Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 8:44 PM
Kids dating
hi everybody, i want know how the kids can have dating. Based on inteen3 mod i have edited the S3_0333406C_00000000_4B0FC8F0A28B12EF%%+_XML as follows

<Action>
<Key>Kiss on Cheek</Key>
<Name>KissOnCheek</Name>
<SpeechAct>BeRomanticButNotFlirty</SpeechAct>
<ActorAge>C</ActorAge>
<TargetAge>C</TargetAge>

And the same for

<Key>Hold Hands</Key>
<Key>First Kiss</Key>
<Key>Embrace</Key>
<Key>Amorous Hug</Key>
<Key>Stroke Cheek</Key>
<Key>Cuddle</Key>

And the More Children LTR and Traits mod as follows

<TraitList>
<Name>HopelessRomantic</Name>
<Description>HopelessRomanticDescription</Description>
<ShortDescription>HopelessRomanticShortDescription</ShortDescription>
<Hex>HopelessRomantic</Hex>
<AgeVisible>Child</AgeVisible>

is that i have changed but doesn't work I must do something else? cansomeone help please thanks
Advertisement
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#2 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pluks
hi everybody, i want know how the kids can have dating.
(...)is that i have changed but doesn't work I must do something else? cansomeone help please thanks

I beleive there is code within in the core itself that prevents this, and you would have to create a core mod to fix.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
I beleive there is code within in the core itself that prevents this, and you would have to create a core mod to fix.

thanks snaitf but im really rookie , i dont know much about,
I have some questions which an where is that file and how edit it thanks
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 11:39 PM
There is also the problem that the animations for doing this likely do not exist and therefore, your kids will end up deformed like aliens while doing this, making this look horrifically creepy and far from "cute".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 1:12 AM
This is where you start for making core mods: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354419

However, you should know that currently, core mods are not compatible with each other, unless you go to the trouble to make them compatible using Morgade's mod merger: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354748 . That means that many people won't use your mod, since they likely already have another core mod installed.

Core modding is a very technical area and those who have made core mods generally have some programming background. If the links I gave you above make sense to you, though, feel free to leap in
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 2:38 AM
Thanks Srikandi and J. M. Pescado and everyone

It seems more difficult than I had imagined , anyway i will have a look about, thanks to everyone for their help, maybe later the kids might have dating
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pluks
hi everybody, i want know how the kids can have dating. Based on inteen3 mod i have edited the S3_0333406C_00000000_4B0FC8F0A28B12EF%%+_XML as follows

<Action>
<Key>Kiss on Cheek</Key>
<Name>KissOnCheek</Name>
<SpeechAct>BeRomanticButNotFlirty</SpeechAct>
<ActorAge>C</ActorAge>
<TargetAge>C</TargetAge>

And the same for

<Key>Hold Hands</Key>
<Key>First Kiss</Key>
<Key>Embrace</Key>
<Key>Amorous Hug</Key>
<Key>Stroke Cheek</Key>
<Key>Cuddle</Key>

And the More Children LTR and Traits mod as follows

<TraitList>
<Name>HopelessRomantic</Name>
<Description>HopelessRomanticDescription</Description>
<ShortDescription>HopelessRomanticShortDescription</ShortDescription>
<Hex>HopelessRomantic</Hex>
<AgeVisible>Child</AgeVisible>

is that i have changed but doesn't work I must do something else? cansomeone help please thanks

I need more help . Like where are the sites I can go to , to get this things for I can do it . So instructions so please help .