Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:07 PM
Default Normal map not showing ingame
Hi, I've been following this tutorial by pixelhate, trying to add a normal map to my phone override. It all went fine in SimPE but when I tested it ingame, the normal map didn't show. Also, I checked if my game had normal maps enabled and it does, so it's just an issue with my object. I was wondering if there was anyone who had dealt with something like this before or knows really well how to use normal maps in TS2 so I can find out where I went wrong.
I imported the normals, linked them in the TXMT (pic ) etc, and it still doesn't work so I'm just really confused on what I did wrong.

Here is the .package if anybody wants to get a closer look, http://simfileshare.net/download/326765/
Thanks.

Edit- I moved the thread to the correct catergory, here was responses in the thread before - https://i.imgur.com/YLnIdHF.png
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 12:04 PM
I notice you don't have the normal map included under the "File List" tab of the TXMT. Might try correcting that and see if it works. Also, dissect some game objects that use bump maps or re-read the tutorial to see how the different parts of the file are put together. I miss a lot of info on the first pass myself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 6:43 PM Last edited by jwofles : 1st Oct 2017 at 7:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
I notice you don't have the normal map included under the "File List" tab of the TXMT. Might try correcting that and see if it works. Also, dissect some game objects that use bump maps or re-read the tutorial to see how the different parts of the file are put together. I miss a lot of info on the first pass myself.

Thanks for spotting that! Although it didn't fix it so there must be something else
I looked at other .packages and I had mine set up the same way so maybe it's just an issue with phones and they can't have normal maps...

This button should be affected by the normal but it's not, if worse comes to worse, the button can just be meshed but that just means extra polys
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:40 PM
If it's a small detail on an already small object, you can usually get away with putting some definition in the texture.