Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2010 at 5:00 PM
Default New pattern tool coming this summer
I'm not sure if this is a right place to post this, but I wonder have other people seen pictures of this new pattern tool yet.

Here is a link I found when I was on FB Sims 3 fansite.

I did some more searching on the matter too. There isn't much out yet though, or I'm just bad a googleing :P

I personally think the tool is a very nice add, expecially for people that are not so great with graphic programs.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:58 AM
It looks to me like we will be stuck with using the stickers they have in the tool to create unless we make our own which brings us right back to our graphics programmes. Hopefully there will be a good array of stickers but I'm not expecting too much.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 4:28 PM Last edited by frillen : 24th Jun 2010 at 4:45 PM.
It's ready to download here:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/pattern

I've been testing it and it is very easy to use and yet you can create extremely advanced patterns

I think it is brilliant

Only thing missing is the possibility to set the background color to transparant

Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
It looks to me like we will be stuck with using the stickers they have in the tool to create unless we make our own which brings us right back to our graphics programmes. Hopefully there will be a good array of stickers but I'm not expecting too much.

You can import your very own stickers, so it's not limited to the default ones

Life's a game, so let's play!
Retired
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 6:26 PM
This is a lot more fun than I had anticipated!

I'm throwing patterns into my studio, but presumably it's easy to convert them into tidier package files: http://www.thesims3.com/userExchang...etType=material

Can't wait to see the stuff that people come up with!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 12:03 PM
I am using it now, it is fun and I am converting my old sims 2 wallpapers (real vintage wallpapers) into patterns.

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...