Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 5:55 AM
Compressing Files
Is there a program that can compress all my download files like we once were able too (into objects files) as my downloads folder is so packed with custom content it takes forever to load the folder. Please help me.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 6:00 AM
You... really can't do anything with the stuff in your Downloads folder to change that... besides maybe put them in subfolders if it's actually the folder in windows that's taking forever to come up. If you have long load times of the game itself... you have too much custom content, and need to do some pruning.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 3:30 AM
pruning? Wow, that will take forever...hehehe...I might try sub-folders first to see if that helps then if not, i will have to remove unused content.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 7:55 PM
WOW!Thats cool!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 10:23 PM
There is the Compressorizer! by JFade. But, it does not play well with Delphy's Download Organizer..so I've heard. A lot of people are using it. I would suggest you read the thread and ask questions in that forum.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8316.0.html

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 3:51 AM
I've had no problems with the both of those. Just my 2 cents.

*Newness coming.....*
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 6:41 AM
The compressorizer will shrink your files in size, but it won't really help with load times. If disk space is a problem, it's useful, but otherwise, it's not really going to speed up your game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.