven't looked into it yet....will get around to it at somepoint hopefully before my game goes into melt down

Fair enough. I think I just screwed up the floor by mistake. It's my fault and I'll fix it... later. Once I import the same club again. I've got a Sunset Valley savegame JUST for editing lots. It works pretty well.
The other one
#81 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Madam Doofie
What college conversations?

You're a Tiny Chinese Lesbian....etc. did I go off into a random blog? I thoght that was yours, lol

And you just go to blogger.com, log in with a google account and name your blog. It's pretty simple once you get into it and you comment by pressing "post a comment" at the bottom of a specific post (which you can get into by clicking the subject "Day the First" for example) and then log in with a google account.

Hmm will give it a shot....might have to wait till I have a clearer head though, am 2 glasses into a bottle of wine with it being New Year (and yet, tragically I'm online talking about sims Hubby's at work and all my friends are either at home with the kids or back in the UK working on their hangovers )

Ahh....Sim City 2000 my first experience of simming. I think it was on the original PS I had it. I was a seriour addict

Lab Assistant
#82 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 1:02 PM
You're a Tiny Chinese Lesbian....etc. did I go off into a random blog? I thoght that was yours, lol

Ohhhh~ you followed the link to my journal. *nods* Gotcha now. I just got a bit confused because I didn't remember posting about college on my blog.

Hmm will give it a shot....might have to wait till I have a clearer head though, am 2 glasses into a bottle of wine with it being New Year (and yet, tragically I'm online talking about sims Hubby's at work and all my friends are either at home with the kids or back in the UK working on their hangovers )

You managed it! And lol... well, I had spiced rum (on an empty stomach so even a tiny bit was like yayy bit intoxicated there mate) and spent the entire evening on Skype with my best friend who lives 4 hours away. It was sad~ but ah well.

Ahh....Sim City 2000 my first experience of simming. I think it was on the original PS I had it. I was a seriour addict

It is very addictive! I used to love the driving missions around the city. I used to drive the limo on the footpath because it was faster than navigating the traffic.

We seem to be spamming this topic a bit would you maybe like to take our conversation to PMs?

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:39 PM
Default Win!!!
YES!!! I was looking for this! When I realized that you could type the name of some other effect, I knew there must be more than just the fog, but had no idea where to find a list! I should have Googled age ago!

I was building a nightclub I call Elements, and using the floor/ wall traps go off when people hit a hidden switch on the dance floor. Now THIS is going to be the hotspot! And the snow spot. And the lightning spot. And... I'm going to download that list of 4000+ things now.

I just learned about the ambiance sounds from the hidden room markers in condos. Is there a list for those as well?

(Maybe I should run a search before my first post here.)
Theorist
#84 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 8:56 PM
When you go down into the sewer a message pops up "It smells disgusting down there." XD And the first plaque reads "Avendale Metropolitan Sewer / Fine for Tresspassing: $500".

Can I ask how you make this message appear without sims reading the plaque please? This would be a nice option.

And in return, the original problem you had would be solved with OMSP's.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Can I ask how you make this message appear without sims reading the plaque please? This would be a nice option.

And in return, the original problem you had would be solved with OMSP's.

I'm guessing hidden floor switch, linked to a trigger?
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 7:59 AM
I was playing with the fog emitters, and threw many of them down. Suddenly, one of them triggered, and I had a complete white-out. I've got it narrowed down to either one of the four lighthouse effects, or one of the 3 or 4 fireworks effects. The problem is that I can't see the fog emitter, or anything else in that corner, and if I can't see it, I can't remove it. Is there a way to turn the effects off, and still see the fog emitters, so I can delete the offending one? Or am I stuck going back to my last save on the lot? I already tried the sledgehammer. It deletes everything EXCEPT the danged fog emitters.
Theorist
#87 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sciffy Circo
I can't remove it. Is there a way to turn the effects off

Yes you can rename the effect to a nonexistant name I think.

I remember having one fire effect that was very hard to remove, requiring me to grab the underside of the ball to move it. Thats not easy when the ball is actually inside the ground itself.

Sciffy Circo, thanks I'll try it. I'm a bit baffled by all those tomb objects though...

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 8:33 PM
I was playing with the fog emitters, and threw many of them down. Suddenly, one of them triggered, and I had a complete white-out. I've got it narrowed down to either one of the four lighthouse effects, or one of the 3 or 4 fireworks effects. The problem is that I can't see the fog emitter, or anything else in that corner, and if I can't see it, I can't remove it. Is there a way to turn the effects off, and still see the fog emitters, so I can delete the offending one? Or am I stuck going back to my last save on the lot? I already tried the sledgehammer. It deletes everything EXCEPT the danged fog emitters.

I decided to play the lot as-is, and actually send a test Sim there, with plans of using the "build on this lot" cheat. Apparently, whatever glitch it was went *poof* as soon as I'd started playing. I guess I'd found the offending fog emitter and removed it, but the effect was trapped in time. Once time moved, everything looked awesome!

I did ultimately remove and change a few effects, after finding they didn't quite look right. Having an active Sim and using the "buy on this lot" works wonderfully for editing!

Almost done with the lot.I'll be sure to share it soon!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 6:41 AM
Done with the lots! Here's two of them, complete with video and download links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ3YBLNh7E

I decided to play the lot as-is, and actually send a test Sim there, with plans of using the "build on this lot" cheat. Apparently, whatever glitch it was went *poof* as soon as I'd started playing. I guess I'd found the offending fog emitter and removed it, but the effect was trapped in time. Once time moved, everything looked awesome!

I did ultimately remove and change a few effects, after finding they didn't quite look right. Having an active Sim and using the "buy on this lot" works wonderfully for editing!

Almost done with the lot.I'll be sure to share it soon!
Test Subject
#90 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:29 AM
if only this was for sims 2...
Forum Resident
#91 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thehontry
if only this was for sims 2...

switch to Sims 3 then
Test Subject
#92 Old 3rd May 2011 at 2:04 AM
Oh god didnt knew fog emitter was so usefull time to do some testing :D
Test Subject
#93 Old 6th May 2011 at 4:49 PM
Done with the lots! Here's two of them, complete with video and download links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ3YBLNh7E

That's pretty fabulous! I had no clue you could do that with the fog machines.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 7:31 PM
Default Generations
Had my list on the laptop, now on a shinier desktop a friend has, redownloaded the .rar and all. Anyone found new goodies for Generations yet?
Site Helper
#96 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 1:40 PM
Note: this is just the beginning! Check the tool that Chaos Mage X has in development!

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450194

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#97 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:14 PM
I can't open the file, I don't have WinZip, can someone PLEASE send it to me or something? I would be very grateful (;
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 10:22 PM
Let me know if anyone has a link to where to find a list for later expansions. I don't think I've seen a list yet with higher than ep3, and I KNOW there's gotta be a list out there somewhere!
Inventor
#99 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 10:30 PM
Here is a link.

And to shamelessly plug my own tool, it allows you to export a list of the effect names, you can easily search and filter and you can right-click on an effect name and it will be copied to the clipboard for easy pasting into the fog emitter dialog.
Theorist
#100 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:42 AM
I haven't had a chance to update the list since Late Night. It will be done at some point, but I'm undecided if I should change the format of the list. I'm thinking I could just have a zipped folder of jpeg images, with names identical to each effect, and the player could then just rifle through the jpegs and see what appeals to them.
A 'visual list' in this way would be a superior way to log all the effects, but probably longer.
There's some good videos if you youtube fog emitter, and I may freeze-frame these videos to speed up the process.

#BlairWitchPetition
Page 4 of 5