Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#401 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:18 PM
Thanks Phae! I was going to give up on the graduation pics - trying to put them through college to get them in their robes.. I didn't know that the teens graduated. I thought they either went off to college or grew up to adults... So with the outfits, I can pose them... perhaps... lol These sims have minds of their own. I guess I can impose absolute control and turn off free will. Mwahahahaa. (I need )
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#402 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:25 PM
Sim teens don't actually graduate, which I think is dumb, that's why I made the robes and did a HS graduation. I've been turning off free will to get my pictures. Just remember to turn it back on again so they can live their lives.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#403 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:49 PM
Thanks Phae Glad you got my subtle hint, lol. I didn't want to sound like I was nagging or just be like "Uh where the heck are the caps and gowns you promised" lol.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#404 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:32 AM Last edited by porkypine : 14th Jul 2012 at 1:07 AM.
I've uploaded my Prom page. Please judge that. I don't know if I'll get the grads done ... (truth in lending act here.) I want to get started on my foundation house for Q's building contest. :0)

Oh! Phae! If you want to use a cap that goes with any hairstyle except the real poofy types, clone my seminole men's hat. I cloned a pair of glasses. Just pop your hat mesh into it. It's already set to go with any hairstyle. Just flip the code for females.
Test Subject
#405 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:09 AM
Default I know I'm late.
I found out about this competition too late, and I am aware of that because it is like a weekly basis thing, but I thought I'd post up what would have been my entries, just so you can see. Maybe next time?

(by the way there are another six pages but I can't find them in my files.)
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#406 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:33 AM
Porky, the graduation spread is the required one, please make sure you have time to finish it! As for the hat, I was thinking about doing it as an accessory, but I decided against it. I figured if I had a short, a long, and an updo, that would be enough for all the hairstyles. I was going to do a short and a long/pulled back version for the guys as well. Maybe later.

BCherri, you are about a month and a half too late to enter, the application round closed back in May. We are wrapping up the contest now. Sorry!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#407 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 5:46 AM
Hello BCHerri! Sorry you missed this one, It was fun and a learning experience, for me anyway. :0)

There is a new contest in Sims 3 for building. Join it! They are accepting applications until July 20. You have to build a house using the foundation they give. Go to the first page, download the foundation and start building. Don't alter the foundation. Sims3

CLick the link in my siggy calle Q's new foundation contest. :0)

Hi Phae.. Well darn. Since we've been given alternates all along I thought I might slide on the grad one... I have to admit, the fact that they chop off my guy's ponytails when they graduate always bugged me.
Test Subject
#408 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 10:41 AM
Porky: Thanks soo much, I'll have to start playing my Sims 3 game again to get used to it! Hopefully I won't be late this time. Lol.

Phae: Yeah, I know. It's a sad day. Lol! I just made it for fun and decided to share it. x
Scholar
#409 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:14 PM
Thanks for the caps and gowns Phae!

In truth I didn't want to send Daisy to Uni, as according to the hood rules she's not eligible anyway, but secondly I didn't feel up to ploughing through just for graduation photos.

With any luck (provided my laptop behaves; it was playing up on Thursday night ) I should have the Prom spread up before Monday night - just got to get Daisy's classmates aged up now, but as most are only a day or two away that won't take long. Her date is all ready to go, and I've just got to finalise the choice of dress!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#410 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 5:45 PM
Selly, what rules do you use in your hood to decide who can go to Uni? That sounds interesting. I've been trying to work out a way of making Sims pay for their education, but I don't have anything worked out yet.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#411 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 7:28 PM Last edited by porkypine : 14th Jul 2012 at 7:45 PM.
Hi Phae, I had been wondering what the teen female graduate outfit looked like because I could only find the male outfit. I was busy trying to keep fractious diva sims from walking off the set last night so I quit the game around 3 am and hit the sack. Just now, I am getting back to the game and used SimPE to see what the female outfit looked like and where it was binned, formal, everyday, etc. and it was only then that I realized that you had forgotten to pack the female gown recolor. You had the teen male recolor packed twice. Only the female mesh was packed.

lol. Even with free will turned off, these danged sims keep walking off the set! They must be camera shy. I drug my old college cheat out of the mod closet and will try the medieval gowns.

Selly, I've been using the Insiminator to age my sims up and down.
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#412 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 8:44 PM
omg, porky. I can't believe I did that, and I included something else stupid instead. I'll fix that asap.

Here are your scores from the School/Birthday Round!

+1 Friday Submission

+2 Saturday Submission

+1 Sunday Submission

-1 Day Late

Congratulations to Selly, our Round Winner! Also congrats to Croutonian who had the next highest score!
Scholar
#413 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Selly, what rules do you use in your hood to decide who can go to Uni?
As the Applebys live in my Build-A-City hood, and I'm using some of iCad's new ruleset for Uni, sims are only eligible if they either rolled Knowledge as their Primary aspiration OR they have a career LTW that requires a degree. Daisy fulfils neither of these, as she is a Popularity sim with a LTW of Celebrity Chef. Plus, as the 4th generation heiress to the legacy, she's already got her hands full learning the family business!

porky, I'm not averse to using InSim or the Blender for aging purposes, but as all the other families in the hood are playing catch-up big time it's not a problem in my mind if I spend time in other lots to get kids to the desired age. Imagine it if you will: 74 households ALL requiring a minimum of 2 sim-weeks worth of play, and 46 of those require 3... even if I play for every waking moment bar work and mealtimes it's going to take weeks if not months just to get them back in sync!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#414 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 6:58 AM Last edited by porkypine : 15th Jul 2012 at 7:17 AM.
Ok! I finally got the graduation from college pages done. I guess judge that rather than the prom. :0)

Selly,.. Yikes! I have families galore and they are all out of sync. I don't even try to keep them the same. I guess I have mostly been modding stuff rather than playing actual sims. I mainly use them to test drive whatever I'm working on. I haven't done anything in Sims2 since High Rollers. Unfortunately, that came out right when Sims3 came out so it didn't get the notice it would have otherwise. I did have a heck of a lot of fun making a martini shaped hot tub for that mod group. (My husband's suggestion. ) Well, I tried to make it martini shaped but the sims behinds kept poking through the walls so I had to make it a sundae shape instead. It's complete with an olive twizzle stick and ice cube steps. It's all transparent The other thing I had a blast making was the peacock showgirl outfit, complete with little peacock heads on the shoes. Gaudy peacock colors too. So.. I play when I make silly things. If they are good enough I upload them.

Thanks Croutonian and Selly for not quitting! Your pages are really good looking. I'd hate to win just because I got early bonus points. I am clearly not talented enough at this scrapbooking and sim herding endeavor. I also don't have all those fancy digital scrapbook things some of you have been collecting over the years - which is why my pages don't match up theme/element-wise. :0)

Congratulations to the winner! Thanks Phae for holding this contest. I hope I learned enough to make a digital scrapbook of my family tree that won't hurt the eyes of my relatives.

I am off to a contest that doesn't have to manipulate those recalcitrant sims! I am going to build things. :0) Here I come Q!
Test Subject
#415 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 6:38 PM
Hello, I've upload both the Prom and the graduation pages. Please judge the prom. I had fun making it. I was attempting to make it elegant and regal. It ended up looking a little like Christmas because of all the gold tones.

Thank you Phae for holding this contest. I've enjoyed it. Good luck everyone.
Test Subject
#416 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:59 AM
Default Dropping
Sorry I haven't been respondant with this fourm, I'm dropping out of the Contest.

Oh, and LOTS of these look goregous, I don't know how they plan to pick a winner!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#417 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 12:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear it, kate! I'm pretty sure you can still do this round if you like, since I don't think you get disqualified for missing one round.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#418 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:46 AM
While it's been fun, I'm glad that this is the final round; from what I've seen today my BACC hood is on the verge of blowing up!

I'll endeavour to get the final pictures and do spreads (if the clothing-changer had worked I'd've had prom photos by now) but obviously the last thing I want is to render the hood unplayable before I'm able to rebuild it.
I don't want to drop out so close to the finish line, but if needs must I will...

retired moderator
Original Poster
#419 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:14 AM
Kate, I'm sorry to hear that, technically you can miss a round without being DQ'd, so if you want to finish out the contest by doing a graduation page you still can.

Please don't drop out Selly, you are one of our top competitors! Technically, you only need 1 photo per page, so if you can get that and fill the rest of the page with 'memoriabilia' it would still make for a great entry and it should destroy your hood much more.
Scholar
#420 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:30 PM
Don't you mean "it shouldn't destroy the hood much more" Phae?

Anyway, good news is I've managed to get some Prom photos (need another two or three for variety, but that shouldn't take long), and with a little rehashing of the building aftrwards I can use it for Graduation too The spreads are looking more likely now.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#421 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:23 PM
Yes, I fail at typing more often than you know. Usually I catch them though. I used the same building for my prom and grad photos too. I forgot to link it to you all though, it's twoflower's American High School.
Scholar
#422 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 11:45 PM
Unfortunately it seems that it's not just my hood that's dead - my laptop went funny earlier and without it I can't do anything! I'm currently unable to connect to the Net on my new one, and I've also mislaid the disc for Paint Shop Pro so can't install that anyway.

Therefore it is with the utmost regret that I have to bow out of the contest

Good luck to the rest of the entrants and may the best win.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#423 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 12:51 AM
Are you sure Selly? You still have a week and a half to get something scrapped together.
Scholar
#424 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 3:59 AM
Well, as I've had success at finding the all-important disc after turning the room completely upside-down, AND hopefully got all my files to transfer to the new laptop (not to mention that for the moment this computer is just about coping with me online), I'm going to take back my last post for now. I can tell you really don't want me to quit, and to be honest it nearly killed me to type that last line!

Providing I can get Sims running properly on the new one (ie without 64,000 crashes) quickly, I'll keep going... Now that I've got PSP installed, I can get on with making at least the Prom spread. I got enough pictures before the comp went wonky to be able to manage that.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#425 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:45 PM
Selly! What great news. With the extended deadline, you definitely stand a shot at completing. You also might want to store a backup of your work somewhere in case your computer goes down again.

Page 17 of 19