Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 4:12 AM Last edited by TheUselessMedic : 28th Jul 2014 at 8:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Memories Not Showing Up In SimPE [FIXED]
I'm trying to edit my sims' memories in SimPE, but none of them are showing up. I've looked through several tutorials and I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

If anyone can't help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Some additional info:
I have all the Sims 2 expansions and stuff packs and I have the Mansion and Garden patch for SimPE installed already.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:13 PM
I'm not sure, but have you tried accessing the memories via the Sim Browser? That's where I usually do it from, it might work for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
I'm not sure, but have you tried accessing the memories via the Sim Browser? That's where I usually do it from, it might work for you.

Thanks for the reply. I'd tried it through the Sim Browser at first and then switched to doing it through Neighborhood Memory after seeing it done in most tutorials. I just tried it again and I'm still not having any luck. Thanks again for the suggestion though.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:02 AM
I'm trying to figure this out too; I hadn't seen this occur before, until I loaded up SimPE after having recently installed the Ultimate Collection edition of Sims 2. Prior to the UC install I'd never seen this occur with the memory screen in SimPE. And in the game, everyone's memories are showing up just fine, so they're not obliterated or anything. (Or 'Obliviated' as it'd be termed in Harry Potter.) Just to compare notes- have you recently installed the UC too?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:22 AM
mmm - that's unusual, though your memory window is very small. Are the memories showing up in game?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by napoleon30
I'm trying to figure this out too; I hadn't seen this occur before, until I loaded up SimPE after having recently installed the Ultimate Collection edition of Sims 2. Prior to the UC install I'd never seen this occur with the memory screen in SimPE. And in the game, everyone's memories are showing up just fine, so they're not obliterated or anything. (Or 'Obliviated' as it'd be termed in Harry Potter.) Just to compare notes- have you recently installed the UC too?

As a matter of fact, I did recently install the Ultimate Collection. It seems very possible that SimPE is not quite compatible with Ultimate Collection and would need to be patched or updated. Is anyone else having issues with SimPE since installing Ultimate Collection?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
mmm - that's unusual, though your memory window is very small. Are the memories showing up in game?

Memories show up in game normally, yes.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheUselessMedic
Memories show up in game normally, yes.

Then they should be there. In your picture, I'm just seeing the start of the memories in the window (which I think is very small - you can make it bigger). Dumb question perhaps but did you scroll right (actually I can see you did partially)? Are you also in the memories tab - not the skills tab? Basic stuff sorry but I want to check it's not something that simple.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:12 PM
Have you gone through the System Folders tab in your SimPE preferences and corrected the filepaths to point to your UC installation? And checked that the changes are reflected in the File Table tab?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Then they should be there. In your picture, I'm just seeing the start of the memories in the window (which I think is very small - you can make it bigger). Dumb question perhaps but did you scroll right (actually I can see you did partially)? Are you also in the memories tab - not the skills tab? Basic stuff sorry but I want to check it's not something that simple.

Thanks for the reply!
I enlarged the window and made extra sure I was on the memory tab, however there still aren't any memories showing up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you gone through the System Folders tab in your SimPE preferences and corrected the filepaths to point to your UC installation? And checked that the changes are reflected in the File Table tab?

Just did that and it fixed the problem. Memories show up like normal now. Thanks so much for your help!
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 11:27 AM
I had this odd problem too. On a new computer, I installed my games (all EPs and Stuff packs so I don't need the Ultimate Collection), and SimPE. Then I made a custom neighborhood, and checked the new sims along with the pre-made sims that come with Bluewater Village, and got exactly the same kind no memories shown in the photos by TheUselessMedic. Not a single sim anywhere had memories.

Thanks to Nysha's suggestion, I did something similar. I went into the SimPE --> Extras --> Preferences, and ran the System Check. The third and final check said I was missing some objects. The beauty of it was the 'Fix' button. Worked like a charm.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Ovenhole : 6th Oct 2015 at 5:11 PM.
Did you do anything else? Because when I click Fix and run the check again, it still can't find the files. The first option claims that it can't locate the .exe for the base game and several expansions, even though the paths are correct.

edit: Okay, the .exe stuff is probably because I have the UC. Changing the file paths in System folders did nothing, but after I manually set every path in File Table, memories are showing up for me. Seems to work now.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 9:10 PM
I need help I have the same problem. My latest pack is Mansion & Garden
Site Helper
#15 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 12:54 AM
Which version of SimPE do you have?

If it's not the one you had to install yourself, (.73 or "QA for Everyone") you also need the Mansions And Gardens patch.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 11:00 PM
I've been having this issue as well.
Theorist
#17 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 11:09 PM
I had this issue when I had UC. Once I ditched UC and went back to my disks all memories were restored. I have M&G and use SimPE 0.72. Also, I don't think I installed the update for M&G, keep meanin to, just haven't done it yet.
Site Helper
#18 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:40 AM
If you have .72, and you have M&G, you need the patch.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you have .72, and you have M&G, you need the patch.

I have both! Where can I get the patch?
Instructor
#20 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 5:35 PM
How do you change the paths in the File Table?

I've got this same problem with the memories. I noticed that the System Check is looking for files that do not exist in UC. The one exe file is Sims2EP9.exe located in Fun with Pets/SP9. And System Check was unable to find that one also because it looked in the wrong place.

I looked in File Table and it lists all the folders as missing or unused except for the base game folders. Again, undoubtedly looking in the wrong place. I found the change button. This is what it shows for Mansion. G:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\TSData\Res\3D. Obviously a few steps left out. Do I need to do anything besides add those extra folders and click OK? Do I need to do anything with the Load Folder button or the Load for drop-down menu? And what is the Recursive check box for?

And is there anywhere to download the SimPE tutorial? I can't access that page on the website anymore.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 8:36 PM
You just click on the line for each EP/SP - you should get a three little dots button at the end of the line. Click on that and you can then browse to the appropriate folder.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 10:13 PM
@Suzan2k The M&G Patch is here:
http://www.simlogical.info/SimPE/Si...mpeMGUpdate.htm

@hedgekat There is a tutorial here:
http://sims.ambertation.de/tut_ps.shtml
Also there should be PDF tutorials in your SimPE installation files:
[SimPE Installation location]\SimPE\Doc\en
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:12 AM
Default Don't forget to click reload
Hi, I was having a very similar problem. I went ahead and manually set in every path in system folders and still there were no changes! I kept restarting SimPE and trying to reroute everything and no changes. But then I had an ahah moment and clicked the reload button under the files table section and voila! it was fixed!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 6:29 PM
Yes, telling it to reload the file table is a good idea. Sounds like it wasn't doing that when you restarted (which it should).

Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:18 PM
How do I have to lineup the expansionpacks correctly?
Page 1 of 2