Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:17 AM
Default clw8 Application
Hey there!
My name is Jazlyn Henshaw. I have always adored the outdoors and flowers, so, it's quite fitting that my name is Jazlyn, which is derived from Jasmine, which is a type of flowers. I am 26 years old and live in a quite old and decaying house in the middle of town. The house sticks out like a sore thumb, but it was given to me by my dear late grandmother Patrisha. The aging elder eventually lost mobility over the years and was unable to upkeep the home. By the time she had the desire to hire a handy man, it was actually too late in her years to hire one.

Anywho, so I live here, and have been for about 2 months with my nephew. You will meet him in a bit. It is our mission to first fix up this place, and then find the old hospitality this island is famous for.

I'm Blythe Mosley. My mother was obviously taking a bit too much morphine when she named me. Or maybe I should blame my aunt Jazlyn for buying my mom that book: "Alternative Baby Names". Nonetheless, my name means "cheerful, gentle". I suppose that it fits. I'm a pretty solitaire guy at times. I don't party much, but when I do I can be the life of any party. I seem to make even the most depressed person smile, and treat every female with the upmost respect.

I never knew my father; he supposedly up and left before I was born. My mom died in a car accident five years ago. I was 11 then, thus making me 16 years old now. My mother left custody to my aunt - her only sister - which is how I came to live with Jazlyn. We used to live on the mainland in the city, but, when my great grandmother passed away, we packed up and moved out here. It's pretty cool thus far.

The two of us have a strange relationship I suppose. Separated by only 10 years, we seem to enjoy a lot of the same things. In public people think that we are siblings, and we sometimes act like boyfriend / girlfriend. But, we aren't. We are just two people with a lot in common, who have just each other to lean on. Though, hopefully one day we can both find a real love of our lives.
X.- Jazlyn and Blythe

-clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:18 AM
Allie - sure!
clw8 - awesome app! They're so cute! I love their strange relationship. :D
Also: guys, are all of you only submitting 1 application? Aww.. Just kidding!
Can't wait until the 8th, hmm?
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:27 AM
wait, we can have 2 APPS? Hooray! I'll be back in a day or two with my other application!
*skips off into a field of happy flowers*
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:28 AM
Hehe. Waroruri, glad to see you're happy! Can't wait for your other application!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:58 AM
Default App: Blade Yankey and Jacqueline Willow
Name: Blade Yankey
Lifestage: Teenager

Yo, how's it going? The name's Blade, (yeah awesome right?). Well, if you're really wanting to be nosy, then I guess I can share a brief bio. Well I'm 15 (and a half) years old, I have two elder siblings who get on my nerves and parents who are always on my case. (Welcome to my hell).

Although I can't really say that they're horrible, I mean we have fun sometimes, like doing the smustle. That's my big bro Maxie to the left and my mother in the background right before she turned down the volume. (Ugh...parents certainly will ruin all of the fun).

If you knew me you'd think I was just a party animal but that's actually not the case. I mean yeah I party every now and then but schoolwork is essential for me. My parents taught me that before I even started Kindergarten and I plan to go to Uni.

Name: Jacqueline Willow
Lifestage: Adult

Bonjour, my name is Jacqueline Willow. I'm 20 years old and I'm currently enrolled in Uni. I live in an apartment with my roommates.

So...I guess you're wondering what I do in my spare time, right? Well, on most days (when the weather is nice which is nearly always here in Neptune Blast). I go to the park and just look at the beautiful pond and daydream. The park is a very pleasant place.

These are my roommates, and since none of us can cook we always go out to eat every evening. It's loads of fun, hanging out with my roomies.

(Hope this is right, and yeah I know it's over four sentences but their rules don't say anything about a maximum number of sentences. :hmm: )

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th May 2009 at 11:36 AM
It's wonderful! Bravo, Dreamydre15. (Can I call you Dreamy?) "Blade". Hehe, I like him! And Jacqueline has a very unique face, too. Is she an alien?

I can't wait to see what your Round I brings!
#57 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:54 PM
Dreamydre15 I tried to send you a PM but your Box is full...

I like your app in the contest. But your boys last name is not ending on Y however, the rule said it should.

Not sure how it will be judged at the end. Since the app is not closed yet you can still change it . Good luck in this contest!

Rules:

For The Female
-their first name must start with "Ja"
-their last name must end with "W"

For The Male
-their first name must start with "Bl"
-their last name must end with "Y"
#58 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:17 PM
Do you still need a EJ? I'm happy to be one if you like.
Inventor
Original Poster
#59 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:37 PM
sure, but are you sure you didn't want to enter? I thought you were interested in doing that, but if you just want to be an EJ, sure, I'll add you.

Dreamy, Aba is right - Blade's last name has to end withn "Y", not start with it. Maybe you could change his name to Blade Yankey?
#60 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:39 PM
I've entered another contest now, sorry about that . I know I can be in more then one at a time but I prefer to stick to just one...and I like sticking to the more simpler ones, I'd have to rethink alot of my stuff in my downloads folder if I entered this! But I'm more then happy to be a EJ, it looks like a good contest to follow.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aba23
Dreamydre15 I tried to send you a PM but your Box is full...

I like your app in the contest. But your boys last name is not ending on Y however, the rule said it should.

Not sure how it will be judged at the end. Since the app is not closed yet you can still change it . Good luck in this contest!

Rules:

For The Female
-their first name must start with "Ja"
-their last name must end with "W"

For The Male
-their first name must start with "Bl"
-their last name must end with "Y"

umm...okay thanks.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Inventor
Original Poster
#62 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:41 PM
Lou Barrat - Ok. Just so you know though, all CC is allowed for app round. You can always try it out for 1 or 2 rounds, just to see if you like it. You can always drop out if it gets too hectic, but since we still need apps, another entry would be much appreciated. :D

Dreamy - No need to change Jacqueline's entry, she's fine as her last name ends with a "W". It's just Blade who needs fixing.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:15 PM
Default application--happyasabunny
Hi, I'm Jacklyn Shaw I am 17 years old and I go to SimCity High School. I am in the top choir in the schooled named the Aristocrats. I love to sing and that is my passion. When I am not singing I am playing varsity soccer. I am one of the best on the team. I make almost all the goals that my team gets. I had a twin sister but she died at birth. I am a straight A student that is in AP (Advanced Placement) Biology aka College level biology.

Hi, I'm Blane Stanley. I am Jacklyn Shaw's half brother, we have different dads. I am 7 years old and I love to play soccer just like my big sis. After I am done with soccer I love to come home and play with my monster trucks. I have another sister that is one year younger and I love to destroy her doll house. The house is goes back together but still my mommy gets mad at me. That's really all that there is to know about me.
Site Helper
#64 Old 7th May 2009 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
Wow, I love your entry! I'm adding it now! Wait, so Jalira's a human... but her dad is a vamp? And I take it Blaze is an elf, right? So there was a war between Jalira's people, the Shadowlands, and the elves? Confusing, but I'm loving it. I hope the people in the next rounds continue this story!

Jalira is a dhampir. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhampir Her father is a vampire, and her deceased (ie. not in game) mother was human. And yes, Blaze is an elf.

Don't worry, my further entries are going to be adding more to the story. I'm using the contest as an incentive to stop building lots for a while and start building sims, so they are all going to be involved with the back-story of the new neighborhood I'm making. The main neighborhood, Downtown, and the shopping district are 3 different countries, although the Priory of Light is the only university lot for all of them. I will try not to make things too confusing, though.

I just thought of a question which could become important at some point: What time zone are you in?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th May 2009 at 10:27 PM
I'm in the USA Eastern time zone, and right now it is 5:31 PM.

In other news...
happyasabunny, your app is just fab, I'm glad someone did a kid!
sidneydoj, thanks for the info. Never had heard of them before. Wow, you learn something new every day! Can't wait for your round 1!
Test Subject
#66 Old 7th May 2009 at 11:50 PM
Here's my second application. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up both of them, but I'll try - I heart this contest! Sorry again for having the linked photos, but it won't work!

Name: Jade Bristow
Location: Jade's bedroom, a small apartment in London, England.

Hello, my name is Jade Eliza Bristow, and I am eight years old. Right now I'm on my "summer vacation" at home. I go to Montler Boarding School, which is way up north, and I hate it there. The food is bad, the play area worse, the lessons even worse, and the bedrooms just terrible.
To make matters worse, I am always being bullied there. Her name is Miranda, and she's twelve. But just because she wears the same uniform and ties her hair the same way doesn't mean we think the same way. She's always pulling my hair and yelling at me and hitting me and laughing at me, as she is doing in this picture. I only have two friends at Montler; Lizzie and Shawn.
Here's Shawn with me, in front of the aquarium in the South Hall. I remember that day well, because that was when he asked me to kiss him. I didn't want to, but he said, "please?" so loudly that I kissed him just to shut him up. We both though it was gross, and right then and there we decided we'd never do it again.
My other friend is Lizzie. Her real name is Elizabeth, but I call her Lizzie 'cause Elizabeth is too long. We share a bedroom, and we've been friends since we first met back when we were four. We do lots of things together, but jumping on the bed is one of our favorites.
Well, I have to go now. Kira, our cook, is calling me, and I have to listen to her or no sweeties for me! See you later!

Name: Blithe Ashby
Location: The master bedroom, Montler Co-ed Boarding School, just east of Carlisle, England

I didn't consent gladly to this interview, so let me tell you, hurry up. I haven't all day, I've got a boarding school to run! You already know who I am, so lets get on with it. I run the Montler Boarding School, yes. I don't enjoy it much though. All those children running through the halls drive me nuts! The girls are bad enough with their hair always coming loose, but the boys are the worst. They are always fighting, and it's all I can do to keep them apart.
I don't have time for the little boys who come to me to assuage their fears of the dark. That's not my job, and I won't do it! The girls take up too much of Hannah's time, so the cooking is never good. And the boys are always being loud and violent. Then when I put them outside, the girls complain and give me some two-cent story about equality. All I want it peace and quiet! I wouldn't run this place if I didn't have to, believe me. But a will is a will, so this is the way it has to be.
Look, we've been here for nearly ten minutes. Who knows what the children have gotten up to without me to watch them? Now, scat!
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 7th May 2009 at 11:53 PM
Great entry, waroruri! I'll add it in a minute. It doesn't look like you've got any CC there, hmm?
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:11 AM
nope! I didn't use any custom content, does this mean I get a bonus point?
Inventor
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:12 AM
sure does! good for you, waroruri.
Scholar
#70 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:26 AM
everyone's app's are looking great!
Inventor
Original Poster
#71 Old 8th May 2009 at 12:30 AM
yeah, definitely. I don't envy you judges! :D

And BTW, all of you who keep lurking but not posting...
Enter!
Come on... you know you want to!
Field Researcher
#72 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:12 AM
I'm entering, but I've a question. Does Maxis edits (such as the vampire hair from Night Life, only with the jewel removed) and age converted Maxis outfits/hair count as CC or as Maxis content?
Inventor
Original Poster
#73 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:23 AM
Did you have to download anything to access them? If it was a "revealer hack" that just shows items that Maxis hid, they do no count as CC. If it's something else, link it and I'll take a look.
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:29 AM
Janice Skybrow && Blain Clay

Hello, my name is Janice Skybrow, and I am a current resident in Riverblossom. At the moment, I am only twenty five years old. Haha, well, I think you caught me. I am thirty seven years old! Yeah, go ahead and do your loud gasps, I actually enjoy them.

I moved to Riverblossom with my son, Blaine Clay. He is only sixteen years old, and currently attends Riverblossom High School. His average grade rang is a B+. I am totally proud of my son, and I love him to death.

Every morning, before he begins to walk to school, I always make him breakfast. Usually it is eggs, bacon, and toast, only because it is his favorite to eat. You can say I spoil him. Right after dinner, I walk him outside to the corner, and then we do our normal family kiss.

After school, he comes home, he will show me his grades, and I just get overly excited. We both love to dance, seeing as I am a dance teacher and he is in a dance crew. We both usually find ourselves dancing together near the radio.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:32 AM
Ok, I understand. That means that Maxis content from the Sims 2 Store counts as CC too, right?

Page 3 of 12