Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#76 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:35 AM
mariomaster101:
I would suggest you keep an eye out on this thread at the official sims 3 forums to find out more about the limited edition.

SimGuruSemedi (Graham) has been replying to the thread, but even then, it seems like it's just speculation at the moment.

For the wardrobe, I would love to see little pet sweaters. Even though we don't have weather, it would still be cute to see.

Hopefully they have cat leashes as well as dog leashes too.

Edit: I know. I would love to have a little pet purse for both criminal and rich sims. Hopefully it will be possible to create in the future. :P
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:39 AM
They need to give serious thought to making ponies as well as horses. Most "horsey" families ride together.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Instructor
#78 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:45 AM
I hope they got rid of that necessity that the stray animals had to randomly dig up my lawn on a daily basis. I won't put up with that shit again, no ma'am.
Forum Resident
#79 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:09 AM
That's what I'm really worried about: they already mentioned dogs being able to dig and I had enough of that from the Sims 2. It's what eventually caused me to uninstall the EP. I'd really rather they didn't do that again.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Instructor
#80 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:14 AM
I'm not quite sure, but didn't the Sims 1 Unleashed have a sign that Sims could put on their lawns that deterred strays from their lot? Hopefully this expansion will have something similar because dogs digging up lawns was massively annoying. >:c
Forum Resident
#81 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
That's what I'm really worried about: they already mentioned dogs being able to dig and I had enough of that from the Sims 2. It's what eventually caused me to uninstall the EP. I'd really rather they didn't do that again.

That annoyed me too. I ended up just moving all my sims in apartments so they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Also, as someone said earlier, I hope there isn't a massive spawn of stray animals and wild animals.
If they bring werewolves back (hopefully), I hope it won't be like the late night vampires where I just leave my computer for one minute, and the next minute all the sims in the town are vampires.
Although, Twallan's mods fixed the celebrity and vampire problem so I am not as worried about the werewolves getting out of hand.
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:21 AM
I have a few thoughts on horses...excited, since it is brand new to the series (As in, a new pet...obviously they have had dogs, cats, etc. before, but never horses), but I have a few concerns...First and foremost, it's going to look just utterly stupid to see people trotting around the city streets of Bridgeport on a horse. EA hopefully will include a way to filter idiot NPC choices of horses as transportation. Some towns, like Riverview, seem made for horses, but others, namely bridgeport, probably won't get anything good out of this feature. Unfortunately, this is the exact sort of thing EA will screw up on, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is left to the online community to insure.

Also, I assume werewolves will be the choice occult for this EP. However if they included a pet occult, like a unicorn, or pegasus or something along those lines. I don't know how it would work, but it might be interesting. Chances are, if EA doesn't somebody else will make their own. I can just imagine how many custom "unicorn" breeds will be available for download.

I am hoping these pets can go off the roads. It would be much quicker in towns like Riverview to use horses, since Riverview has a lot of big fields which cars can't cut through, resulting in taking the roads to get around them. Sometimes, especially when looking for RGMs, I find my sim jumping out of his car and running for an in-game hour or two just to get through a field with something spawned in the middle. With a horse, it would allow a lot of off-road shortcuts, provided it isn't restricted to roads...

Finally, if horses can breed, then you can get ponies! I'm not one for the "awww! how fluffy-wuffy adorable!" aspect of Pets, but I know a lot of younger gamers might buy the game just for the cute ponies. Since IMO, Pets seems to be largely serving a more casual group of gamers, I think ponies might be a good selling point.

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Theorist
#83 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:32 AM
Quote:
Since IMO, Pets seems to be largely serving a more casual group of gamers, I think ponies might be a good selling point.

Are you saying that the other EPs appeal to the "hard core" simmers?

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#84 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mariomaster101

Also, I assume werewolves will be the choice occult for this EP. However if they included a pet occult, like a unicorn, or pegasus or something along those lines. I don't know how it would work, but it might be interesting. Chances are, if EA doesn't somebody else will make their own. I can just imagine how many custom "unicorn" breeds will be available for download.

If there is something similar to the accessory system in Sims 3, it would be possible to make both wings and a horn to make a combination of a Pegasus/Unicorn. I remember in Sims 2, someone made these wings for the cats and dogs, so it might be possible to do again for Sims 3 Pets.

I am hoping these pets can go off the roads. It would be much quicker in towns like Riverview to use horses, since Riverview has a lot of big fields which cars can't cut through, resulting in taking the roads to get around them. Sometimes, especially when looking for RGMs, I find my sim jumping out of his car and running for an in-game hour or two just to get through a field with something spawned in the middle. With a horse, it would allow a lot of off-road shortcuts, provided it isn't restricted to roads...

I would love this as well. It would be great for historical towns. In the trailer, it looks like you can go off the road with the horses, but it might be staged.
It would also be interesting to have horse competitions or carriages as well.

Finally, if horses can breed, then you can get ponies! I'm not one for the "awww! how fluffy-wuffy adorable!" aspect of Pets, but I know a lot of younger gamers might buy the game just for the cute ponies. Since IMO, Pets seems to be largely serving a more casual group of gamers, I think ponies might be a good selling point.

Also having kids be able to ride them would be a good selling point.
Forum Resident
#85 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:33 AM
Yes! They'll have dachshunds! I'm totally sold.

Darn you, EA!!!!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:37 AM
. Since IMO, Pets seems to be largely serving a more casual group of gamers,.

On the contrary, I feel pets serve a special niche of people who wants them quite badly.
I come from a place where 90% of the populace does not have 4 legged pets. For those who were never crazy about any particular aspect of pets. This EP might not add a great deal of depth to their playstyle.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:51 AM
Don't panic guys, I asked Club Crimsyn a while ago to make a unicorn horn for the horses, and I'll remind them when it comes out.

I had this great line about the Grim Reaper on the horse and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse when I came here, only to find out that someone *cough*Charity*cough* had beat me too it.

Annnnddd I want a pet skunk.
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:02 AM
A job they could include for a dog would be in the police as a police dog. You could then have a sim in the police as a dog handler with a police dog partner for chasing crims. It could also include a police dog van vehicle to drive around and a police dog training area. Also a job for horses in cities like bridgeport could be mounted police on horses as there are in some real cities.
Forum Resident
#89 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:12 AM
I, too, hope they include pet clothes, because my dachshund LOVES wearing clothes.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. But she honestly does. We got her when she was almost two, and were given a sweater, along with her other things. She goes apesh** bonkers when we get out her sweater. Jumping, dancing, just the happiest thing. She's so excited, and yet she'll practically launch herself into the sweater, she's so glad to put it on. She also gets excited when we give her a new collar or harness.

So, yeah... good times. Pets clothes, please!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:37 AM
I'm pretty excited about this EP, I have to say! Just had a thought... Since obviously cats and dogs can breed like in TS2, that means horses should be able to aswell. Ponies, aww cute!

19 - Female - Australia
Instructor
#91 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
I'm not quite sure, but didn't the Sims 1 Unleashed have a sign that Sims could put on their lawns that deterred strays from their lot? Hopefully this expansion will have something similar because dogs digging up lawns was massively annoying. >:c

Yes, Sims 1 had a "Stray Away" sign that I kept hoping would be implemented for Sims 2, but it never was, that I'm aware of. I found that fencing and creative use of hills and valleys prevented the wolves from digging up my yards all the time. I never had any trouble with anything but the wolves. Regular dogs wouldn't dig, they'd roll in the flower beds!

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Instructor
#92 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:19 AM
I have a few thoughts on horses...excited, since it is brand new to the series (As in, a new pet...obviously they have had dogs, cats, etc. before, but never horses), but I have a few concerns...First and foremost, it's going to look just utterly stupid to see people trotting around the city streets of Bridgeport on a horse. EA hopefully will include a way to filter idiot NPC choices of horses as transportation. Some towns, like Riverview, seem made for horses, but others, namely bridgeport, probably won't get anything good out of this feature. Unfortunately, this is the exact sort of thing EA will screw up on, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is left to the online community to insure.

Just a minor issue of accuracy. Ponies are NOT baby horses. They are a species unto themselves. Baby horses are known as foals. As I have been a rider/owner/horsefreak for over 40 years, I felt that this misconception needed to be clarified.

Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:59 AM
5th EP in and I'm still not too thrilled. Bleh.

I'll be patiently waiting on my Seasons remake.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:16 PM
... and Death rides up on his white horse 'Binky'.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:22 PM
i am not too amused with the title.. calling it 'pets' again wasn't very creative. it seems like the team working on the sims now is just lacking in their ability to keep the game interesting. i just hope it's as fun as the pet expansions for the first two sims games.
Alchemist
#96 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:44 PM
Bleh!!! I'd rather have weather
Instructor
#97 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:46 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that the horses should be in a seperate EP? The dogs,cats,snakes,raccoons etc. can be in The Sims 3: Pets and The horses and riding stuff would be a part of a new ep called The Sims 3: Saddle Up!

But in all actuality, I do understand why they want a full Animals EP, I'm guessing an EP devoted just to horses may be too........feminine. But thats not true, tons of guys ride! In fact, on that one sims 2 riding story (with the Dragonslave horse statues,saddle osmp and riding posebox) that I discontinued, the main character was based off of a friend of mine! and he's a guy on the freakin lacrosse team.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:48 PM
at least i can make a cowboy :p
Instructor
#99 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
at least i can make a cowboy :p

I swear if the horses can only be ridden by girls in the game, I will personally go to every single EA executive and shove a riding crop up all their asses.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#100 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
Am I the only one that thinks that the horses should be in a seperate EP? The dogs,cats,snakes,raccoons etc. can be in The Sims 3: Pets and The horses and riding stuff would be a part of a new ep called The Sims 3: Saddle Up!

But in all actuality, I do understand why they want a full Animals EP, I'm guessing an EP devoted just to horses may be too........feminine. But thats not true, tons of guys ride! In fact, on that one sims 2 riding story (with the Dragonslave horse statues,saddle osmp and riding posebox) that I discontinued, the main character was based off of a friend of mine! and he's a guy on the freakin lacrosse team.

Horses are not feminine.

A horse EP would not sell. There is nothing to warrant a singular EP devoted around 1 animal. EA can't keep pumping Out Sims Expansions for too many years on end. The need to start the next one eventually. They need to choose wisely, and there is NOTHING a horse racing game can do that a Pets EP isn't able to do. Allbeit, lets course and tracks, breeds, and what not, but still.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA lets us bet of horse racing. >_>

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Locked thread
Page 4 of 100