Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:09 PM
Free Buffet on Community Lots
Hello everyone! I hope this is the right place to post this.
I need help! Please
I've just created a Piano Bar community lot for my active Sim who is a musician because I wanted to give him a place to earn some money playing the piano. He has no job, he plays the piano for a living (his name is Doremi Pentagram by the way).
I was looking for a modded buffet table for community lots with free food on it and I didn't find any. Since my Sim is a poor fellow I wanted to find one that doesn't charge him when used. When I visit my custom created Piano Bar lot with my musician sim and he opens the buffet table he is the one who PAYS for each dish. The other sims (townies) can eat for free. Is there a way to make the food of the buffet table free for everyone? Even for the sim who opens it up?
I'd like to create a mod myself but I have no experience. Can anyone explain me how to mod the buffet table or clone it and create a brand new one with free food on it?
I have the TS2 Ultimate Collection and I've installed and used SimPE only few times to recolour some basic objects. But if somebody explains me how to create this new object I'd be happy to post it here for testing and download. Can anyone help? Thank you very much.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 11th Mar 2018 at 12:21 AM.
Wait a sec..is he Faso Latee's cousin?
I'll check buffet table for you. I never cloned one, but maybe I can find where the price and things are.

EDIT:
So, I got it to work, nothing is charged when your sim *serve Food* but i must fix the BHAV a bit, because even though the interaction for serving food works, the sim jumps instead of performing it.

RE-EDIT:
Ok! I got it to work nicely now. You still see the small § sign flying up, but it says 0§.
The buffet itself still cost 300§ to buy, of course.

@caoscreativo
Let me know if you'd rather me uploading it, or learn how to make yours free! it is VERY simple.
Though if you'd like me to upload the one I just made, it would be nice if it fits your Pub's decor..so I'd need a picture.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:23 PM
I say upload it, @Rosebine. People will find it useful.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:40 PM
That would be neat though, to have more than one model. I cloned the base game white tablecloth one to make this, didn't alter the mesh or the look at all.
I'll make a few variations and upload then. I can always write a small tutorial for Caoscreativo as well.
Thank you for your outlook Goldenbtrfly.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:35 PM
What I would suggest, reclone and tick the box to reference original mesh. This will smallenate the file size, and you really don't need the mesh/texture parts anyway.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:38 PM
Yes, this is what I wanted to do at first anyway, since I was just trying/editing codes..But! I did not, as I knew if it worked, that I would want to make my own mesh for it. So I left it there to be replaced by mine. Of course, the one referring to maxis will be a smaller .package, when I will upload.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:25 AM
Sim wardrobe buffet already does this. It can be set paid or free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:28 AM
I guess, this is even better. caoscreativo wanted to edit one to be free, and was asking how to achieve this. There is now more options for him.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 6:25 PM
i'm so sorry to necro this thread - i cannot figure out how to make frenchies grilled cheese buffet to be served for free on community lots. its driving me nuts, SimPE is so complicated and there really arent any tutorials here on tumblr or even discord to help.

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Inventor
#10 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 8:24 PM
VivificusZombiae, find the budget instruction in Interaction - Serve Food and skip over it. Because the lines are not sorted with the progression of the program, it might be easier to replace each of these budged instructions with a dummy expression that does nothing and is always true, such as: literal 1 == literal 1. Or you can open the BCON list and change rows 9 through B to 0, but then you'll see floating money amount of $0 overhead.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 5:08 PM
Jonasn - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! you literally solved my whole problem, THANK YOU!!!

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay