Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 9:23 AM
Default A problem with TSRW+s3pe (transparent mesh)
Honestly. I don't remember if I asked this question earlier.
I'm trying to create transparent mesh with TSRW and s3pe. I export a part of the mesh to S3PE and change the shader to 0xA7B368FB (2813552891). After that I press Commit button and save the file. Then close the s3pe. And now is the main problem. An error window pops out:

I have the latest versionsof TSRW and s3pe, edit the EA meshes from the base game. I had this problem on Windows XP and now on Windows 7.
Looking forward to help.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 9:48 AM
You can change shader without exporting, and I think it would probably be better to do so. Different shaders require different material property fields. TSRW takes care of this by offering you option to auto-change the fields, whereas S3PE simply accepts your settings and assumes you know what you are doing. If you don't change the material properties then theoretically you don't "know what you are doing" in sufficient detail :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 8:30 AM
Thanks for answer. Honestly, I can not find the option for changing shader for clothes.
I solved the problem by taking a transparent mesh by another creator.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 1st May 2014 at 12:29 AM
it is in the copying and pasting the text, works for some. Not for others....
Instead, follow this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671
You can not change shaders for clothes with tsrw.