Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 10:41 PM Last edited by michimska : 26th Oct 2010 at 4:50 PM.
Default New car mesh into TS3, same as TS2??
Hello people, I have modeled an Aston Martin DBR9 and I'd like to put it into the game because I'd like to give it as a Christmas gift to my niece who loves this game. I still have to downgrade the polycount but UV map is done. Which polycount is the finest???
I have seen some meshing tutorials and I have many things clear but I read something about bones and some stuff that I don't get right away,Could anyone give me some advice??? Or send me somewhere where I coulg get the info I need???

Thank you!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:25 PM Last edited by michimska : 12th Aug 2011 at 10:40 AM.
Default Finished!!!!
Hi people.... I managed to put in in game, many thanks to leosullivan who gave me some great advices to start from.

I have to give it some finishing touches but I hope you like it.
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 1:22 AM
Looking nice! So are you going to upload it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:32 AM
Of course I'll upload it but I've to finish it first!! ..... I have a problem with sun shadow, anybody can give some advice about how to create it??? Because it seems that my shadow mesh is too high and deformed......
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 5:02 PM
it's a great car, when come to download ?

Please in Packages File not in a Sims3pack File.

Greetings

Harald
#6 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 6:47 PM
Hey, looks great glad you got it in, can you show a picture of the shadow problem thanks.
Alchemist
#7 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 10:47 PM
To create the sunshadow I always just figure out how much difference there is between the size of the original clone and its sunshadow and apply that difference to my object and the new sunshadow model. To get it to sit in the correct place I move my sunshadow model to where the EA clone's sunshadow sits in MS.

But I'm guessing you've tried that already. I've run into certain objects (the EA gnome for one) that no matter what I do to the sunshadow model the new object's sunshadow will not work out right in the game. I've sort of come to think that, with some of them, the larger you make the sunshadow mesh the more closely the sunshadow approximates a large square in the game. I don't know if car clones are like that (haven't downloaded any) but I thought I'd post my findings in case they are.

The car is lovely though and I wouldn't let the sunshadow stop you from posting it even if you can't straighten out the sunshadow issue due to limitations in the clone. I think most people except for complete purists would be happy to have it as-is. Just my two cents.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:53 AM
When is this car ready to Download?

Can you give more info?

Greetings

Harald
#9 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 11:28 AM Last edited by michimska : 26th Oct 2010 at 4:51 PM.
I'm about to release it, I'm just giving it some finishing touches. And I made a convertible version too.

Is there any way to put both versions in just one sims3pack file????

Take a look

Hope you like it

One more thing.... how much would you pay for it??? I priced 125,000S for the hardtop version and 135,000S for the cabrio one... what do you think????
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:00 PM
MTS doesn't allow Sims3Pack files. You can extract the .package file from it by using this tool.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:24 PM
It's a nice Car.

Can i make for You a Testdriver for your Cars?

The Price is okay.

Greetings

Harald
#12 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 5:08 PM
Its awesome nice work :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 6:17 PM
Hi Michimska,

when come the download?

Please i like your Cars.

Please give us your Cars to Download.

Greetings

Harald
#14 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:21 PM Last edited by The_Rookie : 1st Feb 2010 at 1:57 PM.
Edit on : 01.02.2010 / 2.57pm Munich/Bavaria - Germany

Hello,

when come the Download?

Please

Greetings

Harald
#15 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:51 PM
Hi i Recall this thread.

why come the Cars to download now?

Greetings

Harald
#16 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 12:07 AM
The_Rookie, please stop bumping this thread.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:51 PM
Hello again,

I'm writing here to close this post because at the end I won't release my Aston Martin, sorry.

But for those who want one, here you can find a greater version than mine.

http://www.freshprincecreations.com...artindb9ts3.htm

Thanks for the help and have fun

Bye
Scholar
#18 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:32 PM
I definitely don't think you should not release the car because of me. Your version is much more creative than mine is, and you've spent a lot of time on it. I know no one would mind having 2 versions of a car. I say you should release it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:56 PM
Hi Fresh-Prince, thanks for the reply.

I'm not releasing mine because yours looks just perfect :P. I did this car for my niece, as a Christmas present and I put some personal stuff in it so I don't want to take the time to redo it all again.... it is not for you, it is just for being lazy :P

Now I'm in something else, I want to create a Bwan Speedster YL ( http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/index.php?title=Cars ) with a hard top and one without the soft top (cabrio), as I have noticed that some people liked mine because it has a cabrio version.

By the way, now that I have you here.... how do you do it so your cars look like silver??? :D

You have great talent.

Cheers