Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrokenLit
The other threads don't have broken image links beside them or anything, it's just blank.
I checked this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=134830
And all the test links work fine. As I said above, it's not all thumbnails

I am having a similar issue with the thumbnails on the downloads. Thumbnails are all hit and miss. They aren't showing as x's, so you can't "click here to show photo". They are simply big empty blank spaces where the thumbnails should be. There will be a few that show, then maybe 4 that won't, then one or two that will again, then one that won't...you get the idea. There isn't a pattern to it. They were working correctly before this latest update. I am running IE6 if that helps at all.

As well, the site is much slower now for me than it was before, especially in the forums.

And did the keyword beta search get rolled in with the regular search box on the left? I rather liked having the other choices of search boxes listed there, it was simple to use that way, and I'm confused as to where they got put now?

Thanks,

Ivy
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#52 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 9:07 PM
Ivyleaf, see my other posts for the answer to the search. I am aware of the thumbnail issue, and the speed issues although with 2.3 - 2.5k people on all the time there isn't much I can do about it right now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 1:27 AM
cool thanks for letting us know
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#54 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 2:33 AM
Okay,

After a flash of inspiration, quite a lot of detective work and some nifty coding (along with some hair pulling moments), the site now seems to be a heck of a lot quicker... hope you like.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 8:28 AM
Good Work Delphy
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Ivyleaf, see my other posts for the answer to the search. I am aware of the thumbnail issue, and the speed issues although with 2.3 - 2.5k people on all the time there isn't much I can do about it right now.

Delphy,
Did you mean this one: "Added Search Downloads (linking to the Beta Search) to the Search dropdown in the navbar"?

Does that mean it's invisible to us now in the dropdown search area and that's why I'm not actually seeing it? My apologies for being so dense...

Okay, cool, glad to know you're aware of the thumbnail issue. Thanks for checking into it.

And yes, the speed has seemed much faster now. I hadn't been on to check it since I posted figuring it would take some time to sort out. Thank you so much for that detective work It is much appreciated!

Ivy
Scholar
#57 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 11:19 PM
Sounds good, Delphy!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Page 3 of 3