Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 1:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do you create .package files?
I have a ton of custom content, particularly the .sims3pack variation, and would like to gather them into .package files to ease the load on my computer. How does one make .package files?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 3:35 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

• Sims 3 - Freezes and Lags
    If you encounter any freezes or lags in gameplay, try the suggestions in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki.
    If issue persists, please provide the answers to the questionnaire when you post in the Help forum.

I think you may be confused on the reason for your lag. Too many .package files will cause lag. Are you sure that your computer is strong enough?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 8:20 PM
I'm pretty sure. Sims 3 is the only game that lags. I play most recent PC games with no problem on high. (and oddly enough, Sims 3 runs better with all settings maxed for me) Removing all of the sims3pack custom content speeds up the game so I need a way to squish them all into package files.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 12:24 AM
Hi, this tutorial may be helpful.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 2:51 AM
sims3packs when installed by the launcher or combined into either ebc or dbc files depending on whether they are store or non store files. You can merge package files along the same line with S3PE to help minimize lag. Whether you install the sims3packs and combine to ebc or dbc or extract them into package files and combine, really wont make much difference. There is also the drawback of having to use s3rc/decrap on store sims3pack extracted packages to make them useable in the mods/packages folder. Doing so makes them show up as regular CC and not Store Content.