Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 6:53 PM
Default Store Morphs
Hi! So I'm trying to expand the wardrobe of my pregnant sims and there are some store outfits that I want to make maternity enabled. I have the basics of making base game/expansion outfits maternity enabled using Milkshape, the Mesh toolkit, and TSRW. I cannot however for the life of me figure out how to do store outfits. If anyone could give me a advice on how to do so I'd greatly appreciate it. I know that it's possible, I just don't know how to go about the steps and littlecat's tutorial that everyone links is down. Thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 7:27 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 4:23 PM
Thank you! I tried following the instructions but it said it couldn't locate my bones. Does anyone know what that means?!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 8:40 PM
What said that, and what were you trying to do at the time?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:43 PM
Sorry for the late response. Lots of testing! It was Milkshape but I've recently discovered that this is normal at the beginning. What my problem seems to be is I have understood everything in littlecat's tutorials separately and it's all worked. What I don't know how to do is relate them together. I followed the one about exporting the GEOMS from S3PE and importing them to Milkshape. All gravy. But then what? Her method with the decades dress works fine if I was actually using the decades dress morphs. But I want to modify the store clothing and everytime I try to import my WSO made in Milkshape into TSRW to edit the store clothes it gives me a fat blending import fail. If I used say the decades dress and tried to import my store wso into that it looks all wrong. So I guess I'm missing how they're related and what I do afterwards? Thank you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:18 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 27th Apr 2014 at 11:00 PM.
There's a couple of problems here. The store clothing does the morphs differently from the game clothing and most custom clothing, and TSRW can't import it correctly. I think what's happening is when you open the store package in TSRW and then import the .wso with the morphs, the store package has only the base mesh so TSRW isn't expecting a fat, etc. morph and the import fails.

You could try exporting the textures, etc., from the store package, add the pregnant morph to the WSO using Toolkit according to the tutorial, then clone a base game clothing and import everything. If you're used to TSRW this might be easiest.

Or you could try using the Toolkit Auto Tools for GEOM / Auto-create Morph Mesh to create a pregnant morph GEOM. The base will be the base mesh from the store package and you can use the reference base and morph meshes attached to this post. Do it for each lod. Then use Toolkit Package Tools / Add Morphs to Clothing/Hair. For Source, select Use GEOM Morph Meshes. Select the pregnant morph. Check the box for "Add as Morph Meshes". Then load the morph meshes you created in the last step in the slots for LOD1, LOD2, and LOD3. Click the "Add Morph to Package" button, then click "Save Package" or "Save as New Package" and "Close Package". Hopefully that will give you a working package with the pregnant morph.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  afFullBodyNudeGEOM_specialReference.zip (126.4 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:19 AM
Thank you so much! I finally figured out using the first way (exporting textures, etc with TSRW, Milkshape, and the Mesh Toolkit).