Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 3:45 AM
Default Townie Romance!!
Is it possible for townies to develop relationships by themselves? I know there's no story progression so I think what just happened to me is quite odd...

My sim was a romance sim (till I changed aspirations to pleasure) and she rolled a want to flirt. I had no one near me and while I intended for my sim to be straight but her female dorm mate was close to her so they flirted and later fell in love. The stupid dormie rejected our woo-hoo attempts so I bought a love potion. Since my sim had a gender preference for females all the other girls in the dorm were attracted to her too, which made them have a preference for women too. So anyways after the potion wore off the dormie I dated was being really annoying and rejecting our kisses and such. I argued with her till our relationship was low enough to break up, but it never happened such she kept going to classes and such. I was eating in the cafeteria and this other girl in the dorm (and this works well since I always pretended they hated each other but their relationship was at 0!) started FLIRTING with the sim I dated! Instantly my sim hated them both (which is good since it did the breaking up for me ) and then later I see my sim's ex going into the other girl's dorm. I click buy mode and I see them KISSING! Later on I see the little hearts above their heads, which would mean either crushing or in love (idk which). This was kinda long but....

Is this normal? I've never seen it and I was amazed! I have no mods, since my last game got corrupted and I've been to lazy to put my old downloads folder back is so no "autonomous casual romance" or anything.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:17 AM
I've actually wondered lately if it was possible. I had a sim influence his townie friend to flirt with another townie, but the flirt was rejected. lol Guess I'll need to experiment a bit more.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:23 AM
I have ACR, and I've had Goopy GilsCarbo autonomously kissing other townies and even once public woohooing on a bench. To be fair, my game's heavily modded.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:26 AM
I think this is normal, as I've had it happen quite a few times, although to be honest I've my game modded so far up the wazoo I no longer remember what's vanilla game behaviour and what isn't.

Gavin Newson just started Uni, and I decided to have him throw a party so he could make some new friends and get to know the lovely ladies of SSU. Unfortunately none of them seemed interested in him, and at one point he was off by himself in the corner, playing chess and looking forlorn, while all around him there were Dormies getting freaky with each other. But hey, Gavin got another logic point by the end of the night, so the party wasn't a complete disaster...
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I have ACR, and I've had Goopy GilsCarbo autonomously kissing other townies and even once public woohooing on a bench. To be fair, my game's heavily modded.

^This right here. I don't think I've ever played vanilla...I may make a folder for vanilla...I dunno lol

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:58 AM
I don't have ACR, and it happens occasionally. Usually with dormies, probably because the same dormies appear on lots and in dorms again and again, whereas townies are more spread out. Also, the playables looking for love tend to get them conditioned to flirt.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 5:00 AM
I don't have ACR, will never get it, and yes..Townies might get crushes, fall in love etc. It only takes 70 in both sims to reach this, and if you play on community lots a lot, or appartments, the same townies will meet again and again. Depending on turn ons/aspirations and such, it is quite possible that some like eachother.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 9:10 AM
As far as I can tell, it only happens if the townie in question has a sexual orientation that isn't 0/0. Because your sim flirted with or checked out the others, they gained a (very small, originally) predisposition towards women, which enabled them to start flirting with each other.

With mods like ACR, it's far more likely to happen, of course, since it's pretty much the point of ACR to make romantic actions autonomous.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 1:51 PM
I have ACR and, while playing in a apartment lot, there are two townies (all the people next door are townies) who lived in separeted apartments and, when out, I usually only saw they making out in every corner of the building, including in the family's apartament once.

But, as has been said, I think it's also possible without ACR if the townies have gender preferences.

Most townies are "neutral" by default, but you can use the Hang Out interaction to max the relationship between townies and the Influence interaction to make them flirt, "creating" their gender preferences. Or, you can simple do it using SimPE, adjusting their gender preferences in their character files.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 2:22 PM
They can form love or hate relationships on their own although the townie would need to have had a gender preference set first. Uni is easy for that because the cow will flirt with random people giving them a preference.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 2:36 PM
There is option in Sim Blender what allows you to set gender preference for hood.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 5:41 PM
Yes I think it's triggered more often in uni. You have the cow, and you also have the drama professors who think they are in love with everyone.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:05 PM
I've played a fully controlled romance between two townies in a Simlogical school. Quite easy as townies are completely controllable all the time they're in school. They clearly liked each other and I brought them together till they fell in love and went steady. Today they're playables and run a really wild little nightclub together. I suppose you could do the same in a Simlogical prison, but somehow a prison seems a much less likely location for romance. (Anyway none of my Sims is bad enough to go to prison! )

As for as townies having autonomous romance, I have had one case of a townie boy, Ralph Enriquez from Veronaville, who, as far as I can see, autonomously chose his gender preference by kissing another boy. I'm pretty sure I never did anything to set Ralph's gender preference. I didn't see the kiss myself, but first learned about it when reading the gossip in SimPE! It said, "Ralph Enriquez had very first kiss with Jihoon LeTourneau."

The way it came about was this: I have a nightclub just for gay teen boys; using the Visitor Controller, I ban adults, elders, females and straights, so the only Sims who come are gay teen boys and teen boys with (as yet) no gender preference. Ralph came as one of the latter. He had a character of 6, 5, 8, 3, 3. With his 3 nice points, he went round the club annoying and poking various gay boys. Not one of them poked him back. Like a parody of gay boys, every single one burst into tears. I'm sure one of the boys he picked in was Jihoon LeTourneau. "Well", I thought, "I'm not having this!", and at the first opportunity, I turned on Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled, summoned him, and dragged up his Nice points from 3 to 8. That had the desired effect, and he became much better behaved. The next I really noticed him was that fateful kiss with Jihoon. I'm pretty sure it happened at the same gay teen nightclub. It couldn't have come at a better time for ex-townie Jihoon who was trying to get over a failed gay relationship with Gordon Cornton. Today Jihoon and Ralph are steady boyfriends with a 100/100 relationship both ways. I don't think I did anything to make Ralph gay, but making him nicer may have made him more open to accepting an autonomous approach from Jihoon.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:49 PM
There are two apartment townies living in the apartment complex with David Ottomas. He's on the ground floor so I don't really have any reason to go up a floor, but when I do they're usually together flirting. I wish I could make them playable and add them to my game, but sadly I don't allow for non-maxis made sims in my megahood, and both are randomly generated townies.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 6:03 PM
You made the rule, you can break it, Bigsimsfan!

But if you really don't want to, you can take comfort in the fact that as long as they're townies, they, and their love, are immortal.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You made the rule, you can break it, Bigsimsfan!

But if you really don't want to, you can take comfort in the fact that as long as they're townies, they, and their love, are immortal.
Love is . . . forever!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
As for as townies having autonomous romance, I have had one case of a townie boy, Ralph Enriquez from Veronaville, who, as far as I can see, autonomously chose his gender preference by kissing another boy. I'm pretty sure I never did anything to set Ralph's gender preference. I didn't see the kiss myself, but first learned about it when reading the gossip in SimPE! It said, "Ralph Enriquez had very first kiss with Jihoon LeTourneau."

[...]

I don't think I did anything to make Ralph gay, but making him nicer may have made him more open to accepting an autonomous approach from Jihoon.

It definitely seems more likely that Jihoon was the one who initiated the kiss - or a flirt - and that was what set Ralph's preference. Once that happened, either or both could've taken it from there. Sims with a 0/0 orientation will usually still accept romantic interactions, as long as they don't actively dislike the other sim (or it's a complete stranger).
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 3:46 PM
Well, defaultly no. Unless of course there was this drama professor case. Maybe you could use some trick to create multiple drama professors (for example with the teleporter cat 'move in' and the 'make me a townie' and wait for a new drama professor to generate.

I've made a married townie couple with the teleporter cat. It seems to work all right but generally, the townie romance never happens unless it is somehow custom made.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 5:16 PM
I see it all the time and I have no romance mods. Drama professors break relationships, they don't make them!

Instructor
#21 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:53 PM
I have ACR, and I love having townies get together. Sometimes, if a certain townie is connected to my playable (e.g. a friend, or work friend etc) and they have an love interest then I love trying to make them playable; and getting them with their love interest and then playing out their life story. And then there are townies which I want to make playable, but I haven't figured out how to make them playable to work into the storyline; whom I think have an interesting story and a love interest who I'm interested in introducing that I think would add interesting genetics to the population.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 10:05 PM
I have ACR too and I love it when some townies act on their mutual attraction. Some community lots, I'll add a 4x4 room with the cheapest double bed to provide another option besides a hot tub or photo booth.