Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:04 PM
Default Linking light color to recolorable subset?
I have a light that has 2 recolorable subsets. The light gives a white color, but I would like one of the subsets to change the light color too along with the texture.
I've looked at lights like the neon flamingo, and can see several lights for each color, but I'm not sure how they are linked to a subset.

If someone could suggest a tutorial or direct me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:37 PM
If the flamingo works the way you want, you could clone it and replace the meshes and textures and all that needs replacing in respective resources. That is, if no one knows a better way to do it.

I've seen glow color linked to a recolorable subset (neon club counters) and I could see the dependency set in GMND, but it didn't work when I tried it on my own object, so there's got to be something else to it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:49 PM
The light colour is determined by text or .nlo files in the TSData/Res/Lights folders of the respective EPs. That is what determines the actual glow colour; this may be overridden in your own install files if you have a lighting mod, such as Radiance.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 6:33 PM
Thank you both for the replies

@simsample: thank you for this info, though my objective is not to actually change the color of the glow in my game

@Lamare: I was hoping there was a way since the object I already made, though I will check out the flamingo and set if I can work with it. Thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 8:33 PM
Oh sorry, I thought that when you said you wanted to change the light colour along with the texture that this was what you were meaning. I guess you meant the colour of the bulb or light fixture, and not the colour of the light that is emitted.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:04 PM
I would suggest adding a third subset, making use of the tsDesignModeSlaveSubset. To see how Maxis used it, look at the boho bed in AL. Basically the third subset is recolored by one of the other subsets.