Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 6:35 AM Last edited by alphadog : 4th Jun 2014 at 7:25 AM.
Making a new default werewolf body?
I'm new to modding and I know this is a rather ambitious project. I plan on doing smaller projects to build the skills for this one, the problem is since I don't know what I will need for my main goal project, I don't know what to focus on. I've read many of the tutorials but haven't seen anything that seems to tackle the idea of what I want to do, granted since I'm a newb I could just be missing it.

Anyway. I know this is a hell of a question but I'd really appreciate a point in the right direction. Honestly right now I'd be happy with a wolf body that doesn't have too much trouble with default animations. I'm hoping that I'm making this more complicated than it actually is, and that it's really just a detailed custom mesh

This is what I want to end up with eventually:
-A default werewolf body that appears naked and furry like an animal, more like Underworld or Skyrim than Teen Wolf
-The werewolf form to only appear when transformed and in transform CAS
-The werewolf to use default animations without god-awful clipping (Some is fine. I'm not picky right now.)
-Werewolves have unique coloring (but not be totally funky for NPC werewolves, I don't want any blue and green ones running around without player say-so)
-The werewolf skin to have 3 color channels for customization
-The ability/prompt to pick these colors on first transformation, and whenever the player wants to change them
-The ability of the player to modify with sliders for snout length, muscles, etc, also on first transformation and whenever

Questions:
-Is this a feasible project? I know there are tutorials on things like modifiers and colors, but would they work with this project?
-Would I want to edit clothing items and somehow link them to the werewolf state, or would I be better changing the body itself? I'm thinking the latter, but how would I get rid of clothes and link the unique bodies to the individual werewolves, and also still keep their human form? If the former, how do I keep NPCs from wearing random wolf parts and how would the individuals be customized with sliders?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alphadog
I'm new to modding and I know this is a rather ambitious project. I plan on doing smaller projects to build the skills for this one, the problem is since I don't know what I will need for my main goal project, I don't know what to focus on. I've read many of the tutorials but haven't seen anything that seems to tackle the idea of what I want to do, granted since I'm a newb I could just be missing it.

Anyway. I know this is a hell of a question but I'd really appreciate a point in the right direction. Honestly right now I'd be happy with a wolf body that doesn't have too much trouble with default animations. I'm hoping that I'm making this more complicated than it actually is, and that it's really just a detailed custom mesh

This is what I want to end up with eventually:
-A default werewolf body that appears naked and furry like an animal, more like Underworld or Skyrim than Teen Wolf
-The werewolf form to only appear when transformed and in transform CAS
-The werewolf to use default animations without god-awful clipping (Some is fine. I'm not picky right now.)
-Werewolves have unique coloring (but not be totally funky for NPC werewolves, I don't want any blue and green ones running around without player say-so)
-The werewolf skin to have 3 color channels for customization
-The ability/prompt to pick these colors on first transformation, and whenever the player wants to change them
-The ability of the player to modify with sliders for snout length, muscles, etc, also on first transformation and whenever

Questions:
-Is this a feasible project? I know there are tutorials on things like modifiers and colors, but would they work with this project?
-Would I want to edit clothing items and somehow link them to the werewolf state, or would I be better changing the body itself? I'm thinking the latter, but how would I get rid of clothes and link the unique bodies to the individual werewolves, and also still keep their human form? If the former, how do I keep NPCs from wearing random wolf parts and how would the individuals be customized with sliders?

Thanks!

Basically, you want only a default replacement of the skin tone. I don´t know how to get the original textures and modify it. You can ask to a CAS creator like Aikea Guinea or other. Sincerely, I´m not sure. But I think your project can be possible.

I wait your mod! For other question, ask me If you want. Also, you can check the CAS Forum and tutorials.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 3:27 PM
-I don't think there's an EA default werewolf body as such. My feeling is that there's a hidden werewolf facial morph, but I've been unable to find it. The body seems unchanged when the werewolf transforms, but of course some different animations are used.
-See above.
-See above.
-I don't think there's a default werewolf skin, but there are custom skins that can be applied to the werewolf form in CAS and the werewolf will change to them when transformed. This has to be done for each individual.
-Skins have no ability to have color channels the way clothing does.
-See above.
-The werewolf form can be customized in CAS. If you want CAS to pop up when a werewolf first transforms, you'd have to write a mod to replace the transform interaction. Editing in CAS can be done manually using NRaas Master Controller.

To try to answer your questions:
Parts of what you're proposing are already available. A more wolf-like body would be a challenge - one possibility is a slider to be used in the wolf form but affecting the body. Another might be to create a separate body (which would be CAS clothing) and write a script to change werewolves into it when they transform, which could also remove the human clothing. Since you can't edit clothing or accessories in CAS for werewolf form, I don't know how you'd customize it, though. But at least you could make it non-random so NPCs and townies wouldn't show up in it.

I don't know the details of how werewolves work so I can't really say what would be best or even feasible.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4