Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 2:59 PM Last edited by AlexanderFebo : 22nd Feb 2013 at 7:55 PM.
Default All Spells/Powers
Hello is there's a mod what makes a all spells learned for mage/wizard i'mean all by that to have all powers from quests
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexanderFebo
Hello is there's a mod what makes a all spells learned for mage/wizard i'mean all by that to have all powers from quests

Most of the 'powers' from quests are the standard spells and using it procs the quest to do the added thing, it's not the spell itself. For example, outwith the quests inferno forest fire is just inferno, mend-friendship is just mend, there's nothing special about the spell itself it's the quest that produces that next step. I haven't tried all of them, I gave up when none of the ones I did try did anything besides the standard spell, but at that time I was looking for something that could be altered to kill a sim with the wizard, so if you had any particular quest spell in mind, let me know and I'll try it out for you when I have time.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Most of the 'powers' from quests are the standard spells and using it procs the quest to do the added thing, it's not the spell itself. For example, outwith the quests inferno forest fire is just inferno, mend-friendship is just mend, there's nothing special about the spell itself it's the quest that produces that next step. I haven't tried all of them, I gave up when none of the ones I did try did anything besides the standard spell, but at that time I was looking for something that could be altered to kill a sim with the wizard, so if you had any particular quest spell in mind, let me know and I'll try it out for you when I have time.

I haven't been able to memorize any of the spells besides the first few, just keep getting a spell preparation failure message trying to learn Flare for quest & any others I've tried to Prepare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong (only had the game a week or so). Any Idea where I should look for a fix? I've been looking but so far the older spell fix mods haven't worked, unless I was doing it wrong. I use Grim's core mod, so I have the deadly spell & have leveled my wizard with the cheat (tried level 10 and level 4, neither worked). Any ideas?
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:09 AM Last edited by BrCain2013ad : 17th Jul 2015 at 6:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BrCain2013ad
I haven't been able to memorize any of the spells besides the first few, just keep getting a spell preparation failure message trying to learn Flare for quest & any others I've tried to Prepare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong (only had the game a week or so). Any Idea where I should look for a fix? I've been looking but so far the older spell fix mods haven't worked, unless I was doing it wrong. I use Grim's core mod, so I have the deadly spell & have leveled my wizard with the cheat (tried level 10 and level 4, neither worked). Any ideas?

Uh, NEVERMIND. Answered my own question.

Took out & replaced Grim's most recent core (2.0.13.002) with the stable one (2.0.13.001) for 2.0 & was able to have my wizard memorize Flare finally from a complete spell list.

I hope this version of the core is okay, was happy with the first version until I had to use the wizard for Magic Show quest.

***FYI*** Update:
This version of Grim's core seems to work just as well, and it comes with the Deadly Arrow spell. It's nice to have the magic working, but I may have expected more out of it having played Sims 3 Supernatural.

Why isn't there a "turn into toad" spell? Etc.

Am I right?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 9:13 AM
[QUOTE=BrCain2013ad]Uh, NEVERMIND. Answered my own question.
Took out & replaced Grim's most recent core (2.0.13.002) with the stable one (2.0.13.001) for 2.0 & was able to have my wizard memorize Flare finally from a complete spell list.
/QUOTE]

There is a mod that makes all spells available right away for your wizard, and a spell fix mod, as Maxis, the developers of TSMP&N screwed up on one of the spells, giving it the exact same order of runes, as a commonly used spell. I believe Chickie is referring to the spells I am talking about, which are Friendship, and Mend. I use these two mods, and Grim's latest Core, and have never had any problems with the spells working with my wizard, or with my monarch who has wizard abilities, well, he's a wizard, too.

The names of these mods are, ShimrodsTSMWizardEasySpellsVer2.package, and spellfix.package.

This is the download link below for ShimrodsTSMWizardEasySpellsVer2, just copy it, and paste it into your web browsers address bar, and hit ENTER on your keyboard, the download will start immediately. I give this to you, so you will not need to search the site for the link:

bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=MTYzMzE1NnxiOGQ4ZTI1MHwxNDM3NDYzNjU2fDB8MjgyNDM3NA%3D%3D

Another option if you do not wish to download from the link I posted above, is below is the link for Shimrod's thread which he posted some time ago for his mod TSM Wizard Easy Spells here on MTS. He links readers to another site in which he has many of his mods posted. If you want to look at them though, you will need to join the site in order to do so, or to download them. I will tell you though that the download link I posted is clean, and I have used it for over a year in my game.

http://modthesims.info/t/439527

The spellfix mod is made by Rick, and here is the link from MTS:

http://modthesims.info/t/438251

There is a new spell in the mod which is a sim killing spell called Deadly Arrow. It may have been included with Grim's latest core as its listed in the options menu whether or not to enable sim killing in the game option menu, but if so, it works beautifully with these two mods I mention. These mods will fix the mistakes made by the developers for the wizards spells, add this new Deadly Arrow spell, which really kills the sim its cast upon, if you include Grim's latest Core, and the Easy Spells by Shimrod mod makes ALL of the spells available ALWAYS for your wizard from start level one to the end of the game....so forever. LOL Have a blast playing!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.