Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 5:00 PM
Default Adding slots
I added a container slot to a decorative bowl for the very first time today, and it works - Hooray!

However, I need to put the bowl on the ground to put anything in the slot. Once it is in, the bowl can be moved onto any surface without cheats.

Can anyone tell me why the slot can only be used when the bowl is on the ground?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM
Slotted objects work like that, I'm afraid. You have to put an item into the slotted object while it's on the floor, then move the object to where you want it to be. When placed on a surface (table, etc.) without anything in it, the slot in the deco object won't work.

This is quite normal, and I don't think there's a workaround. You can stack two objects, but not a third on top of them, even if all the objects have slots. If you want to stack more than two objects, you have to place one object onto another, then put the two objects onto the third, then the three objects onto a fourth, and so on. I don't think there's a set limit to how many objects you can stack this way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:13 AM
Thanks - I didn't know that.

It just shows how much decorating I normally do!