Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 7:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 won't load at all - has previously loaded.
Hi,

So, I recently had to do a re-install of my games, and I took the opportunity to sort out some glitching custom content that I wanted out of the game. So, because I don't know exactly which item is causing my problems, I was loading the custom content in batches. I did this without any issues several times - it loaded up after straight away. Then I added in another bunch of CC and it wouldn't load. Now this is all CC I've had in game before, without having this issue, but I took the last batch out anyway and tried to load again - it still didn't work. :s

I've since taken the whole CC folder out, but it still won't load.It starts to - I can see it pop up in task manager - but then it disappears.

Now, I'm not sure what else to do. I don't think this is a CC issue, because I've taken the CC out - but I can't think what else it could be. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 7:37 PM
Delete your cache files, try again, and report back.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 7:56 PM
That seems to have solved it! Thanks!
Theorist
#4 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 10:22 PM
You're welcome. That's always Step One when you have that sort of problem.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 10:44 PM
If you use cc you will need to do that often.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 5:46 PM
It's a common issue then? Not one I've ever come across, and I've played Sims 2 since it was released and used CC for the majority of that time, and I've never had to do that before. Guess I've been lucky.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 6:05 PM
It's the most common reason for the game not starting.

I think it depends a bit on the CC you use. Bodyshop CC tends to be more likely to cause issues with the cache files than build/buy, particularly if you also make stuff in Bodyshop.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf
It's a common issue then?

Yes, very common.

Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf
Not one I've ever come across, and I've played Sims 2 since it was released and used CC for the majority of that time, and I've never had to do that before. Guess I've been lucky.

I never ran across this until I got the computer I'm on right now. The previous 2 computers? Never, ever had to delete the groups.cache.

There is an empty groups.cache somewhere (if I remember to find it, I'll post the link but I wouldn't count on me remembering.. unfortunately), which means you don't have to delete it before loading your game. But it can get corrupted somehow and needs to be replaced - which is why I stopped using it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 7:12 PM
Here is the link @mustluvcatz http://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/t...ache-file#32982

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 3:24 AM
Thanks!!! @marka93
(Sure enough, in the hours since I posted I forgot all about looking for it. I sure wouldn't have thought of looking at Sugah's Place for it...)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 7:28 AM
I have to delete them about every third to forth start up of it won't start. This questions gets asked every week and most times this is what it is- thankfully as it's the most easily solvable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~