Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 8:45 PM
Default DDS plugin for photoshop CS5
Am I right in assuming that photoshop CS5 64bit doesn't have a dds plugin? I've browsed the net and found that only the 32bit version is workable. Even though Gimp works just fine, just checking to see if anyone found a workaround for the plugin.

edit: I hope this the right forum for this question
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 10:30 PM
It will not work with the plugins. I had the same problem and ended up instaling the CS5 32 bit program and installing the files to it now it is working fine. I guess they will not work with the 64 bit program.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 12:31 AM
aww darn it. I dont know why nvidia only made the plug in for the 32bit version. Get with the times nvidia!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 5:49 AM
All photoshops come with both versions. When your installing the plugin instead of programs(86) just use the normal programs folder. Then make sure to use the non 64 bit one when editing dds files, the exe is also in the normal programs folder so just make a shortcut.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 1:42 PM
Photoshop for Mac doesn't support DDS either, so I'm using TIFF instead:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...orkshop/id/222/

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 3:57 PM
The DDS plugin only works for 32-bit, but if You Have 64-bit Photoshop, then you ALREADY HAVE 32-BIT INSTALLED.

People tend to not realize this part, but the 64-bit installer will install both versions of Photoshop, so do make sure to check before you freak.

Just put you 8bi file in the right directory, for me it was:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats\dds.8bi

I imagine Creative Suite 5 uses the same file structure, but I don't know for certain.