Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:00 AM
Default Replacing moodlet thumbnail - disappears instead...
As you know, I personally hate the "Disgusted" moodlet's current icon of a furiously grimacing face. I want to move that to "Appalled" and replace "Disgusted"'s thumbnail with the one for the chew motive for dogs (the tipped-over trash can) - which I find to be both more appropriate for a reaction to a plate of spoiled food or a pile of trash, and less of an eyesore. So, I switched the thumbnail filenames in the Buffs.xml file.

But, when I tested it by firing up testingcheatsenabled and zeroing out the hygiene of one Sim to get the other Sim to get this moodlet, the moodlet's icon is blank.. Is this because of some way the moodlet icons are loaded?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:29 AM
Did neither one of them show up? What exactly did you change in the Buffs.xml?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 5:16 AM
I did not test the Appalled moodlet.

Here's my change:

<BuffList>
<Hex>Disgusted</Hex>
<BuffName>Disgusted</BuffName>
<BuffDescription>DisgustedDescription</BuffDescription>
<ThumbFilename>w_knock_over_garbage_can</ThumbFilename>
<AxisEffected>Uncomfortable</AxisEffected>
<EffectValue>-5</EffectValue>
<TimeoutLength>10</TimeoutLength>
<FacialIdle>FacialDisgust</FacialIdle>
<ShowBallon>False</ShowBallon>
<NeededTraitForRobot>SentienceChip, HumanEmotionChip, CleanerChip</NeededTraitForRobot>
</BuffList>

I also replaced the balloon for the Disgusted moodlet similarly.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 2:20 PM
I noticed that the buffs that use that thumbnail have an entry: <SKU>EP5</SKU>
Maybe you need to include that.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 1:37 AM
Thanks, I added the EP5 SKU tag and the knocked-over trash can icon showed up.

I didn't need to add anything to the Appalled moodlet because it already used a base-game icon even though it was a Late Night moodlet.

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:33 AM
So it's working? Cool.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]