Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:47 PM
Default Small adult dog flag not working
I wanted to get dogs to be able to use the litterbox so I added the flags in SimPE and all of them work apart from small adult dog.
The option comes up for the small adult dog and they will go to use it and the animation plays of them crouching inside but they then get reset.
Is there a glitch with this or do I have to do something different for this flag?

Thanks,
Pi><ie
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:01 PM
What does the error log say?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Pi><ie : 16th Oct 2017 at 9:01 PM.
It doesn't create an error but I forced one and it creates a very long log of seemingly unrelated text.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 6:52 PM
Hmm - if they appear to reset but there isn't actually a reset happening, then it sounds like the exit animation (and other exit code) has been skipped for some reason. Have you got any errant returns in the interaction?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:03 PM
I don't know where to find that. I have attached the file if it would be easier for you to look.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  litterbox.rar (68.8 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:19 PM
Yeah, I can't see any way that could happen. Are you sure you had testingcheats enabled when you were testing the object?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:04 AM
I've tried with both cheats and no cheats with the same result. I also tried to make the scratch post usable by dogs and the small adult dog had no issues with it.
just a girl
#8 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM
When I have a hard time figuring out the source of mysterious issue, I do this. 1) force an error on a sim (a dog in your case) at the closest moment to the problem -- like just right before I expect a reset -- to see how far the sim went in the interaction and to have at least an approximate piont in code to start digging. 2) change the code to make suspicious lines return errors to see if they will be executed. 3) insert debug dialogs in the interaction's code -- messages for myself in game (this is time consuming, but sometimes is the best way).
Maybe you could do #1 and see where it gets you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:18 PM
Thanks, and is there a way of checking the code for this item?
just a girl
#10 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:46 PM
That would be in the Action BHAV of the interaction you modified.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Pi><ie : 16th Oct 2017 at 9:02 PM.
I'm not having any luck with that. I don't even know what I'm looking for but thank you for your response.

Do you know how to commit to editing the bhav files in the "view bhav" window?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 1:03 AM
You can't - which is good, because they're often in your objects.package and committing them would corrupt your game! If you want to edit those BHAVs, you'll need to use the "Import SemiGlobal" function in (I think?) the Object Creation Tools menu.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:54 AM
It's under object tools but which semi global file do I pick? What does it mean?
just a girl
#14 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:01 AM
When you in a "view bhav" window, is there a button at the bottom right called "Import unchanged"? It may be an easier way to get it into your package to fiddle with.

If you're doing it from import semiglobals window, pick LitterBoxGlobals, then untick all the files, find and tick your BHAV (by the name and number), then import. You'll see it in your package.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:32 AM
The semiglobal is the BHAV - so you would pick the one with the same name as the one you were looking at in the "View BHAV" window.

(Import unchanged is also useful, but be aware that you can also import globals with it in which case you'd need to edit the BHAV to be private, otherwise it'll override default game behaviour. If it's in the semiglobal list, I'd use that first - if not, importing is the way to go!)

just a girl
#16 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:49 AM
You're right, Nysha. I think, "view bhav" window also lets you to "Import as private", but not always.
Although, Pi><ie's file is not a private clone, it's an edit to in-game litter box. Is that intentional, Pi><ie?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 12:49 PM
Yes as I want it to just overwrite it but I don't know how to create a private clone.

In the BHAV view window it only lets me import to package.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:18 PM
In order to turn it into a private BHAV, you'll have to
1. Change the group to 0xFFFFFFFF
2. Change the instance to one higher than the current highest BHAV instance in your package (so if the BHAVs in your package are 1003, 1004 and 1005, you'd change the new BHAV's instance to 1006)
3. Change all the references in your object's BHAVs to point to your private 'clone', not to the original

just a girl
#19 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:40 PM
Decide, whether you want it to overwrite or be a private clone.
1. If you want to change in-game litter box (overwrite), delete from your package all the resources you don't need and haven't changed. Leave only those that you've changed, for example, TTAB and Action BHAV of the "Use" interaction.
2. If you want to create a standalone clone of the litter box that would be separate and have a custom star in game, I'd reclone it in Object Workshop with "set custom group id" setting.
I wouldn't recomend putting in your downloads the whole file you uploaded in post #5 of this thread.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:28 AM
Do be careful, though, because depending on which BHAV you're editing, an override might affect more than just litterboxes.