Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#76 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:54 AM
I never owned a vacation home ... Maybe I just didn't explore the EP enough. The laggy hotels freaked me out and turned me off.

Beach lots in TS3 look nice, but aren't swimmable-in. oh well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 22nd May 2009 at 5:12 PM
I definitely want the ocean to be swimmable because it really makes the beach pointless to exist other than for screen shots and stories and even then you can't have swimming photos. I'm almost positive they will make it swimmable (you can just tell it's ready for it for the future) and when they do, I hope we get more in-water interactions other than swimming like water tag, splashing, and maybe evil Sims can push down the heads of other Sims under water, but no drowning of course, just as a quick bullying type of thing. But this probably won't be for a work EP.
Alchemist
#78 Old 22nd May 2009 at 8:40 PM
You can fish in the ocean, so it does provide some interaction. You're right though, it's totally ready to allow a Sim in it.

You can do different things in pools now like a breath holding contest and some other things... forget what exactly. But I imagine EA could just put the options into the ocean when they get around to it. Maybe they won't screw it up, either. You never know...!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 22nd May 2009 at 9:11 PM
I hope we get an EP that introduces zombies as the supernatural creature. (Are we going to get supernatural creatures in sims 3? I know that one guy (Humble?) really doesn't like them, and it sounded like he was trying to stop them from being included in the game. I hope we do get more, 'cause I really don't think ghosts are going to be supernaturally enough for me, judging by what we've seen so far.)

Assuming the game is modable enough to recreate the Zombie Apocalypse mod...just imagine the havoc that would cause in a completely open town. :lovestruc

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 22nd May 2009 at 11:42 PM
Coltraz, I forgot about fishing! Okay, so maybe beaches aren't pointless but the water is so real-looking it just screams "come swin in me!"

Oh, and your avatar Sim is one hot and manly Sim!

CeJaye, we are having playable ghosts as the base game creature and it is likely that we will be getting more creatures. After all, there is also a vampire fish in the base game, though, it's not really playable. But that just shows that they are still open to the idea of creatures. We shall see!
Forum Resident
#81 Old 23rd May 2009 at 1:18 AM
Thank you, Frankie, for making me feel a little better. I nearly had a heart attack at the thought of no creatures! Okay, so not really, but it still would have been quite upsetting.
CeJaye, where did you hear that, anyway?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#82 Old 23rd May 2009 at 2:06 AM
Well it's not official but I was just making an educated guess based on playable ghosts and vampire fish. They are not realistic so I don't see why creatures shouldn't exist. If anything, I can see the vampire fish as a cool way to become vampires in another EP, that way we won't have to be stuck with vampires in our town UNLESS we chose to have them from getting bitten by this fish. Just like with playable ghosts, they are only playable when you take their tomb (is it the tomb?) to the science lab for an experiment or something... ah, I forget but something like that.
Forum Resident
#83 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:07 AM
Even so, your reminder has given me hope. Didn't know that last bit about the ghosts though!
Test Subject
#84 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:33 AM
I dont care what we get as long as it does not involve either Magic or University

To be honest i would prefer something totally different rather than starting off with a rehash

I love Nightlife and Seasons though in Ts2 with Seasons being my favourite but as always whatever they chiose will please many and displease others
Instructor
#85 Old 23rd May 2009 at 5:52 AM
You've hit the nail right on the head with that statement Celestra. No matter what theme they choose for an EP, some will love it, others will loathe it.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
CeJaye, where did you hear that, anyway?

I knew we were getting ghosts (and ghost babies, but I haven't seen anything about that for a while) in the base game. I don't remember where I read it, just that it was an interview with some head of something at EA (Humble, I think, maybe? Will help if I could remember the name...) who said he hates the supernatural creatures and wouldn't include them if he had his way. I'll see if I can find the article. Probably he was joking, don't worry.

I do think it's odd they aren't including aliens with the base game, (they aren't, right? I've heard that it's been confirmed, but I haven't actually seen where everyone has heard that,) as that seems like a standard thing to have. Ghosts just don't have the same supernatural feel to them. Of course, from what I've read, genetics are now kinda funny and alien genes probably won't work as well in sims 3 as they do in 2.

Oh, and for an EP I wouldn't want...pets. Unless they find a way to make them more useful/less annoying.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#87 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:50 AM
The only BV remake I would like to see, is where you could visit your other playable cities. I think BV was very well made, a suprisingly good ep even thou I was expecting to hate it. But in the end, I use it so little. Never had a vacation home, and the number of sims that ever went to a vacation can be counted by one hand. The stuff that came with it is great thou, like the sauna, and walking to lots.

I doubt we will be getting 100% copies of existing ep:s as alot of the things that came with eps, are already in game, like gardening, beach lots, cars, walking to places and so.

I truely hope they open up the rabbit holes in the next ep. I want to see what my sims do when they go and eat out, or use the gym. The hospital can stay as a hole, don't mind that at all.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 23rd May 2009 at 1:35 PM
I hope he's joking, otherwise longtime players might start an uprising! (Anyone want to uprise with me? I'll bring juice and cookies...)

Anyway, opening the rabbit holes does seem like the next logical step for their first EP. I have a feeling players will get pretty tired pretty fast of sitting outside the building while their Sim has all of the fun inside.
And yeah, you're probably right aniradeth. The EPs will probably borrow from their predecessors, like TS2 did with 1, but I doubt they'll be exact clones especially for the reason you just mentioned.
As long as they bring weather back at some point. (Dead horse, I know.)
Has anyone seen the vid someone posted of a day/night transition in the game? How you can pan up to the sky and actually see the clouds moving and the sun rising? Now imagine what they might do for weather! Snow skies, storm clouds... Hehe, I'm shivering just thinking about it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd May 2009 at 8:43 PM
I still remember that we were originally going to have a clothing shop rabbit hole, and this was a photo of it from March/April 2008: http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/80212...?page=mediaFull
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 23rd May 2009 at 10:16 PM
To be honest, it's pointless to have one, since we get free clothes and Sims can access it through their wardrobes. I definitely prefer that to having to go to the store and buy clothes.

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 23rd May 2009 at 10:54 PM
I understand but what would be nice is if we can have it back in the game but with exclusive meshes that aren't in CAS. Wasn't it that way in Sims 1 with either Hot Date or Super Star?
Field Researcher
#92 Old 24th May 2009 at 3:09 AM
I actually liked going to the store and buying clothes. However, when I was just starting with a family and they had no money, THEN it was annoying. I agree with Frankie, that it would be good if they kept it in, but you could buy clothes different to what you'd find in the wardrobe.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#93 Old 24th May 2009 at 3:13 AM
At least just to have a clothing store, you know? I find it a bit strange that a town has no clothing store. What about stories? Clothing stores will just complete the package... well... no, we still need nightclubs because dancing is a very common activity, and bowling, too, but I'm getting way ahead of myself here.
Theorist
#94 Old 24th May 2009 at 7:42 AM
Wellllllll, I see not having clothing stores as both good and bad. It's good because then you don't have to worry about your Sim not having clothes (I actually played TS for months before I realized they could actually use a dresser to change clothes).

On the other hand, it is a HUGE step backward in that instead of having a wardrobe with JUST the clothes you want for a particular family, it'll be back to going through every piece of clothing in your game.

Because of the pain in the rear both features caused, I hate to admit I am absolutely terrible about changing my Sims' clothes. I put them in something I really like then maybe once a Sim week have them change into something else I really like.

Perhaps having them back to TS1 style will be better than a rabbit hole, at any rate.

Frankie, I don't remember which TS1 expansion it was, but it finally allowed Sims to buy new swimwear and PJs, at least (of course they could only ever have one). I think they could buy formalwear too if I remember right. I'm thinking this may have been in Unleashed, because on release the feature was HUGELY bugged, in that they would buy the outfit but the game wouldn't save it. The reason I think it was Unleashed was because I started playing after Hot Date was released, and I remember it being a new feature with an expansion pack I bought upon its release.
Instructor
#95 Old 24th May 2009 at 3:09 PM
Buying clothes in a store was a feature added in Hot Date. SuperStar added the "Designer" rack.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 24th May 2009 at 7:18 PM
Ah yes, that's right, I remember now! "High Fashion," right? Speaking of that, if we do get more jobs in this EP, I want a modeling career, which is something TS2 never had. And you can either be a top/super model or a fashion designer (since careers can have multiple branches now).
Field Researcher
#97 Old 24th May 2009 at 8:05 PM
That sounds like a good idea Frankie.. I really liked TS1's Superstar EP.. I dont know why but I would love to see something like that redone and now with new traits, new likes in types of music and all around a more different sim personalities

I can just imagine making a Supermodel Sim and walking around the new seamless town and getting stalked by townies begging for autographs or something like that.. or have something like going "incognito" to shops and community lots so not to get noticed or have gated communities.. ok im getting too excited need to stop drinking so much coffee
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:29 AM
No, that's a great idea! After all, from the CAS screen shots I have seen a tight black turtleneck and dark shades for females, so that's a start!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:55 AM
More OFB Hints?
Okay, I know this isn't proof of anything, just pure speculation. But here is another article with Rod Humble that leaves me a bit suspicious as to whether or not the first EP will be an OFB remake or similar. There are two portions mentioning OFB.

First Mention...

Quote:
And the first one I really enjoyed, because we had some time, and did a good job, was Open for Business. With that one I just wanted to take The Sims in a whole new direction, so we literally made a gamble that you could make any kind of business - it was like a business editor.

Of course, the first thing the beta testers did was make a house of ill repute... human beings are pretty predictable... but you could do anything. I made a house that turned into a rave, and I charged people to come into the rave. But you could run a restaurant, all of these different kinds of houses and businesses. I was really happy, because I thought we'd fundamentally added with to the gameplay.

Second Mention...

Quote:
I was beta-testing Open for Business, and I was playing a family. Both parents went to work, and one of the kids had gone to school, but the teenager was left at home. I suddenly thought of something and wondered if it was possible, and sure enough - I bought the cash register and the kid ran a business where he sold all of the parents' furniture while they were at work. Then, when they came back, he'd use that money to buy himself a brand new toy.

That already makes three EA people who love OFB the most: Ben Bell, Grant Rodiek and now Rod Humble. Well, Rod didn't specifically said it was his favorite but reading between the lines could imply otherwise. Isn't that a bit odd that three EA people in a row liked OFB the most when it wasn't even the most successful EP (I thought Seasons did better)? Or maybe they are just finding a new way to give EP hints. Remember how in the beginning of Sims 2, we had the leaflets as hints. Since that is obviously not happening anymore, maybe they will start hinting through articles?

And just so you know, this isn't wishful thinking because OFB was not my favorite EP. But I also won't be upset if the first Sims 3 EP will be an OFB remake or similar. As long as they at least add some new branches to existing careers and/or new careers. Maybe throw in a piano or two. Sorry, as much as I love guitars in general, they are way too overrated of an instrument and it sucks that they are the only instrument in the game. I don't even use them all that much when I play my game because none of my Sims are rock star material. Jeez, why can't I make my Tori Amos-wannabe?

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...humble-part-two
Scholar
#100 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
Bummer...I was hoping for seasons or pets. OFB is my least favorite Sims 2 EP. Maybe I need to check out the strategy guide and play with it more. Oh well, it will be the first of many, and I will be a good Sim Stepford Goddess and provide my sims with the same advantages as my other sims in my other games.

I did notice that Sims 1 had waaay fewer EPs than Sims 2.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Page 4 of 5