Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2014 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Cadhlaureen : 5th May 2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: request for tutorial
Having trouble with CTU and Beards, Not Mesh related!
I've viewed the tutorial for editing eyebrows, but I've had to modify some areas. I am not using GIMP, I have photoshop and the DDS plugin for photoshop. Part of the problem is that I might be saving my DDS files in the wrong format, as the tutorial only covers formats for GIMP and I am not using gimp. This is my first time trying to make anything for the sim3.

I am trying to create a new beard by editing the goatee/chinstrap base. CTU isn't showing any beards in the 3d preview, so I'm working blind. All of the files for the beards when viewed in CTU show up as small grey white or red squares, I do not see any files that have any overlay on them in CTU. I extracted all of the files from the package to edit individually.

When I replace the files in CTU (where I think they go at least) and save it as a package file I'm not seeing any difference in my game. The new package shows up, but it is still the base chinstrap beard.

I really need some guidance on what I'm looking at in these files, and why there is no change in game. What do I save my DDS as? And why is CTU not showing beards in the 3D preview? I just get a black model for beards. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Is there a tutorial for editing beards only? I've searched, but have not been able to find anything.