Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Aquagloups : 9th Aug 2018 at 9:24 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Default Deco counter mapping/meshing [UPDATE]
Hi ! I'm having trouble with a deco counter (no animations, cloned from a sculpture). It is mostly a matter of skills or knowledge I don't have...
When in game, the texture looks fine at some places (like the doors or handles) but at other, it has an ugly shadowing. I know it comes from the many faces of the mesh itself, but what I can't figure out is how to remove them all and have single smooth planes instead of billions of small parts. I'm working with Wings 3D, by the way.
The mesh is made out of the base game Krampft Industries Value Counter and CTNutmegger matching wall cabinet.

I'm humbly asking for help, if anyone out there wishes to give a hand !
The mesh is attached.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  valueaddon.zip (24.6 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 12:58 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
In Wings select the mesh, right click, choose the triangle for selecting all lines, scroll to Hardness, choose Hard. This should fix the normals.

That worked very well ! thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 9:18 AM
Hi, it's me again. I'm making some progress, but there are still a few things... and odd ones.

The mesh is slave to the Krampft industries counter, now it does pick up all recolours fine. But what's bugging me is that the second top drawer has no "grain" at all. If you look closely, when comparing with the other parts of the objects, the colour is here, but it is completely smooth (It is way more obvious with the wood recolour I included in the zip file).
Any ideas about what could be the problem here ?

(If you tested the object in game, you may have noticed that it is only selectable when clicking on the handles. I think I know why, but I'm still working my way around that).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AquagloupsKitchenAddOn.zip (256.4 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 11:49 AM
How did you import the mesh? I suggest you either export everything as a GMDC, or import all parts in one go. If you import and change parts separately, only the last imported will be grabbable ingame.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
How did you import the mesh? I suggest you either export everything as a GMDC, or import all parts in one go. If you import and change parts separately, only the last imported will be grabbable ingame.

That was the problem, indeed. I must have imported only one of the parts at some point... Now you can grab it anywhere, thank you Simmer22 !