Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:52 AM
Default moving the bounding box
My mesh has to be on the very edge of the green placement square, but the object's bounding mesh is in the middle of square. Is it possible to move the bounding mesh to the edge? This isn't the situation where the mesh subsets aren't in the bounding box, so reimporting the mesh won't help.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:07 AM
Without knowing any of the specifics you might need to edit the cres. Take a look at the last bit of numenor's tutorial for reducing the footprint and see if that helps: http://modthesims.info/t/242079
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:24 AM
Have you tried clearing the bounding box in the GMDC?
If you have no clue what I'm talking about, I can't explain at the moment but Google should fill you in.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:11 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I just tried the idea about the cres, but unfortunately, it didn't work, and the grabby part remained in the center of the square. My object has joints so the game will crash if I clear the bounding box in the GDMC. What I did was to reimport the mesh, making sure the bounding box option was clicked.

If specifics will help, I attached some pictures. It's the playpen from TS3 broken into pieces so that it can be modular. The object itself allows object and Sim intersection, and I'm planning to pair it with an invisible fence and gate. The blue section is jointed because some of the toys move.

On a different topic, it's good to see you around MLC. Someone quoted your post about your surgery over in the main TS2 discussion section. I hope things are going well for you.
Screenshots
Theorist
#5 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:32 AM
I think it's because the shape of the mesh. You can try taking off the side piece (just leaving the back) and seeing if that fixes it and then you'd know for sure at least. Sorry I couldn't help but good luck with your project - it looks amazing.

Also, :lovestruc you MLC! Hope you're doing well.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:45 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
just a girl
#7 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 11:35 AM
I had the same problem with a bed, and could't solve it. Cool object, omglo! Are you using Blender? I've heard this problem occurs when you make/edit jointed objects in Blender. This was the case for me.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:30 PM
I think you can clear the bounding box then replace (not import) the GMDC. Or is it clear and then rebuild model? Wish I could think better right now, lol.

OMG, simsample is so sweet! Thanks to them and thank you for the well wishes here! <3
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM
Lamare, yes, I initially placed the joints in milkshape, then I did some further editing in Blender.

MLC, you mean clear the bounding box and rebuild model. I'll try doing that and replacing the GMDC.

Fortunately, while the current situation isn't ideal, the object is simple enough that it will still work. It'll just be more fiddly than I'd like it to be.
just a girl
#10 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:02 PM
I wonder if splitting jointed part and frame into separate groups and importing them into separate GMDCs would help. It might improve clickable area, at least somewhat.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:41 PM
Hmm, maybe. I'll try it this weekend.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but my GMDC tools for Blender automatically generate a bounding mesh from the actual meshes in the proper location.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 6:37 AM
I actually tried that the other day, but while importing went great, I couldn't get the export function to work. So I used the .obj exporter and reassigned the joints in milkshape. I was planning to mention that over on your thread once I solved this other issue.