Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:13 AM
Goth-Lothario:

Cassie and Don got married for the first time in my game. I changed their aspirations before the ceremony and now Cassie is a popularity-pleasure and Don is family-fortune. Such a difference! They moved right after their wedding to Don's old place that had gone through huge changes (= I used a makeover-version made by Tenielle). Their first day was a bit boring, with couple of woohoo-moments. In the end Cassie became pregnant.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:05 PM
I caved in and got Tarlia's complete Megahood. So naturally I've started making over the sims and hoods all over again I swear I spend more time making over Maxis stuff than actually playing this game. I've deleted Bluewater Village because it's hideous and not really a hood, and am dividing the Bluewater sims and the various simbin families over all the hoods. Veronaville is going to stay pretty much Monty/Capp terrain, and Strangetown is too small to add in many families (I've relocated Chester Gieke there, because it seemed to fit, but I think that'll be it). Result: the other hoods are kinda stuffed. Ah well, it wasn't really realistic to have more than 50% of the houses in town vacant anyway

If anyone's interested, I'm going to record my Megahood exploits in this blog.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 6:04 PM
I moved in all the extras and am playing everyone in a rotation. It took a very long time just to finish the first rotation and I was only playing them for a day until they transferred from summer to autumn.

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Test Subject
#54 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:38 PM
I seriously have to set up a livejournal for this because there's just no way to write down everything here. I've actually had this for a few months and keep deleting and reinstalling it from my desktop. The only thing that upsets me is the unavailablity to bring back Antonio Capp's wife and Lyla grunt. I can get skip broke bella goth and darleen dreamer etc, but those two i would really love to have as well. Add in inteen, ACR, Closer Family, and Joker's Wild sex and i have a feeling this will get quite interesting.

I'm renaming it as Sim City with all the different hoods being more like small gated communities within the larger city. This also means having a president, governor, mayor city coincil blah blah blah.

Basically the main plot is semi resident evil-ish only vampiric. I got the daytime vamps hack and other assorted vampire related hacks so it makes it alot easier to deal with.

Major Plot Lines
Pollination Tech 9 Smith's desperation to blend in more to escape the wrath of General Buzz Grunt leads him to do a genetic experiment that goes horribly wrong. He becomes a vampire.

Olive Specter's growing unease at her growing tombstone collection makes her decide to end her life by picking a fight with General Buzz in hopes that he'll finish her off. What she doesn't expect is to be attacked by a newly vampiric Pollination Tech 9 Smith.

Desperate for the other to finally give in before they die Consort Capp and Patrizio Monty look for a way to continue the feud......permanently.

Armand DeBateau and Malcolm Landgraab duke it out for control over lucrative sole business rights in downtown only to have a third party interfere( underground vampire mob).

Catherine Viejo and Betty Goldstein traumatized by their friend's slow painful death seek out the mythical elixir of life, but a proposal by the underground vampire mob boss may threaten their friendship when Catherine get's greedy.

Mortimer Goth, relieved at finding a safe and alive Bella Goth goes after the community's Alien race for revenge only to learn a little too late that they were not the one's responsible for her disappearance.

John Mole's investigation of the underground vampire mob is put in jeopardy when a bored Luis Aspir decides to shake up his boring routine, costing John more than lost information.

Initially i was going to go for a more Twilight approach even though i've never read the books or watched the movies but i have yet to find a mod that lets sims be werewolves during the daytime also. Also I intend to involve the witch community as the overall storyline progresses they'll find a way to devampire sims which will lead to the rest of them killing the devamped ones which should alleviate congested population issues.
Scholar
#55 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:30 PM
I'm now in the process of setting up a second Weebly just for the blogging and gallery functions for this - while I COULD write up everything that happens in this thread my posts would take ages to type and read! I can sub-divide the blogs into families/neighbourhoods there too

I would've got a bit done yesterday but my internet was down... so I simmed instead!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#56 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:38 PM
Selly, I'm looking forward to seeing you chronicle your megahood via weebly. As much as I want a gallery of key moments in my megahood's history, I have discovered that I can't play and screencap at the same time. With all the socializing and ACRing, there's just too much going on in every lot. Plus, I suck at screenies. I have a whole new respect for the people who post legacies.

The best I've managed so far are these in-game pics of Bella Goth and Morty Roth having a conversation about...bondage? Tsk, Bella. You've just met.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#57 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:01 AM
So far I've given makeovers to PV and ST sims, now I'm at Veronaville.

Summerdreams moved to a new house and got a updated looks. I gave a tiny facelift to all of them, to soften their features. Oberon and Titania got married when kids left to school and that's about it. I only play 1 sim-day untill I get all hoods set up. Oberon and Titania are now Pleasure-sims and Puck got Romance. He has 2 bolts towards Miranda Capp at the mo, but we'll se what happens in the future.

Capps (Consort & Co.) moved into a new house too. Consort and Tybalt got some cheeks And I have to say that Consort actually looks alright now. I didn't change their faces other than making them look more natural. Their new aspirations are: Consort-Pleasure, Tybalt-Family, Juliette-Fortune and Hermia-Knowledge.

Antonio Monty moved into one of the apartments with his kids (I changed all the lots with 2 houses into apartments, after tweaking 'em a bit, of course) and got fit. He's planning on swooning his landlord-lady, who's a gorgeous adult female with a custom alien skin.

Albany and Goneril Capp moved into an apartment too, with their herd of kids. And everyone except Miranda and Desdemona got facelifts. I find Goneril especially hidious pre-surgery. I still have to make changes with SimPE to their genetics and we're good to go. If I remember correctly, Albany and Goneril are now Pleasure-sims (what's with this Pleasure-flood in my game?!) and Miranda is Romance.

TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:15 PM
I didn't do anything with it because both times I downloaded it, it just showed up in my game as a second copy of Pleasantview. I asked about it, but no one else seems to have had that problem.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by the evil writer
I didn't do anything with it because both times I downloaded it, it just showed up in my game as a second copy of Pleasantview. I asked about it, but no one else seems to have had that problem.

Did you actually open it and play it? For it DOES look just like a second copy of Pleasantview. Only if you open it and start playing, you'll find all those shopping districts (the other neighbourhoods).
Scholar
#60 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 18th Jul 2010 at 1:26 AM.
Mangaroo, I'm not too good when taking photos in-game myself, but I've learnt that the pause function is not just for when you leave the computer for a minute! I've got some of my best shots by hitting pause then circling round the action until I get an angle I like (or even several).

The picture I've attached is from the Megahood, and is possibly my most interesting angle to date. Pause featured heavily in its creation!

EDIT: Weebly now up and running, with the first week in the Broke house posted. Accompanying pictures are also up.
Link here and also in my siggy.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#61 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:25 PM
So far I have been given makeovers to Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville and Riverblossom Hills-simmies and I'm at Bluewater now. I decided to delete Riverblossom and Bluewater because they bore me too much so I'm going to move all the families into different subhoods.

At RbH I cured Rose Greenman (the plantsim) and she looks gorgeous! There's pictures of Greenman family at Maxis sims-thread. I also cured Daisy so she's a regular toddler now. Also Catherine Viejo got a real makeover, as I aged her down so now she's a beautiful adult.

At Bluewater, Florence Delarosa moved out and is going to live either in Downtown or Belladonna Cove. I'm going to find her a spouse since I have never played with her properly. Can't wait how her kids are going to turn out

Inventor
#62 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:33 AM
I've installed almost all families right now. Installed the lot-sync-timers, gave everyone a second aspiration using dice to determine randomness. I think it is time now to start thinking about who I want to kill off to cut down on playable sims a bit. Maybe I should wait a bit until the story develops though.. but it is a bitch to play through all the families. However I think I should play them all a little more then one day to decide who is interesting and who goes.
Inventor
#63 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 8:31 AM
Well, I caved and got Apartment Life finally, so my megahood plans have been slightly pushed back while I do the "New EP meets CC" dance. Update everything, take all the folders out, start game, test, exit game, put this one back in, start up game, make sure nothing is borked, exit game, put another folder in, start up game again...

I also downloaded the Uber-Megahood, but it is currently just sitting in rar form on my computer until I figure out whether I can run both the Megahood (I don't wanna completely abandon it at this point) and the Uber-Megahood without breaking anything. Plus, since I installed clean templates, I won't get some of the Maxis sims/townies/dormies now (I think) in the Uber-Megahood, so I want to be able to play them before they are lost forever. Most of the Maxis EP-based sims (the ones that show up in the sim bin or their own occupied houses) are still in the Sim Bin at this point (except Tara Kat), so I can just move them to the Uberhood easily enough though. I also want to get a good look at the new hood that came with that EP before I make any plans regarding that specific section, so it will probably be used as the test hood during my EP/CC dance, so that I can kill two birds with one stone.

As for plans in the Uberhood, they will basically be the same as the ones I'd laid out in my previous posts about the Megahood, and I'll try to re-create what I've already done as much as possible. Since I was trying to get the whole thing made-over/set up before I did any serious playing, I won't have to worry about losing too many gameplay events. One change I plan on making is having Don Lothario and his "brat pack" in an actual apartment now, most likely a penthouse, with the story being that they are all living together to split the cost of the rent, since penthouses are expensive, but they all considered it worth the cost if it lets them impress people, especially women.

I fear that Tara Kat may now be lost, since I put her (and played her a bit, enough that I couldn't move her without corruption) in the Megahood, and put in clean templates after that, so she probably won't be generated in the Uberhood. Which is sad, since I did come to like playing her. If by some miracle she shows up, then she and her cats will be moved into an apartment, and she will possibly be made into a good witch, and get (of course) a cat as her witches' familiar, bringing the number of household felines up to four (and maybe make some of the cats have kittens). I see the story playing out kind of like the Catwoman one from Batman, where she gets supernatural powers due to being such a cat-lover.

The Summerdreams will all, of course, be learning witchcraft and get supernatural powers, though they will all be "neutral" witches (at least, at the start. Whether they remain neutral will be up to them). Possibly the Goths, the Spector/Nigmos family, and the alien halves of the Smiths/ Singles-Smiths as well. The aliens because they are, well, aliens and I think it would be intersting if they got actual inhuman traits besides their physcial features, and the Goths and Spector/Nigmos simply to fit their name/supposed lifestyle more.
Scholar
#64 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
I think I should play them all a little more then one day to decide who is interesting and who goes.

I'm playing each family a week at a time, so I'm not even out of Pleasantview yet! It gives me time to discover the characters but not so long that I'll be struggling to bring ages back into alignment. Well, I say a week - I'm bringing the days into line at the moment; so I'm going from whatever day they start on up to the following Monday morning. Lot-sync-timers are being set to read a multiple of 7 at 6pm on Sunday night

Still, my slower style means I'm not too far behind on my updates - added the Dreamer house on Weebly last night, and am finishing up the Caliente post now. Once that is complete I'll be on the Lothario one.

Mad Poster
#65 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 7:56 PM
Selly_2009: I've been reading your blog and have liked the stories a lot. I never could find the pre-made families interesting (except Broke and Goth), so I like reading about what other people have done to them, specially Dreamers and Lothario, who I found to be the most boring of them all. The only negative comment I can come up about the Goth update (this is as far as I have read), was the when you used the Simblender. It would have been better for the stories sake that if she came as an adult, you would have had an explanation to why she is still young, or if she came as an elder, you could have told why she was an elder and where she was all these years. Instead of saying she came as an adult, and then Mortimer asked the simblender to make her an elder. Because who would take years of the person they love just for conveniences sake? Other than that, great posts
Scholar
#66 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 11:00 PM
Ani, thanks for your comments; looking back, I agree with your criticism of the Goth storyline - it was a pretty crappy idea. At the time of writing (and playing) I couldn't think of anything, but your post has made the cogs start turning. Makes a few notes in Word to remind herself next time.

As for the other pre-made families, I know what you mean - before I installed the megahood I'd only played with the Goths, Brokes and Pleasants. The Dreamers had only entered the scene when Brandi married him late in life (when Beau was at college and Oran in his teens) and I'd never touched the bin-families at all. As I said once before, the original plans for each family have now been thrown out of the window!

Field Researcher
#67 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:50 PM
THE OTTOMAS FAMILY
Samantha had the twins - Keith and Roberta - who are just hideous but Keith may have potential to be slightly less so. David (the oldest, I think that's his name) went off to college. Tommy grew into a child. Samantha caught Peter doing the horizontal rumba with a coworker (thanks ACR) and they've now split up. I think I'm gonna hook her up with her friend Antonio Monty.

ALEXANDRA O'MACKEY
Alexandra was in her house no more than 12 sim hours before she was in love with Malcolm Landgraab IV. Gotta love ACR! They both had wants to get engaged and so now they are. I have never hooked him up with her so I'm curious about the kids since his children with Dina Caliente and Jodie Larson are nearly always horrifying.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Field Researcher
#68 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:47 AM
Mayor Malcolm Landsgraab IV and family move to Strangetown

Since the passing of the Extraterrestial Relocation Ordinance building activity in Strangetown has increased exponentially. Given only a year to move, the families with alien bloodstrain are flocking the Housing Bureau for the grants.

Although having publicly spoken against the ordinance one of the first to move has been Mayor Landsgraab with his family. We caught Landsgraab one morning on his way to work.

He commented, "While I may not agree with this decision, it is the law and a man in my position should set an example. We love both our girls very much and decided it would be best for them to grow up here. Besides, retiring in this warmer region has some benefits as well."
Landsgraab proudly showed the photo in his wallet and graciously agreed to let us have a copy.

"The little one is Carol. She is now grown a bit and is going to school. Wendy will be going to University in a couple of years. We are very proud of her accomplishments," Landsgraab related before rushing to the helicopter.

That he made no comment about the elder daughter being adopted and obviously of extraterrestial descent speaks for itself. A full interview of the family will be released in the Holiday Special of ÜberZine.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 1:56 PM
Malcolm Landgraab married Alexandra O'Mackey, his triple bolter, and she moved into his sprawling mansion.

Turns out Florence Delarosa has triple bolt chemistry with Lazlo Curious, of all people so I'm in the process of hooking them up. Curious what the kids would look like.

Kristen Singles married Jason Larson and moved into his house with his sister. Jodie has a flirtatious relationship with Leod McGreggor but I'm not sure if they're right for each other - double bolt chemistry or not.

Chester Geike and Nervous Subject were triple bolters and got married. I intend to have the two of them make me lots of alien babies.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
transmogrified
retired moderator
#70 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akksgurl
Turns out Florence Delarosa has triple bolt chemistry with Lazlo Curious, of all people so I'm in the process of hooking them up. Curious what the kids would look like.

These two always wind up paired in my Megahood(s), too. I've never had a chance to see their offspring, so please let me know how they turn out. [Woot! Vicarious megahooding.]
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:36 PM
Default megahood stories
I have been playing the Megahood since last year prosperity style with ROS since last year. I am putting up the random stories up here .

There are so many characters that I do not even dare to attempt blogging individual families.
Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:54 AM Last edited by iamNOTHING : 24th Aug 2010 at 1:34 PM.
My Megahood's a failure, maybe I should reinstall it? LOL. Not many thing happens, btw, just ...

In Pleasantview
The Brokes: Dustin became better and still dates Angela. Brandi is still single and already bore A GIRL named Becca. Beau had been a prodigy in music and dance IN HIS TODDLER YEARS. I resurrected Skip with SimPE, but hadn't play with him too much, the only thing he had done is maybe socializing with the Singles girls.
The Burbs: Just normal life. And Jennifer is expecting for 2nd child.
The Calientes: I forgot if I had play them or not :/ but they are pregnant maybe :/ Dina by Mortimer, Nina by Don.
The Dreamers: Darren goes out of the house to marry Cassandra. Dirk LIVES ALONE because he don't like to live with a stepmother but he's fine, he always have friends.
The Goths: Cassandra is pregnant by Don but she marries Darren. Darren lives in the Goth Manor currently. Mortimer had impregnated Dina ...we still wait! Already bring Bella back but hadn't play with her. Nothing had I done with Alexander.
The Lotharios: Don had impregnated Dina and Cassandra ...just that.
The Oldies: They stick in the Sim Bin forever after. LOL
The Pleasants: I forget ...but Angela and Lilith made their relationships better, Mary-Sue's ...pregnant and okay *unsure*, Daniel's fine ...yeaaah ...FORGET!

In Strangetown
The Beakers: Loki and Circe's career condition are nice. They had fraternal twins Freyr and Freyja (Freyr and Freyja is really different physically). Freyr is loved by everyone (even seniors passing by!), and for Freyja, nobody took care of her except Circe and Nervous. Wonder if Freyr will be 'naughty spoiled boy' and Freyja will be a 'goodie two-shoes' someday :D. Nervous works in Florence Delarosa's flower shop and currently they are in love.
The Curious: I made all of them alien pregnant and then speeded it so their children will born in the same day. Then shortly after that I make Lazlo married Crystal Vu and Crystal is also pregnant by Lazlo's child, speed it up too. That day, the four babies (3 alien, one human) was born. Saturn (Pascal's), Andromeda (Vidcund's), Cassiopeia (Lazlo's) and Marie (Lazlo and Crystal's). THE HOUSE ARE FULL! The babies are currently toddlers. And I also make the Curious quit their job for their dreams (matching the LTWs). FYI, Pascal is dating an adult version of Olive Specter and Vidcund is single.
The Grunts: General Buzz is still a general, no significant change in him. Tank is pursuing a teen career in military. Ripp is dating a girl named Angel-whatever. Buck is a prodigy in science.
Ajay Loner: He is working and make-over-ing people. Nothing else.
The Singles: They're still having fun and finding jobs based on LTWs. Nothing else.
The Smiths: Johnny went to college with Ophelia. Jenny is pregnant with her and PT's final child. Jill is simply a smart girl and a movie lover.
The Specters: Ophelia went to college and Olive fell for Pascal Curious so she got younger *just say it is a magic, LOL* and be brighter and moved the graves away. Nah, this is the fail! =))

In Veronaville
The Capps:
-Consort, Tybalt, Juliette, Hermia: Consort got a promotion into business tycoon. Tybalt went to college. Juliette is going steady with Romeo successfully. Hermia is going steady with Puck. The four of them are masters of music and dance.
-Regan, Cornwall, Kent: Cornwall had a community lot in Bluewater Village. Regan is working *unsure* and Kent stays in the sim bin waiting for his turn =))
-Albany, Goneril, Miranda, Hal, Desdemonda, Ariel: Just simple things, almost nothing happened.
The Montys:
-Patrizio, Isabella, Mercutio, Romeo: They are just a-okay gaming masters. And Patrizio died happily in platinum ...
-Bianca, (combined with) Antonio, Benedick, Beatrice: They are okay ...
The Summerdreams: Their life are happy. Puck dates Hermia. Bottom befriends Sharla Ottomas. Titania is pregnant. Oberon is so-so.
In Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley and Bluewater Village and Universities
Nothing big happened =))

Megahood deleted. Will soon install uber-megahood after installing AL. HAHAHA =))
Field Researcher
#73 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 12:59 PM
Perhaps the strangest "celebrity" scoop in my megahood is something that could happen in any Veronaville: Conrad (a.k.a. Consort) Capp got to gether with the bakery owner lady in Bluwater Village. The one with the Romance Sim son.

Or perhaps even stranger is that the aforementioned Mr. Capp is taking part in "Dancing with Sims" competion. The other male celebrity is Don Reese (Lothario), who has become a rather great hula dancer in the past few years. The only lady so far is Mayor Landsgraab's daughter. Two spots are still open. At least one should be female. If you have anyone to suggest, feel free to PM me. (Bella Goth is one of the judges.)
Forum Resident
#74 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 11:18 PM
I'm updating my Uberhood to LJ, if someone is interested.

Finally I've given makeovers to all sims (did not include universities though) and I'm now on round 1 at PV. I've played with Brokes, Oldies and Pleasants so far.

Mad Poster
#75 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
I'm updating my Uberhood to LJ, if someone is interested.
Me, like always. Your sims and your game are always so pretty <3
Page 3 of 5