Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:37 AM
Default Unable to edit custom content object info (e.g. price)
Hello,

I am very new to custom content. I have downloaded several great custom content packages and have managed to load them into my game, but I would like to make some amendments to the price and category of some of them (and also the description if possible). I have downloaded SimPE (I use a Mac so I've also had to download Parallels and a copy of Windows to do this), but when I open the .package file with SimPE I can't seem to work out how to edit the bits I want to edit. After doing some googling it seems that the file I need to amend is the OBJD file, but none of the .package files that I've downloaded seem to contain that, they only have TXTR, TXMT, MMAT and CLST file types. Could somebody please explain where I'm going wrong, as this is driving me crazy!

I've also tried using the Sims 2 Categorizer program to make amendments, but from what I've read online that can sometimes cause corruption issues and it doesn't seem to want to work for me because I have the Sims 2 game installed on my Mac rather than Windows.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:21 PM
You need to open the mesh files, not the recolours.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You need to open the mesh files, not the recolours.

You are amazing, thank you so much!